ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode IX - SPOILER THREAD
DaneMcCloud 09:46 PM 12-17-2019
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker had its premiere last night at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. Non-Spoiler reviews and Twitter mentions are trickling out and they're overwhelmingly positive.

I'll be seeing the film Thursday night, 6:30pm PST but I'm not sure if I'll have time to post because we're traveling for the holidays, leaving at 4am the next morning. If I can't post Thursday evening, I'll get to it at some point over the weekend, maybe after I've seen it a second time.

It's a Spoiler thread but let's try to keep the real spoilery stuff in the Spoiler Tags through the weekend, just so we don't ruin the movie for someone that accidentally clicks on the thread.

Let's hear it! :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:36 PM 01-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
KK brought in Jack Thorne to polish the script after firing Trevorrow but dumped that version as well, once JJ agreed to write and direct IX. There's no going back now but at the very least, Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connelly wrote a cohesive story that aligned well with TFA & TLJ. Again, I don't know how well it would have been received but it *seems* like a better story in which to conclude the saga.

Really, the bottom line is this: If KK was hell bent on creating a new trilogy with a new cast of characters, the sequels shouldn't have been sequels at all. They should have been new, standalone movies set in the distant future. That way, "proper" stories about Han, Luke & Leia could have been told by either recasting or creating an entirely new storyline for them.

There's no way to do that now...
That’s a better way to say what I came in here to say.

I think with the production quality they had that story would work well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:44 PM 01-16-2020
LOL

"fuck it, let marvel do it"

Taika Waititi has been approached to direct a 'Star Wars' film

(via @THR) pic.twitter.com/jarNnKgXo9

— Star Wars Facts (@SWTweets) January 16, 2020

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:31 PM 01-17-2020
Wow.

That treatment is so much better.

There's some rough edges that need smoothing - that Sollony character sucks - but lots of great stuff in there - probably just need to roll any bad guys who threaten rey besides kylo into the knights of ren, makes them more of a threat, too

It's actually plausible that the First Order would lose because they're spread too thin - as an inverse of "the more you tighten your grip, the more star systems will slip through your fingers

and rey raising the falcon at the end of the movie?

lando having a character arc?

starting the movie with a heist sequence of old imperial tech?

finn rallying other former troopers?

holy fuck, so much better

kathleen kennedy and bob iger are assclowns
[Reply]
listopencil 12:44 AM 01-18-2020
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Ridley is flat as an ironing board isn't she?

She's a small girl with small boobs. She played a half naked corpse on a slab in something. Some TV show or some movie. If you search for her name and boobs or tits then you'll see them.
[Reply]
Setsuna 08:23 PM 01-22-2020
Originally Posted by listopencil:
She's a small girl with small boobs. She played a half naked corpse on a slab in something. Some TV show or some movie. If you search for her name and boobs or tits then you'll see them.
Water is wet. She's flat. I never said she was unattractive nor a girl. Why you felt the need to add on to what I said I don't know. :-)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:43 AM 01-24-2020

@colintrevorrow
I along with every outspoken Star Wars fan need to know this, is the concept art that was released accurate? Or were those false? Like Kylo and Vader in the cave? Or R2 dying? e.t.c
I really need an answer lol. pic.twitter.com/O2zWIWu3yI

— Jake 🙏 (@JeromeJT3) January 24, 2020

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:44 PM 01-24-2020

Yes, this is from Duel of the Fates. But I’d never kill R2...he just took a bad hit. Happens to all of us. https://t.co/ekGMRUdV2g

— Colin Trevorrow (@colintrevorrow) January 24, 2020

[Reply]
Prison Bitch 11:20 AM 01-26-2020
Went to it again last nite. This was a good movie, I really don’t get the hate. TLJ sucked. The prequels sucked. Obv. But both JJ movies were good.

Frankly the last 30 min of this movie had more action than any Star Wars movie ever has.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:15 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Went to it again last nite. This was a good movie, I really don’t get the hate. TLJ sucked. The prequels sucked. Obv. But both JJ movies were good.

Frankly the last 30 min of this movie had more action than any Star Wars movie ever has.
Was planning on seeing it again after Dane said it was way more enjoyable the second go around when you aren't trying to absorb every second of the movie and can just kick back and watch. Hearing you say this as well makes up my mind for me.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 06:42 PM 01-26-2020
Dane’s takes on this have been spot on. I say he won the thread.

(“Oh shit” - Dane)
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:01 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
I'm just saying that parenting isn't a common trait among Sith. They're typically very selfish and cruel, obsessing over power and distrustful of everyone. Not a lot of family tales involving Sith.
At the time of this discussion, I couldn't remember the source but I was reminded this morning. I know that most people don't read the Star Wars comics but they are/were part of canon:

https://makingstarwars.net/2020/02/p...ins-backstory/

In the Darth Plagueis novel from around that time it was inferred that she could be a problem for Darth Sidious. After the show was canceled, one of the last Dark Horse Star Wars comics Son of Dathomir hinted at some of this story. In the third issue, Talzin reveals that Sidious betrayed her and that Maul is in fact her son.

Long ago, Sidious came to me on Dathomir. We exchanged secret wisdom–mingled Dark Side abilities with Nightsister magicks.

He promised to make me his right hand, but instead he stole what was most dear to me… My own flesh and blood. My son!

---

Of course, this reveal doesn't make RoS any better (or any worse, for that matter) but it does show that Sith and Dark Siders did have affection for their offspring.
[Reply]
Fish 01:14 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
At the time of this discussion, I couldn't remember the source but I was reminded this morning. I know that most people don't read the Star Wars comics but they are/were part of canon:

https://makingstarwars.net/2020/02/p...ins-backstory/

In the Darth Plagueis novel from around that time it was inferred that she could be a problem for Darth Sidious. After the show was canceled, one of the last Dark Horse Star Wars comics Son of Dathomir hinted at some of this story. In the third issue, Talzin reveals that Sidious betrayed her and that Maul is in fact her son.

Long ago, Sidious came to me on Dathomir. We exchanged secret wisdom–mingled Dark Side abilities with Nightsister magicks.

He promised to make me his right hand, but instead he stole what was most dear to me… My own flesh and blood. My son!

---

Of course, this reveal doesn't make RoS any better (or any worse, for that matter) but it does show that Sith and Dark Siders did have affection for their offspring.
We already discussed this. Talzin was a Nightsister when she had kids. She initially fought against the Sith. That's not an example of Sith parenting.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:28 PM 02-15-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
We already discussed this. Talzin was a Nightsister when she had kids. She initially fought against the Sith. That's not an example of Sith parenting.
She clearly stated that they shared Dark Side Magic and that he promised to make her his Right Hand but instead, stole her child.

I don't think there's a huge difference between Dark Side Force Users and Sith in terms of their quest for power, so we'll just agree to disagree.

I would also imagine that future Star Wars properties will explore these types of relationships, making this tiny plot point moot.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:02 PM 02-21-2020

[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 03:37 AM 02-24-2020
not as good as the previous Star Wars/next to last movie.
Rogue one was better than both.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 38
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up