ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 41
« First < 303637383940 41 >
Media Center>Madden 20
Hammock Parties 07:36 PM 05-02-2019
Available on the PC again! Maybe I'll actually play it this year.

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/...e-of-franchise

Originally Posted by :
PREPARING FOR THE PROS

When talking and listening to players, we kept hearing that being a star of their own football story would be fantastic. With that in mind, we crafted Face of the Franchise: QB1, where the story is not only about you, but one where the choices you make matter.

It kicks off with creating yourself as a quarterback – even using “face editing” to get an improved likeness. Once you have your player, you begin in college, choosing from top schools to attend, then competing for a national championship in the college football playoffs. Be the BMOC and take home the title, but bring your A-game, because your performance in college – just like on the real collegiate gridiron – has an impact on your capabilities and your draft stock.

The NFL draft doesn’t just happen, though – the combine comes first. Ever-increasing in importance and scrutinization, the combine is a key part of the process. And here, if you want your stock to soar, you’ll need to focus on every rep and decision you make to keep your name rising on draft boards. Where will you get picked, and where will your NFL career start? You’ll find out on draft day!

IN THE LEAGUE

No matter where you get drafted – from first round to last – once a team picks you, you’re going to have to show you belong playing with the pros. Whether you’re a first-rounder who needs to prove you were the perfect high pick, or a seventh-rounder busting your ass to make the roster, if you want success you have to work hard and make each opportunity count.

In the NFL, start building your legacy and taking your franchise to winning seasons, expanding your legend with each snap. It’s not about the cash your contracts rack up, but about how many Super Bowls you win as your legend grows. Give your all – and have fun – as you play your way into memorable moments. When you celebrate your career at the end, will you be remembered among the greats, placed alongside them in the Hall of Fame?

As you live your superstar story, Madden’s new Scenario Engine generates personalized playable scenarios, events, and dynamic challenges that tell the tale of a unique NFL career. Adding to it, in Face of the Franchise: QB1, like in Franchise mode, you choose your Archetype: Strong Arm, Scrambler, Improviser, Field General. Superstar abilities are tied to the Archetype you pick. Levelling up your archetypes unlocks different abilities.

It’s time for you to take your place as the face of the franchise.

OTHER MADDEN FRANCHISE IMPROVEMENTS

While we heard fan feedback for a superstar experience, we also dove deep into the forums and reddit and worked with Gamechangers to round out Franchise mode in other ways, too. With that, here are a few more things to get you ready to break the huddle.

Pro Bowl Returns to Madden NFL 20

The first thing you’ll see while Madden NFL 20 sets up is the Pro Bowl. You can play the pro bowl while the game installs, and you will also have the opportunity to qualify for the Pro Bowl during your Franchise seasons. It’s another opportunity to gain valuable experience and add to your Legacy.

Ratings Spread

We’ve adjusted the range of ratings that you’ll see on players. What does this mean? As examples:

The ratings difference between a 90 OVR player and an 89 OVR player is now larger

Each skill point you spend will be more impactful, and you can earn more skill points over the course of a career

In some cases, you will now see a starter with an OVR in the mid-50s.

New Scenarios

We’ve added an all-new in-game system that generates personalized playable scenarios featuring interactions with characters via a variety of ways including branching dialogue, dynamic events that reflect your performance and choices, challenges that build the story of your unique NFL career (from the moment you sign your rookie contract to you Hall of Fame induction), and more.

Development Traits

We’ve made large updates to our Development Trait system to support Superstar and Zone abilities. The Development Traits in Madden 20 are: Normal, Star, Superstar, and Superstar X-Factor. Both Superstar and X-Factors players can earn Superstar Abilities, but only X-Factors can earn Zone Abilities. We’ve also addressed one of the communities’ biggest complaints: players dropping down in Development Trait. In Madden 20, players can no longer go down in Development Trait at the end of a season.

Coach Mode

Coach mode is also getting scenarios. And the changes to Development Traits have a big impact on Coach mode. Coaches will want to build up their teams with Superstars and X-Factor Superstars via Trades, free agency, and the draft. We’ve also added an overhauled lineup UI to make Franchise mode even smoother.

Contract Updates

We’ve taken a meticulous pass on existing player contracts to ensure they match the NFL. This will not only be more authentic, but it will also make managing your roster’s cap space more realistic.

Progression Updates

We’ve overhauled our progression tuning, including making changes to XP gains from weekly training, actions on the field, and goal completion. These changes should ultimately lead to users being able to increase the OVR of more players on their team meaning they have more option in how to develop their roster.

Draft Updates

We’ve taken a full pass on our Rookie Generators. People familiar with draft classes from the past few years are in for some new surprises, from names, to bodies, to ratings, and more.

One more draft surprise is that rookies with a Superstar Development or higher trait will have their development trait hidden until they’ve played through at least half of a season. These players have their abilities hidden until you reveal their Development Trait. This means that if you draft either a Superstar or an X-Factor Superstar you won’t know exactly what you’ve drafted until later in a season – use your preseason wisely.

Gameplay Effects Updated

We’ve implemented a ton of changes, like Throw Power overhauls to change QB trajectories. But that’s just one example! Tune in to our gameplay stream on 5/23 for more of the inside scoop on additions and changes you’ll find in Madden NFL 20.

[Reply]
Sorry 05:44 PM 01-22-2020
Still has mechanics that should’ve been fixed. Like the dB going in motion before the WR does is annoying and screams scripted. A safety staring at a ball hover over him when it’s intercept-able
[Reply]
Easy 6 06:00 PM 01-22-2020
I’ve had enough of never catching contested deep throws, even with elite receivers

It doesn’t seem to matter how much I pop the highlight stick and mash the triangle button... the result is always the same

It’s also been pissing me off that this mfer will NEVER give me a good old blowout on anything other than rookie mode... EVERY fucking game is a nailbiter, I sure hope next years version is better
[Reply]
Sorry 01:48 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I’ve had enough of never catching contested deep throws, even with elite receivers

It doesn’t seem to matter how much I pop the highlight stick and mash the triangle button... the result is always the same

It’s also been pissing me off that this mfer will NEVER give me a good old blowout on anything other than rookie mode... EVERY fucking game is a nailbiter, I sure hope next years version is better
Yes! Got damn. Don’t even get me started on fumbles (yes I’ve decreased it heavily). Or as you alluded, the recover never makes a play for the balk when it’s thrown deep - just lets the cpu automatically have first grabs
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:56 PM 01-25-2020
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Yes! Got damn. Don’t even get me started on fumbles (yes I’ve decreased it heavily). Or as you alluded, the recover never makes a play for the balk when it’s thrown deep - just lets the cpu automatically have first grabs
You can (usually) avoid fumbles by holding down Right 1 before contact

But yeah, this years version has really pissed me off

Winning on anything other than rookie mode is tough as hell, but 7-8 years ago I was whipping All Madden mode constantly... they've really made it a lot tougher

I wonder if anyone else here has the same complaint of contested throws down the field...
[Reply]
Sorry 07:46 PM 01-25-2020
You can (usually) avoid fumbles by holding down Right 1 before contact

But yeah, this years version has really pissed me off

Winning on anything other than rookie mode is tough as hell, but 7-8 years ago I was whipping All Madden mode constantly... they've really made it a lot tougher

I wonder if anyone else here has the same complaint of contested throws down the field...
I wonder how madden will play on next gen. It’s just so stupid when throwing contested balls. Not to mention the fucking guy is wide open and I hit him in stride and then a dB flies in like a middle and dislodges it. I press a for possession catch but it still gets knocked out at an extremely high rate
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:44 PM 01-25-2020
Some of your complaints are legitimate bullshit. They're wonky CPU bs the AI uses to level the playing field.

.. but I will say, if you're playing competitive games on rookie setting then you just don't have a lot of skill. That's not a knock on you so don't take it that way.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:02 PM 01-26-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Some of your complaints are legitimate bullshit. They're wonky CPU bs the AI uses to level the playing field.

.. but I will say, if you're playing competitive games on rookie setting then you just don't have a lot of skill. That's not a knock on you so don't take it that way.
My problem is that games on rookie aren’t even close to competitive, it’s way too easy... I want competition and realism

So I go to pro and MAYBE win one out of ten, it crazy

Used to play religiously from late 90s up to around 2014-15, and never had a problem progressing through the levels, to the point I’d be winning more than losing on All Madden in short order

It didn’t used to be this difficult to master each years differences and quirks
[Reply]
The Franchise 05:14 PM 01-26-2020
It’s common knowledge that the game fucks you on the All Madden difficulty.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:23 PM 01-26-2020
Yep. Waste of time to play. Find some sliders to make All Pro more difficult if it's not enough of a challenge for you.
[Reply]
thabear04 04:44 PM 02-10-2020

Coming soon to #Madden20...

Jet Chip Wasp �� https://t.co/iRuVDbAf0z pic.twitter.com/agyYuRlZ4R

— Madden NFL 20 (@EAMaddenNFL) February 7, 2020

[Reply]
Easy 6 05:02 PM 02-10-2020
Awesome, looking forward to it
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:14 PM 02-10-2020
My problem is that games on rookie aren’t even close to competitive, it’s way too easy... I want competition and realism

So I go to pro and MAYBE win one out of ten, it crazy

Used to play religiously from late 90s up to around 2014-15, and never had a problem progressing through the levels, to the point I’d be winning more than losing on All Madden in short order

It didn’t used to be this difficult to master each years differences and quirks
Sliders are going to be your friend, then. When I first picked up 20 I started on All-Pro and just kept adjusting sliders after every few games. Like, one of my issues was that the CPU OL always played like they were 99 OVR across the board. So I reduced the CPU run blocking. I reduced the CPU tackle breaking as well because there's nothing more frustrating than watching three defenders miss tackles on the same play. On the other side of the ball I found it a bit too easy to carve up the AI, so I increased the CPU reaction pass defense and interceptions.

Once I found something that worked for me I was getting pretty realistic seasons. Then after playing online for a bit and learning more I bumped it up to All-Madden.

Don't discredit the effect of the bold either though. I played Madden my whole life. It culminated back in 06. I probably played half a thousand games that year and only lost 5 times. Then I stopped playing video games altogether until about 2012 when I picked up that year's Madden and couldn't beat any of my friends for shit. Even now, we had a league of CP guy's a couple years ago and I was one of the worst ones in it. My skills still haven't fully recovered. The game's changed a lot.
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:24 PM 05-28-2020
Madden gets to continue its bullshit game into the future. They signed an extension with the NFL for exclusive rights.....$1.6 billion.

Fuck EA.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:25 PM 05-28-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Madden gets to continue its bullshit game into the future. They signed an extension with the NFL for exclusive rights.....$1.6 billion.

**** EA.
That blows but a game like Super Mega Baseball 3 proves you don't need the sports license to make the best game in it's genre. Need to get Metalhead studios on A football game.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:29 PM 05-28-2020
NFL cares about money...and everyone plays MUT now so nothing will change.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 41
« First < 303637383940 41 >
Up