ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>The President Is Currently Serving Up Several Flavors of Batshit on Twitter
oaklandhater 03:02 PM 08-21-2019
https://www.esquire.com/news-politic...nland-denmark/

Donald Trump, American president, shares the view that he is the Second Coming after spazzing about Greenland and suggesting efforts to limit car pollution are Political Correctness.


BY JACK HOLMES

nd thus begins another day where we as a nation throw up our hands in the face of overwhelming evidence that the president is completely insane. Sure, the Secretary of Energy—the man in charge of safeguarding the United States nuclear arsenal—got conned by a Boomer-bait Instagram scam. (Folks, your post on a social media platform is not some sort of binding contract with the company running that platform just because you say so. You signed your life away long ago when you agreed to the terms of service.) But the real action is on the Tweet Machine, where the big man himself is going absolutely intergalactic about...everything.

There was a brief injection of normal behavior last night, where El Jefe congratulated his son and daughter-in-law on the birth of their child. Unfortunately, that was sandwiched by total lunacy. Earlier in the evening, the President of the United States was tweeting clips from Fox News—including a segment from Lou Dobbs, the fashy Benjamin Button, who offered his views on The Fake Left-Wing Media and The Radical Dems. It apparently no longer merits a discussion that the world's most powerful man is in a full-on Symbiosis of Stupid with a right-wing propaganda channel that, in a quintessentially American way, is a private entity serving as State TV in pursuit of the almighty dollar.

And then there was this.

Denmark is a very special country with incredible people, but based on Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen’s comments, that she would have no interest in discussing the purchase of Greenland, I will be postponing our meeting scheduled in two weeks for another time........The Prime Minister was able to save a great deal of expense and effort for both the United States and Denmark by being so direct. I thank her for that and look forward to rescheduling sometime in the future!
This is nuts, right down to the ellipses, which seem to have been getting longer and longer ever since he learned how to do tweet threads. The president has canceled a diplomatic trip because the country he was gonna do diplomacy at would not sell him a piece of said country. Or so he says.

Some are speculating that this could have something to do with former President Obama's trip to Denmark, scheduled for a few weeks after Trump's. While Obama has his critics, it's almost certain he'll be received warmly by the Danish public as an "emotionally stable human being" who "doesn't show his ass in front of the world on the daily"—a throwback to happier times, when every second of every day wasn't dominated by presidential horrors big and small. The current chief—or his staff—will remember the reception he got in London back in June, and expect something similar in a place that's far more sane even than Britain. (The Brits, after all, have found their own fool.) The contrast with Obama would not be pretty, and neither would Trump's response. He might invade Greenland then and there.

But then it was time for another flavor of batshit.

“Thank you to Wayne Allyn Root for the very nice words. “President Trump is the greatest President for Jews and for Israel in the history of the world, not just America, he is the best President for Israel in the history of the world...and the Jewish people in Israel love him........like he’s the King of Israel. They love him like he is the second coming of God...But American Jews don’t know him or like him. They don’t even know what they’re doing or saying anymore. It makes no sense! But that’s OK, if he keeps doing what he’s doing, he’s good for..........all Jews, Blacks, Gays, everyone. And importantly, he’s good for everyone in America who wants a job.” Wow! @newsmax @foxandfriends @OANN
Again, with the ellipses. In case you're wondering, Wayne Allyn Root is a conspiracy theorist who has trafficked completely evidence-free stories about Obama's birthplace, Seth Rich, the Las Vegas shooting, and Charlottesville. He is nuts. So it's no wonder he called Donald Trump "the King of Israel," or suggested the Jewish people—who do not believe in a Second Coming—think Trump is the Second Coming. Who cares! Just say anything.

No, the truly incredible thing is that the President of the United States blasted this wacked-out nonsense to his 60 million-plus followers. Well, it's incredible if you think his goal is to convince American Jews to vote for him, just like he appeared to yesterday as he seemed to wander into the same dual-loyalty tropes that caused conservatives to freak the **** out at Ilhan Omar a little while back.

Of course, Trump previously referred to Benjamin Netanyahu as "your prime minister" while addressing a group of Jewish Republicans, so none of this is new. But accusing any Jewish people who vote for Democrats—so, between 70 and 80 percent of American Jews—of "disloyalty" is historically dangerous, and it's not likely to win any of their votes. It's almost like he's not trying to win their votes, but to send a message to some other constituency about where he's at.

Still, though, he had time for a casual incitement against four sitting congresswomen using a weaponized claim of anti-Semitism.

The cynicism on show here is truly gobsmacking. The idea that, after Charlottesville alone, anyone takes Trump's anti-Semitism policing seriously is absurd. But right after he essentially called himself the "King of Israel"? It's ****ing loco. And it's here where we might again state for the record that criticizing the policies of the Israeli government is not anti-Semitic.

Then the president went after the Federal Reserve, an attack on an arm of the government that is meant to make policy independently from the White House, and an action that under any other president would cause huge outcry. Now, it barely merits a mention. Then came another attack on the central bank. "....WHERE IS THE FEDERAL RESERVE?" And in between, there was a Presidential Take on cars:

Here, the president is suggesting that car manufacturers are bowing before Political Correctness because many are choosing to abide by California's stricter car emissions standards. They've chosen the state over Trump, who's seeking to roll back the Obama administration's standards enacted in 2012, which ought to cut down on pollution and carbon emissions. In reality, according to The New York Times, the four companies—and, it appears, Mercedes-Benz could soon be a fifth—are siding with California because they fear the U.S. car market will be split in two, where some states have stricter standards and others abide by Trump's lax federal ones. They want to nip that in the bud.

But even if they were really doing this for environmental reasons, that would not be "political correctness," it would be "trying to preserve the planet as a habitat for human civilization as we know it." You know, liberal shit. Because, contrary to the president's characterization that all this has "very little impact on the environment!", the Obama administration's vehicle pollution standards are, in the Times' estimation, "the single largest policy enacted by the United States to reduce planet-warming carbon dioxide emissions."

No reason to worry about any of that, though. Just say whatever. When you're King of Israel, they let you do it. You can do anything.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:19 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
Do I still think trump was the best option in 2016? He won and delivered the SC. If you're asking if I want to go back and have a do-overs with another candidate I'll pass. I think you underestimate the turnout of voters that came out because he wasn't part of the establishment.



And while we're at it and I feel you're asking these questions to judge my morals...you can claim he's not your president because he doesn't reflect your morals. I understand that. You can sit out the next election again, you can vote for the dem nominee, but if you do either don't pretend you really care about conservative issues. Trump might not be as conservative as I want, or as morally pure as you want, but he is going to be one hell of a better option that the idiots the dems are putting forward now.
Ding-Dong's an idiot, he doesn't get it, his brain came from a gumball machine.
[Reply]
-King- 10:19 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
You still following me around?

Try harder, King.
What can I say? I'm a fan of your comedy.
[Reply]
neech 10:38 PM 08-22-2019
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Ding-Dong's an idiot, he doesn't get it, his brain came from a gumball machine.
Yeah for someone who acts like he's smart he has a whole lot of dumb in him.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 01:19 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
^keeps proving point^

You remind me of the holdout juror voting guilty in:

Twelve Angry Men.
Lol that juror was right haven't you seen the film
[Reply]
neech 01:46 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
Lol that juror was right haven't you seen the film
I'd be the dude wanting to vote the guy guilty because he.

So I can go watch the ball game.
[Reply]
RodeoPants2 02:30 AM 08-23-2019
You'd send someone to prison for the rest of their life so you don't miss a ballgame? Sounds about right
[Reply]
Merde Furieux 03:47 AM 08-23-2019
Useless eater >>>>>


Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You'd send someone to prison for the rest of their life so you don't miss a ballgame? Sounds about right

[Reply]
Cave Johnson 04:31 AM 08-23-2019
Clearly need to up his Thorazine.
[Reply]
neech 04:32 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by RodeoPants2:
You'd send someone to prison for the rest of their life so you don't miss a ballgame? Sounds about right
I would carefully look over the evidence like I did during the movie realize he was guilty as sin, then place out the blackball of guilty as my vote.
Then return to the jury, the judge would say neech, did you just decide what your vote is going to be? Then I would slowly walk up there with the piece of paper and give it to him. Judge Judy within pronounce sentence, his mama would be over there crying, his family gathered around to. I would tell them I hope his life turns around in prison and he will be a good productive citizen when you gets out.
Now Jury let's go to the Mets baseball field and watch them play ball. Except for that smuck Henry Fonda.

I'm a merciful man so I would send him a small gift of sorrow with a poster of Rita Hayworth to put in his prison cell with a small rock hammer .
Then all he works need is pressure in time, pressure in time.

Good luck with bogs I would say as I gave him a bar of soup, say hi to Brooks for me by the way.
[Reply]
stevieray 04:42 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
What can I say?
Not much, like every other day.

:-)
[Reply]
Loneiguana 05:19 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
The article clearly says in the title that they served up several flavors of batshit and I don't see any bat droppings, no guano, nothing.

Libshits would take a title like that and expect to be taken seriously :-)
"King of the Jews"

"Disloyal Jews"

"Politically correct car companies"

:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Donger 06:27 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by mlyonsd:
And I understand you. I took your principled look at politics once and voted for Ross Perot, which helped elect Clinton. I didn't think it mattered at the time but how foolish I was.

When you sit out the next election you'll actually be condoning open borders. The ironic thing about that is trump cares more about your family's safety than you do.
No, I won't be condoning open borders. The two scenarios aren't the same. You took action and voted. I will not. That's the whole point. I'm not going to vote for "the lesser evil" again.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:20 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, I won't be condoning open borders. The two scenarios aren't the same. You took action and voted. I will not. That's the whole point. I'm not going to vote for "the lesser evil" again.
If you’re waiting for Mr Perfect, you’ll be sitting out elections until your dying day
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:28 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Shields68:
I think he was the only option that would have won.
This guy gets it.
[Reply]
Donger 08:54 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
If you’re waiting for Mr Perfect, you’ll be sitting out elections until your dying day
I'm not.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 12
« First < 678910 1112 >
Up