ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 101
« First < 49899596979899 100101 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2018-19 NHL Season Thread***
Gadzooks 02:44 PM 10-03-2018
The puck drops tonight!!!

Originally Posted by DaFace:
Join My League in the 2019 NHL Bracket Contest!

1. Create a bracket here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/
2. Copy your secret edit link, and then paste it here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/join/c7vjprb3

You can check out the league members & results here:
https://cliambrown.com/bracket2019/league/r4sb7

[Reply]
Bearcat 09:12 AM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Technically you're only #10 of 13 (it only shows 10 per page for some reason). :-)

Fire Blake (whoever that is) should get a prize for getting zero points despite filling out a full bracket. He somehow managed to pick every series wrong in the first round.
I might have been pretty close to doing that, except I wouldn't have picked the Leafs over Bruins or Knights over Sharks.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:44 AM 06-13-2019
Run the contest again next season and I'm in.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 09:53 AM 06-13-2019
I can't believe I finished fourth. That's got to be the shittiest fourth in the history of challenges like that.

Everybody who finished behind me should be ashamed of yourselves.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:57 AM 06-13-2019

The 41.8 rating in St. Louis for @StLouisBlues @NHLBruins exceeded the market’s rating for Super Bowl LIII (2019), which delivered a 39.8 rating for Rams-Patriots. The Rams played in St. Louis from 1995-2015.

— NBC Sports PR (@NBCSportsPR) June 13, 2019

https://t.co/VfiZdyRuus pic.twitter.com/cGlq89DPrH

— YP�� (@YoungPageviews) June 13, 2019

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:33 AM 06-13-2019
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1139...863975426?s=19

These stories about the experience they gave Laila are so damn pure. Classy move by the blues.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:48 AM 06-13-2019
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
https://twitter.com/espn/status/1139...863975426?s=19

These stories about the experience they gave Laila are so damn pure. Classy move by the blues.
Yes, yes it was/is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:03 AM 06-14-2019
And now it's official:

Here's the #stlblues winning their first Stanley Cup in franchise history set to "My Heart Will Go On". pic.twitter.com/PvK5nKomoD

— Thomas Welch (@twelcher15) June 13, 2019

Hockey fans are ridiculously superstitious so I've done my level best to (mostly) stay out of this thread since we were winning when I wasn't in it. But now that's it's done, short of the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl, this would be the most amazing sports experience of my lifetime. Even the Cards winning the World Series isn't the same because it's just not the Cup. It truly is the most difficult trophy in sports; an agonizing 2 month long slog with guys just beating the holy shit out of each other for weeks at a time.

And for this team to do it after what Mike !@#$ing Yeo nearly did to them is truly remarkable. And there are stories EVERYWHERE. Jaden's sister, RoR, Tarasenko's maturation, Petro and his wife (truly incredible people), Parayko turning into a Norris winner, Bouwmeester getting healthy, Binnington existing, Steen humbling himself, Schenn being acquired for a draft pick and a drug dealer, Perron being on his 3rd go, Sanford's re-emergence after his dad died, Sunny and Barbashev emerging from nowhere, Maroon the hometown kid, Berube's interim tag, Gunner at the pisser.

On and on and on this team has been a rush. And now they're going down to OB Clark's in STL and literally passing the Stanley !@#$ing Cup through the crowd. Brett Hull's favorite chinchilla has just been chilling in it. Binnington's getting cuffs put on him by STL PD for 'stealing game 7' and the Captain is just out there hugging randos.

It's so surreal and just so fucking cool. We'll never forget this team. For the rest of my natural born life I'll associate 27 with Petro instead of Rolen. Schenn owns 10 now (sorry Dallas Drake) and Mayers lost his 21 to Tyler Bozak. Hell, I see a #18 clown jersey and I think "why does someone have a Keenan Era jersey with Rob Thomas on the back?" and don't even think about Tony Twist.

What a rush this squad has been and as Blues fans we couldn't have asked for anything more. Especially not after seeing Marchand cry like a little fucking girl. Inject this shit directly into my veins boys...
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:47 AM 06-14-2019
I gotta admit, I'm still riding a high from this cup win.

Wow, just WOW!!!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 10:07 AM 06-14-2019
Jesus Christ, if I ever quit drinking the cumulative hangover might kill me.

Yesterday at OB Clark's was a fucking blast. Maroon still hadn't changed out of his suit from the flight and was completely smashed at 11am. ROR had the Conn Smythe with him, and the Cup finally showed up around 4 and left to head to Clayton on the Park around 9-ish.

These guys are gonna give Ovi a run for his money in the celebration department.
[Reply]
Matrix 02:05 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
St. Louis has now won the championship in all 4 major sports - World Series, Super Bowl, NBA Finals, and Stanley Cup.
They're the 8th city (NY, Boston, Philly, Chicago, LA, Detroit, DC) to achieve that feat.

Nice to see the state rally around the Blues. Hope it continues.
[Reply]
Matrix 02:07 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
1958. St. Louis Hawks.

They were in St. Louis from 1954 to 1965.
All 4 of their NBA Finals appearances were against the Celtics.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:20 PM 06-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And now it's official:

Hockey fans are ridiculously superstitious so I've done my level best to (mostly) stay out of this thread since we were winning when I wasn't in it. But now that's it's done, short of the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl, this would be the most amazing sports experience of my lifetime. Even the Cards winning the World Series isn't the same because it's just not the Cup. It truly is the most difficult trophy in sports; an agonizing 2 month long slog with guys just beating the holy shit out of each other for weeks at a time.

And for this team to do it after what Mike !@#$ing Yeo nearly did to them is truly remarkable. And there are stories EVERYWHERE. Jaden's sister, RoR, Tarasenko's maturation, Petro and his wife (truly incredible people), Parayko turning into a Norris winner, Bouwmeester getting healthy, Binnington existing, Steen humbling himself, Schenn being acquired for a draft pick and a drug dealer, Perron being on his 3rd go, Sanford's re-emergence after his dad died, Sunny and Barbashev emerging from nowhere, Maroon the hometown kid, Berube's interim tag, Gunner at the pisser.

On and on and on this team has been a rush. And now they're going down to OB Clark's in STL and literally passing the Stanley !@#$ing Cup through the crowd. Brett Hull's favorite chinchilla has just been chilling in it. Binnington's getting cuffs put on him by STL PD for 'stealing game 7' and the Captain is just out there hugging randos.

It's so surreal and just so ****ing cool. We'll never forget this team. For the rest of my natural born life I'll associate 27 with Petro instead of Rolen. Schenn owns 10 now (sorry Dallas Drake) and Mayers lost his 21 to Tyler Bozak. Hell, I see a #18 clown jersey and I think "why does someone have a Keenan Era jersey with Rob Thomas on the back?" and don't even think about Tony Twist.

What a rush this squad has been and as Blues fans we couldn't have asked for anything more. Especially not after seeing Marchand cry like a little ****ing girl. Inject this shit directly into my veins boys...
Officers are Clayton PD. I know who the one on the right is.

Anyways, I'll be at the parade taking metro. Getting out of downtown is going to suck.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 08:40 AM 06-15-2019
Took a Lyft instead of Metro.

Metro is fucking brutal.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:25 PM 06-15-2019
Now these dudes are going to Vegas for the NHL awards. Better stay out of Vegas this week. They are going to wreck.

Oveckin: “I was the post-Cup drunkest ever.”@DP_57: “Hold my beer. Literally.”

pic.twitter.com/53qZ2KDAEm

— Matt Sebek (@MattSebek) June 15, 2019

[Reply]
mlyonsd 09:30 PM 06-15-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Now these dudes are going to Vegas for the NHL awards. Better stay out of Vegas this week. They are going to wreck.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 99 of 101
« First < 49899596979899 100101 >
Up