ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Media Center>Fox: The X-Files
keg in kc 05:07 PM 01-17-2015
Seem like I'm about 23 years behind on this one?

(Jesus, 23 years?!)

Apparently not. Fox is in talks with Chris Carter to bring it back, including having David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprise Scully and Mulder. Nothing creative yet, just seeing how schedules line up, but still...

Also having (unrelated of course) talks about bringing back Prison Break and running a Kiefer-free version of 24 (not sure how that would work; he was that snow).
[Reply]
007 05:03 PM 02-02-2016
Gillian is damn hot though. Talk about getting better with age.
[Reply]
chiefs1111 05:10 PM 02-02-2016
http://zap2it.com/2016/02/fox-wants-...s-i-dont-know/

Interview will Gillian Anderson. Hope they could work something out.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 05:22 PM 02-02-2016
Next week looks like a true MOTW episode. I really think this will have a chance to really show how close they can get to the old shows feel.

3rd episode had the highest viewership of the night for any show, with 8.6 million. For reference "Gotham" for Fox in the same time slot was getting half of that.

Here is a link to it breaking world-wide ratings records.
http://screenrant.com/x-files-revival-ratings-records/
[Reply]
mr. tegu 06:44 PM 02-02-2016
I really liked Mulder's little crisis of beliefs and philosophies.

"I had an insatiable urge the to get a job. Then I had this urge to quit the job." :-)
[Reply]
noa 07:27 PM 02-02-2016
I loved the episode. Watched it with my wife and her family, we were all cracking up throughout. Glad to see Kumail Nanjiani got a spot on the show, didn't know that was lined up.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 07:46 PM 02-02-2016
Anybody else pick up on the lizard man dressing like Carl Kolchak?
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 10:21 AM 02-03-2016
Bizarre episode. Laughed throughout.
[Reply]
Fish 10:29 AM 02-03-2016
That was hilariously weird... Seemed like they were almost poking fun at their original "Monster of the Week" concept. I really liked it. Rhys Darby put on one helluva performance, and completely stole the spotlight.

Scully is so very hot.................
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:05 AM 02-05-2016
Now that was a good episode. Was representative of a lot of what I liked about the X-Files in its original run.
[Reply]
Jamie 06:47 AM 02-05-2016
Has anyone else felt like the new episodes have been a little flat and tv-looking? I haven't seen the show since it originally aired, but I remember it being more cinematic.
[Reply]
notorious 08:17 AM 02-05-2016
:-)

They have to do another season. That was classic.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:40 AM 02-05-2016
Originally Posted by Jamie:
Has anyone else felt like the new episodes have been a little flat and tv-looking? I haven't seen the show since it originally aired, but I remember it being more cinematic.
I've been a fan since the day it premiered back in '93 but I don't think I've ever considered it cinematic in any way. They did have some lavish sets (the life size sub breaking through the ice comes to mind) but it was always squarely on the tv side of the entertainment equation, the first movie aside of course. Doesn't help that it was in standard definition back in the day, either; it didn't have the screen area or the resolution to be all that cinematic...

Haven't really felt anything 'off' about the new visuals so far.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:03 PM 02-05-2016
Originally Posted by Jamie:
The first few seasons look pretty bad. Washed out, standard def, 4:3. The DVD's are nearly unwatchable.

After about 1998 or so, the colors were much better and deeper but I think that has more to do with Post Production. I remember a time when Da Vince cost $1 million dollars. Now, everyone has it as a plugin on their Avid rig.

The new episodes look fine to me.
[Reply]
jimidollar 01:30 PM 02-05-2016
Episode three was defintely classic X-Files! I watched it twice.
[Reply]
Jamie 02:04 PM 02-05-2016
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I've been a fan since the day it premiered back in '93 but I don't think I've ever considered it cinematic in any way. They did have some lavish sets (the life size sub breaking through the ice comes to mind) but it was always squarely on the tv side of the entertainment equation, the first movie aside of course. Doesn't help that it was in standard definition back in the day, either; it didn't have the screen area or the resolution to be all that cinematic...

Haven't really felt anything 'off' about the new visuals so far.
I mean more in terms of lighting and use of shadow than the scope. Maybe 'cinematic' isn't the right word.

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The first few seasons look pretty bad. Washed out, standard def, 4:3. The DVD's are nearly unwatchable.

After about 1998 or so, the colors were much better and deeper but I think that has more to do with Post Production. I remember a time when Da Vince cost $1 million dollars. Now, everyone has it as a plugin on their Avid rig.

The new episodes look fine to me.
I don't know, that SD shittiness might be what I'm missing. The X-Files in my memory had a drab moodiness that the new episodes don't. I have liked them overall though (even the first one).
[Reply]
Page 11 of 17
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up