Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Media Center>Joker - Warner Bros. movie
Sure-Oz 08:45 AM 04-03-2019
New teaser....I'm intrigued

https://youtu.be/t433PEQGErc
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:26 PM 10-01-2019
Cdot apparently went to a screening tonight.

@cdotharrison: They had a cop outside and wanded us before we came into the screening. This better be flames. https://twitter.com/cdotharrison/sta...436161/photo/1

@cdotharrison: Joker was the best movie I’ve seen since Wolf Of Wall Street. Joaquin Phoenix was as good as Heath Ledger but in a very different way. Instant classic. Go see it.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:27 PM 10-01-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Is Ewan McGregor supposed to be the Joker? That trailer didn’t make any sense.
Black Mask who's great in the comics. This looks good.
[Reply]
Sorry 03:48 PM 10-02-2019
Originally Posted by Bump:
Moron, I'm not the one that brought it up. Go to twitter or reddit, you can post all of your idiocy there and nobody is allowed to respond!
Shut the fuck up
[Reply]
Bump 03:16 PM 10-03-2019
Originally Posted by Sorry:
Shut the **** up
no u
[Reply]
sully1983 08:08 PM 10-03-2019
Just got back from it. It was a damn good movie imo. Phoenix put his own stamp on the Joker character and I literally couldn't take my eyes off him. Intense, awkward and down right scary at times to watch. He is such an enigma.
[Reply]
Sorry 01:12 AM 10-04-2019
Honestly this is how DC should've always approached their characters. What a freaking film!! Phoenix is the best joker for me hands down IMO. What an actor.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:00 AM 10-04-2019
I thought this movie was going to be Oscar bait but it's kind of the opposite. Audiences absolutely love it so far, and critics are lukewarm (even though 68% on RT is nothing to sneeze at - the audience score is super high on this one)
[Reply]
Sorry 12:16 PM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I thought this movie was going to be Oscar bait but it's kind of the opposite. Audiences absolutely love it so far, and critics are lukewarm (even though 68% on RT is nothing to sneeze at - the audience score is super high on this one)
Critics are idiots then. Crazy crazy performance
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:43 PM 10-04-2019
Fantastic movie. A great stand alone film. Not a super hero movie. So don’t expect that type of movie. It’s kind of slow at times but it’s neccessary to show the depth of emotions within the Joker and the transformation into the menace and madness.

Very human take. No cartoon BS here. Raw emotions. Phoenix’s performance will not only win the Oscar but live longer than you and me. Truly legendary. You can’t take your eyes off the guy. So many levels and he goes there on each one. Close ups where you have to bring it, no cheating the screen with lighting or other distractions. and he nails it.
[Reply]
Sorry 05:05 PM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Fantastic movie. A great stand alone film. Not a super hero movie. So don’t expect that type of movie. It’s kind of slow at times but it’s neccessary to show the depth of emotions within the Joker and the transformation into the menace and madness.

Very human take. No cartoon BS here. Raw emotions. Phoenix’s performance will not only win the Oscar but live longer than you and me. Truly legendary. You can’t take your eyes off the guy. So many levels and he goes there on each one. Close ups where you have to bring it, no cheating the screen with lighting or other distractions. and he nails it.

Honestly, with clever writing they could dive deeper into the mystical things that make up the cartoons, I feel this is what a DC film should be as opposed to marvel..has the dark noir vibe. I would love to see him evolve into fighting Batman but it'll never happen
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 08:32 AM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Truly an outstanding flick. I can hardly wait to see it again.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:24 AM 10-05-2019
Fucking awesome. One of the most satisfying movies I’ve seen in years. Exactly what I was hoping for.
[Reply]
Otter 12:08 PM 10-05-2019
I haven't seen this movie yet but I've read reviews and from what I'm reading it seems "Joker" may have a slow burn decent into madness. How would you compare the tone of this move to Kubrick's "The Shining"?

The Shining is one of my top 3 movies of all time. I'm just wondering how you would compare the tone "Joker" uses to tell its story parallels to "The Shining".

Going to see it on Thursday so no spoilers please.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 01:35 PM 10-05-2019
And for Chiefs fans, the movie even had a little Gary Glitter to really set the mood.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:01 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Truly an outstanding flick. I can hardly wait to see it again.
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
****ing awesome. One of the most satisfying movies I’ve seen in years. Exactly what I was hoping for.
I know. You see the trailer. Get excited. Others get excited. Hype starts. And the ****ing movie still delivers more than anticipated. It’s a rarity these days. :-)
[Reply]
Page 8 of 19
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up