ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Media Center>Top 10 favorite films of the 2010s?
sully1983 09:51 PM 12-09-2019
Here's mine ....

1. Drive
2. The Social Network
3. Hell or High Water
4. Mad Max: Fury Road
5. Blade Runner 2049
6. Killer Joe
7. Wind River
8. Gone Girl
9. Blue Ruin
10. Black Swan

(honorable mention : Killing Them Softly )
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:38 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Surprised nobody mentioned No Country for Old Men. I don't see many movies but I've seen that one more than once. Damn good.
That’s over 10 years old iirc

To add my own to the op, let’s go with Shia Labeouf and Tom Hardy in Lawless from 2012... super underrated moonshiner yarn
[Reply]
vailpass 08:53 PM 12-14-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
That’s over 10 years old iirc

To add my own to the op, let’s go with Shia Labeouf and Tom Hardy in Lawless from 2012... super underrated moonshiner yarn
Ah, didn't know that. Thank you.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:09 PM 12-14-2019
Ah, didn't know that. Thank you.
Just glad I could be that dick who corrects random trivia :-)

At your service, guvnah!
[Reply]
vailpass 10:26 PM 12-14-2019
Just glad I could be that dick who corrects random trivia :-)

At your service, guvnah!
:-)
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 01:28 PM 12-16-2019
Surprised nobody mentioned No Country for Old Men. I don't see many movies but I've seen that one more than once. Damn good.
Yeah, that would definitely be at the top of my list if it came out this decade. One of my all-time favorite movies.
[Reply]
scho63 05:08 PM 12-16-2019
Originally Posted by kc rush:
I haven't seen everything out there, so I'm sure there there are plenty of movies that should be here that I missed. I still need to see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

These are in no order other than Blade Runner 2049 which has become one of my favorite films ever.

Blade Runner 2049
Mad Max Fury Road
Avengers Infinity War
Logan
Guardians of the Galaxy
Skyfall
Gravity
Arrival
Dunkirk
Moonrise Kingdom
Baby Driver
Hell or High Water

I loved this movie and one of Wes Anderson's best works. Highly underrated and a fantastic cast. :-)

[Reply]
DeepPurple 05:26 PM 12-16-2019
kc rush was also the first to list Arrival. I saw that in the theater and recorded on HBO and watched it a couple of more times. That's a really deep movie and Amy Adams is very easy on the eyes. I really liked that the aliens were not some creature, but really something with many levels. That movie I don't believe a lot of people will get it the first time, that Amy could see into the future and that's why she was chosen.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:37 PM 12-16-2019
I’m inclined to add the first Star Trek reboot, that was good solid popcorn fare with heart
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:10 PM 12-16-2019
I’m inclined to add the first Star Trek reboot, that was good solid popcorn fare with heart
Good movie. Not part of the 2010s
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:55 AM 12-17-2019
Good topic, but I need a list of movies released in the 2010s. I don't watch many movies, and I usually don't see them in their first run, so I never know when they came out.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:01 AM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That is because it's a children's movie.
I didn't know Martin Scorsese was on this board.
[Reply]
heapshake 04:26 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
That movie I don't believe a lot of people will get it the first time, that Amy could see into the future and that's why she was chosen.
My understanding is that the reason she could see into the future was because she learned the alien "language" which allows her to view time non-linearly. I didn't think she could see into the future before encountering the aliens.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:08 PM 12-18-2019
I'm not necessarily itching for a debate/discussion, but I am curious if I'm the only person who's seen Parasite?
[Reply]
DeepPurple 03:30 PM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by heapshake:
My understanding is that the reason she could see into the future was because she learned the alien "language" which allows her to view time non-linearly. I didn't think she could see into the future before encountering the aliens.
When Amy Adams flashed back to a party a year before with the Chinese Ambassador and she whispered something that she heard in present, that's when it got confusing and I'm not even sure I have it in the right order. It's been a couple of years, but she said whatever, he then listened to her and called off the strike against the Aliens in the present day. It was mind blowing to me.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:24 AM 12-19-2019
No particular order:

Spotlight
Bridesmaids
Inception
Fury
Wolf of Wall Street
Sicario
Django Unchained
The Revenant
Gravity