ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1006 of 2678
« First < 650690695699610021003100410051006 100710081009101010161056110615062006 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:20 AM 09-18-2018
We got the best player in that draft. That's how it will be looked upon in the coming years.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:21 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I think you might have to watch out for Dallas. Mahomes and his dad were big time Cowboy fans until the Chiefs drafted him. Sure as hell looks like Prescott is a game manager and they would probably love a chance to get Mahomes. That’s a wild card that could force the Chiefs to max him out if they want to keep him.
:-)
[Reply]
Best22 09:24 AM 09-18-2018
I think you might have to watch out for Dallas. Mahomes and his dad were big time Cowboy fans until the Chiefs drafted him. Sure as hell looks like Prescott is a game manager and they would probably love a chance to get Mahomes. That’s a wild card that could force the Chiefs to max him out if they want to keep him.
Chiefs would pay max to keep Mahomes

This isn't the MLB

Also, if Mahomes goes to Dallas he'll get sacked and have nobody to throw to except an aging RB called Zeke
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:25 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Also, is there anybody here who would give a shit if we made his entire future contract extension fully guaranteed as a possible way to save some money? It's risky, I know, but I don't think there's any way at this point that he turns into a pumpkin unless he gets hurt.
Would he like weekends with my wife while he's at it?

I'm fully on the 'give him whatever the hell he wants' train.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:26 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Best22:
Chiefs would pay max to keep Mahomes

This isn't the MLB

Also, if Mahomes goes to Dallas he'll get sacked and have nobody to throw to except an aging RB called Zeke
He made Albert Wilson look great. Anyway I am just saying I do not know if the Chiefs can get a discount in this situation. But Mahomes does want to win championships so who knows, maybe he would consider the Brady type discounts.
[Reply]
Simply Red 09:27 AM 09-18-2018
I wouldn't worry about this.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:28 AM 09-18-2018
I think we often overestimate the impact of childhood loyalties with NFL players.

Sometimes it works out that way, yes. But Patrick Mahomes will be a God in this town. And one way or the other, he's our starting quarterback for the next 6 years. We'll unquestionably exercise the 5th year option and even if he doesn't extend, he'll get tagged twice.

So as a 29 yr old, grown-ass man who's been revered by this town for 7 years and has relationships with the coaches, teammates, media and fans - why should I be worried about the fact that he was a Cowboy fan as a kid? I just don't see a chance in hell that ends up being an issue.
[Reply]
Best22 09:28 AM 09-18-2018
He made Albert Wilson look great. Anyway I am just saying I do not know if the Chiefs can get a discount in this situation. But Mahomes does want to win championships so who knows, maybe he would consider the Brady type discounts.
I agree that a discount is unlikely. If Mahomes becomes elite he'll probably be very well compensated

But if the Chiefs failed to retain him, I'd have to find another team to root for

Also, if he has success in Dallas, he's just another Cowboy legend. If he finds huge success in KC, he will be the ultimate Chief
[Reply]
Mecca 09:30 AM 09-18-2018
Aaron Rodgers was a 49ers fan growing up, that stuff is way to overblown.
[Reply]
Best22 09:32 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Aaron Rodgers was a 49ers fan growing up, that stuff is way to overblown.
So was Brady.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:33 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think we often overestimate the impact of childhood loyalties with NFL players.

Sometimes it works out that way, yes. But Patrick Mahomes will be a God in this town. And one way or the other, he's our starting quarterback for the next 6 years. We'll unquestionably exercise the 5th year option and even if he doesn't extend, he'll get tagged twice.

So as a 29 yr old, grown-ass man who's been revered by this town for 7 years and has relationships with the coaches, teammates, media and fans - why should I be worried about the fact that he was a Cowboy fan as a kid? I just don't see a chance in hell that ends up being an issue.
Yeah I think he is extremely grateful to KC for investing all the time and money in him so far. If they want to win big, it’s either gonna require a discount in his next contract or some amazing work by Veach to fix the defense through the Draft.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:37 AM 09-18-2018
Dallas is an hour jet ride from Kansas City. He can go down there anytime he wants.
[Reply]
FAX 09:42 AM 09-18-2018
Leigh Steinberg gave a nice interview the other day (you can find it on UToob) ...

One of the most interesting topics he discussed was the work they put in before the combine and the draft and the "qualities" they were looking for in the destination team. If you take his comments at face value (which I do), KC was the absolute perfect place for Mahomes and Steinberg's first choice.

Mahomes would have gone anywhere he was drafted, obviously, but KC appeared to be targeted.

Fascinating guy, that Steinberg.

FAX
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:46 AM 09-18-2018
KC is currently #1 in red zone offense. The place where we expected Mahomes to give us the most improvement in year one.
[Reply]
DRM08 09:48 AM 09-18-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
Leigh Steinberg gave a nice interview the other day (you can find it on UToob) ...

One of the most interesting topics he discussed was the work they put in before the combine and the draft and the "qualities" they were looking for in the destination team. If you take his comments at face value (which I do), KC was the absolute perfect place for Mahomes and Steinberg's first choice.

Mahomes would have gone anywhere he was drafted, obviously, but KC appeared to be targeted.

Fascinating guy, that Steinberg.

FAX
He was very lucky to avoid Cleveland/Buffalo, etc. Andy Reid, Matt Nagy, Kafka, Alex. Really great group of people for Mahomes to learn and grow into a pro QB.
[Reply]
Page 1006 of 2678
« First < 650690695699610021003100410051006 100710081009101010161056110615062006 > Last »
Up