ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 247 of 301
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257297 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*** Official 2019 Kansas City Royals Repository ***
Mama Hip Rockets 08:06 AM 03-28-2019
Get the offseason thread out of here. It's on!

Opening day roster:

Catchers (2): Cam Gallagher, Martin Maldonado

Infielders (7): Hunter Dozier, Lucas Duda, Whit Merrifield, Adalberto Mondesi, Ryan O’Hearn, Chris Owings, Frank Schwindel

Outfielders (4): Alex Gordon, Terrance Gore, Billy Hamilton, Jorge Soler

Starting pitchers (3): Jakob Junis, Brad Keller, Jorge Lopez

Relief pitchers (9): Scott Barlow, Brad Boxberger, Jake Diekman, Chris Ellis, Tim Hill, Ian Kennedy, Kevin McCarthy, Wily Peralta, Kyle Zimmer

Injured list: Danny Duffy, Brian Flynn, Jesse Hahn, Salvador Perez

Suspended: Eric Skoglund
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:05 PM 09-13-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The ball is juiced, but pitchers have their own advantage ... Pitchers are using bug spray and similar substances to improve their grip on the ball and allow them to throw crazier, nastier breaking stuff. And no one is calling it out really, even if technically illegal, because everyone wants to be able to do it.
Hmmm, that is interesting. I've known of sweat or tar, but not bug spray. I guess it's be pretty hard to catch.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 11:55 AM 09-14-2019
Lexington wins their championship behind Haake last night. Cox pitches a gem last night and keeps Wilmington alive for the championship game tonight. Lugo on the mound. Despite the struggles of Pratto and Melendez (and Isbel since he's returned), it's good to see these teams playing and winning playoff games. Good experience. The Naturals should be a fun team to follow next summer.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 02:46 PM 09-14-2019
This is random, but for those that have either had kids play high school ball already or those that coach at that level (or are just have the knowledge), what is the high school mean for the BABIP stat? What are the thresholds for unusually high/unlucky and unusually low/lucky? Similarly, where should the FIP sit for a high school pitcher?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:46 PM 09-14-2019
I still really like watching Greinke pitch. He's so good.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 07:46 PM 09-14-2019
Lugo, Snider, Dye and Ratliff combine for the shutout. Wilmington wins their Carolina league championship as well.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 08:43 PM 09-14-2019
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
Lugo, Snider, Dye and Ratliff combine for the shutout. Wilmington wins their Carolina league championship as well.

Developing champions!
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:26 PM 09-14-2019
Lexington wins their championship behind Haake last night. Cox pitches a gem last night and keeps Wilmington alive for the championship game tonight. Lugo on the mound. Despite the struggles of Pratto and Melendez (and Isbel since he's returned), it's good to see these teams playing and winning playoff games. Good experience. The Naturals should be a fun team to follow next summer.
Those guys aren't going to move up, at least not the position players. The pitching there is going to be exciting to watch.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:09 PM 09-14-2019
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Those guys aren't going to move up, at least not the position players. The pitching there is going to be exciting to watch.
For sure. They're not winning because of their offense. I'm excited to see more of their pitching moving up to the Naturals besides just Singer and Kower.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:27 PM 09-14-2019

�� So tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999! ��#LetsRock���� pic.twitter.com/1FUoZ0tF7n

— Wilmington Blue Rocks �� (@WilmBlueRocks) September 15, 2019

[Reply]
dlphg9 11:33 PM 09-14-2019
For sure. They're not winning because of their offense. I'm excited to see more of their pitching moving up to the Naturals besides just Singer and Kower.
Yep pitching is really exciting. Hopefully a couple will pan out. Honestly I'm just hoping one becomes a top of the rotation guy. I know its very hard to find aces, but if one of can become a 2 and then we can get another that's a 3-4 then I'm gonna count that as a major win.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:56 AM 09-15-2019
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Thats unfortunate. So many of our guys had terrible years on that team. They can think that playing like shit leads to winning.
[Reply]
nychief 06:05 AM 09-15-2019
Looking at the Free Agent class coming up... pretty uninspiring, either too expensive or old and broken down.

I think the Royals need to at help at 1b, SP and RP. The available talent is pretty grim.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 12:03 PM 09-15-2019
Originally Posted by nychief:
Looking at the Free Agent class coming up... pretty uninspiring, either too expensive or old and broken down.

I think the Royals need to at help at 1b, SP and RP. The available talent is pretty grim.

If they decide to sign some FAs beyond one-year flyer types, Mike Moustakas makes a lot of sense. Dozier can play 1B (or Moose could) and he’d add LH power to a lineup that suddenly would be pretty interesting:

Merrifield
Mondesi
Dozier
Moustakas
Soler
Perez

There are some solid rotation arms that will be mid-tier in cost (Odorizzi. Gibson, Roark) that could fit as well.

The FA class should actually be pretty good from the pitching side. Cole is the best FA SP in a few years and Strasburg will likely opt out, too.
[Reply]
nychief 07:30 AM 09-16-2019
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If they decide to sign some FAs beyond one-year flyer types, Mike Moustakas makes a lot of sense. Dozier can play 1B (or Moose could) and he’d add LH power to a lineup that suddenly would be pretty interesting:

Merrifield
Mondesi
Dozier
Moustakas
Soler
Perez

There are some solid rotation arms that will be mid-tier in cost (Odorizzi. Gibson, Roark) that could fit as well.

The FA class should actually be pretty good from the pitching side. Cole is the best FA SP in a few years and Strasburg will likely opt out, too.

I'll be curious to see if Sherman wants to "make a splash" ie sign an actual piece his first winter... or if he'll punt and watch another 100 loss season as we wait for the kids to show up.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:03 AM 09-16-2019

ICYMI: The @ifchukars last night clinched their 1st Pioneer League championship since 2013: https://t.co/QfobhSE1DO

— Royal Rundown (@RoyalRundown) September 16, 2019

[Reply]
Page 247 of 301
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257297 > Last »
Up