ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 24
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>-- The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America
Simply Red 02:55 PM 08-21-2019
This has been all over the web and the radio this week. Definitely want to try one, soon!

"The Popeyes Chicken Sandwich Is Here to Save America" from The New Yorker

Article

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also RB doing a side-by-side vs Chick Fil A

[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:16 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
I think Zaxby's is the best place to get a chicken sandwich. Love their club sandwich. Not the cajun club, the I mean the one with the chicken tenders. **** Im hungry.
Slim Chickens>Zaxby's
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:17 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You gor that bakkards, broski.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:19 PM 08-21-2019
NO SIR

Popeye Mahomes > Checkdown-Fil-A
[Reply]
lewdog 09:25 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
They have good food.

Unfortunately for the one near me, it's literally next door to a Popeyes, and Popeyes absolutely slays Chick-Fil-A in every measurable way.
Best post you've had here in years.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:25 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Slim Chickens>Zaxby's

Never heard of it, but apparently there is one not too far from where I live. What should I try?
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:00 PM 08-21-2019
If you ever find a Pollo Campero - best chicken sandwich.

Wendy's spicy chicken - #2.

Chik-fil-A - #3.

I haven't tried this new Popeye's one yet though.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:01 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I just don't get the Chi-Fil-A love.

I've had it twice now. It's so bland.
I like their spicy sandwich. Their tea is solid as well. BUT, cane’s is closer and just as good.
[Reply]
-King- 10:12 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Maybe it was Nostalgia but the 10 pack was undefeated
Yeah I've been there twice on separate occasions when in St Louis. Very underwhelmed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:13 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
The one on Business Loop pisses me off to no end, it's right by work but I waste 3/4 of my lunch hour in that line.

If I'm going to wait that long, I'd rather just go to Chik-Fil-A off Stadium. Or go to Just Jeff's.
You want bad service, ANY restaurant on biz loop is the way to go. That McDonalds will just flat tell you to fuck off. They'll have you park and wait for food so that they can walk outside, hand it to you and take a smoke break.

That said - there's a little old lady with a weird eye at the biz loop popeyes whose just sweet as hell. She's probably about worthless as an employee but she's as friendly as you'll meet and that will get you overlooking a lot of crap.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:20 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Never heard of it, but apparently there is one not too far from where I live. What should I try?
A beer.

That's the main selling point for Slim Chickens - they serve alcohol.

Otherwise its just Zaxby's. I really couldn't give you a distinction.
[Reply]
-King- 10:21 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
If you ever find a Pollo Campero - best chicken sandwich.

Wendy's spicy chicken - #2.

Chik-fil-A - #3.

I haven't tried this new Popeye's one yet though.
I used to love Wendy's spicy chicken. Stopped going there when they changed their fries though. That was years ago though so maybe they figured out how to make fries that don't taste like shit again.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:22 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
Yeah I've been there twice on separate occasions when in St Louis. Very underwhelmed.
Back when things were cheaper, White Castle was the Taco Bell of hamburgers.

Not fancy, but cheap and craveable.

I don't think they're worth full menu price, and they're not worth effort to replicate at home, but a fresh bagful with the fluffy little dinner roll buns and the oniony steamed burger, is a decent snack while out on the town or crawling pubs.

Somebody always makes sure to bring a CraveCase whenever we have trivia nights, and they get scarfed up pretty quick.

They're more snacks or whitetrash hors-d'oeuvres than a meal.
[Reply]
-King- 10:25 PM 08-21-2019
Off of chicken sandwiches, I'm on a diet right now lol but when I reach a certain number in the next couple of weeks I'm going to The Peanut and getting a half dozen box of buffalo wings as my cheat meal. Best wings in KC. I can't fucking wait.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:28 PM 08-21-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
You want bad service, ANY restaurant on biz loop is the way to go. That McDonalds will just flat tell you to **** off. They'll have you park and wait for food so that they can walk outside, hand it to you and take a smoke break.

That said - there's a little old lady with a weird eye at the biz loop popeyes whose just sweet as hell. She's probably about worthless as an employee but she's as friendly as you'll meet and that will get you overlooking a lot of crap.
Is buckingham gone from the bus. Loop? I know they have the south place, but I always liked the other better.

Also, is Hong Kong still on the Loop? We used to hit that for good, questionable quality Chinese.
[Reply]
FAX 10:29 PM 08-21-2019
Biased review. No doubt.

Dude doesn't like mayo and Popeyes triples up on the mayo.

This is like a guy saying he doesn't like Mahomes because he's not a fan of the forward pass.

To make this fair, The Report Of The Week should have asked Popeyes to hold the mayo or cut back on it at the very least. The .6 difference between the sandwiches is clearly mayo dependent.

FAX
[Reply]
Page 5 of 24
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up