ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Media Center>Netflix: Mindhunter
Frazod 09:19 PM 10-16-2017
Anybody else watching this? Amazing show. The main characters are based on John Douglas and Robert Ressler, the first FBI agents to gain insight into the minds of serial killers by interviewing them in prison (Douglas was the basis for Scott Glenn's character in Silence of the Lambs). Set in the late 70s. I'm three episodes in and really enjoying it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:55 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Spoiler!
Yeah that last part at the FBI party creeped me out. I thought who would ever do that?
[Reply]
Frazod 02:08 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah that last part at the FBI party creeped me out. I thought who would ever do that?
It was a different time.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:16 PM 09-01-2019
I thought this season was excellent and right on par with its predecessor. Just disappointing it's done. I feel like I want to savor each episode as much as I have any show I've watched in awhile. And my wife who is usually far more critical than I am binged both seasons in three days. Really good stuff.
[Reply]
-King- 06:46 PM 09-01-2019
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
-King- 06:47 PM 09-01-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I thought this season was excellent and right on par with its predecessor. Just disappointing it's done. I feel like I want to savor each episode as much as I have any show I've watched in awhile. And my wife who is usually far more critical than I am binged both seasons in three days. Really good stuff.
Yeah I really liked it too. Was sad when at the end of episode 7 I saw I only had 2 episodes left. I really hope they don't take 2 more years to make season 3.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:30 PM 09-02-2019
Is the Brian storyline really all that interesting, either? They're both character studies. Nancy standing around smoking cigarettes, looking sullen is no more exciting.

I was annoyed by both story lines. Felt contrived. Lesbian can't hold a relationship together, workaholic husband can't maintain a family life...yawn/snooze/ho hum/who gives a fuck?
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:03 PM 09-02-2019
So I watched both seasons. If you get the time, I recommend that approach. There is a lot to keep track of. Especially after 2 years.

In the first season, there was really a lot of great camerawork and blocking that reinforced a lot of storytelling. Really compelling shit. For instance, when they got out of the car at the junkyard with the chick that got her tits cut off, they showed Holden getting out of the car with his shiny shoes stepping in the mud. That showed how they were coming out of the clean abstract and down into the mud. There was also a scene where Bill and Holden were in the elevator after some shit went sideways and they were leaning on their respective sides of the elevator right against the edges of the shot showing how far apart they were. I'm sure there are many more I missed, but it was really really good filmmaking.

The second season wasn't as overt about it, but still well shot.

The second season did a better job of putting actual stakes on their work. The panic attacks were well done. Bill's story line was really well done and well acted. Wendy's situation was well played.

RE: Wendy's relationship. I thought it was an interesting dive, especially after the boss tried to pawn her off on the horndog. That was....fuck man.

RE: Bill's storyline. Yeah, Nancy was fairly cunty through the whole thing, but my god McCallany played that impeccably. Just really an amazing performace. As an extension, almost every scene he's in, he absolutely crushes. When he's on it, He oozes disarming charm, when someone got under his skin, he absolutely shuts fools down. Goddamn, that performance is just incredible. Rewatch it and focus on Tench, it's incredible. In fact, I'm going to start saying, "Of course" when anyone asks for something.

RE: Holden. His shtick kind of wore on me. I haven't figured out if it is entirely intentional or not. Some of it for sure is, but I don't know yet about all of it. I think without Debbie to bounce his ideas off, I think he just came off as weird and brooding. It was probably necessary to come out of the boyish newness, but I think part of what they were going for fell flat.

RE: Manson. Dewey! Dude killed it. It was well written and acted. Is there an actual transcript or video of that one? Christ.

RE: Kemper. That is compelling television. Obviously most of the footage is in Season 1, but my god.

RE: Effect on me. Twisted said he wanted to savor it. I don't. It is compelling television and I wanted to get through it, but some of that shit; Brian's creepiness, talking about raping kids, Kemper describing fucking his mom's neck. Christ. Shit hangs with you, and I needed to purge myself from those ideas.
[Reply]
mcknzAlex 10:35 PM 09-02-2019
I watch a lot of quality mystery and detective shows, but they are all fictional, so at first, I found this disturbing. I soon found it fascinating, though, because it’s historical and so interesting. It’s amazing that these people were able to interview so many different people and put together a whole new way to help solve crimes. Also, I really enjoyed seeing some actors that we haven’t seen before getting a chance to shine. The acting is superb. This show will be especially interesting for anyone who has watched shows with profilers.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 03:17 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
RE: Effect on me. Twisted said he wanted to savor it. I don't. It is compelling television and I wanted to get through it, but some of that shit; Brian's creepiness, talking about raping kids, Kemper describing fucking his mom's neck. Christ. Shit hangs with you, and I needed to purge myself from those ideas.
As Chiefs fans we've been through a lot worse.

Great review/thoughts btw.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:14 AM 09-03-2019
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
As Chiefs fans we've been through a lot worse.

Great review/thoughts btw.
LOL That's fair. It's just heavy ass shit.

Thanks.
[Reply]
notorious 10:52 AM 09-03-2019
They need to write-in an interview with a Chiefs fan.

It would be the darkest, most disturbing data gathered so far.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09-03-2019, 11:26 AM
This message has been deleted by Buehler445. Reason: Dup
Buehler445 09-03-2019, 11:26 AM
This message has been deleted by Buehler445. Reason: Dup
Buehler445 07:51 PM 09-03-2019
Not sure why it deleted both of them. Now I can’t remember what I posted damn it.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 08:46 PM 09-03-2019
I'd legit like to listen to a series of audiobooks narrated by the guy who plays Kemper doing the Kemper voice.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:23 PM 09-04-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
BTK doesn't get arrested for another 24 years.

This show can go on for many seasons. There are a lot of interesting stories to be told.
BTK was one dumb mother****er. We always like to say serial killers are so smart, but most of them are dumb as ****. He couldn't spell worth a shit. His sentence construction was worse than mine. Now that doesn't necessarily mean anything, some people just aren't articulate but how he got caught is just hilarious. He sends in letters and police are like hey man, you should use floppy disk it's easier. He replies and is like you can't trace me with those? Police are like nuh bro we can't. He sends floppy disk that has meta data from his church that traces it right back to him. Police: :-)
[Reply]
Chiefspants 07:28 PM 09-04-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
BTK was one dumb mother****er. We always like to say serial killers are so smart, but most of them are dumb as ****. He couldn't spell worth a shit. His sentence construction was worse than mine. Now that doesn't necessarily mean anything, some people just aren't articulate but how he got caught is just hilarious. He sends in letters and police are like hey man, you should use floppy disk it's easier. He replies and is like you can't trace me with those? Police are like nuh bro we can't. He sends floppy disk that has meta data from his church that traces it right back to him. Police: :-)
Yeah, BTK disproved a lot of stereotypes about serial killer IQ's.

His testimonies were chilling partially because it was always assumed he basically committed these murders and got in and out without a trace - but in a couple of them, he was sloppy as **** and got in literal brawls with his victims.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 13
« First < 678910 111213 >
Up