ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 341
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
bdj23 11:05 AM 02-26-2017
Originally Posted by Dunit35:
Paid $700 for my M1 Garand from the CMP. 1942 receiver with a 1945 Barrel. Non of it is matching but it is beautiful.

Spent $200 more to throw on an authentic military stock. It came with new wood and I didn't care for it. I am in love with the gun.
My best friend got a non CMP Springfield m1 Garand in amazing shape for $775 a few years ago from some cop in Topeka that needed money for a medical bill asap.

Thing should be sitting in my closet, but i had to buy a Beretta 92fs about 2 hours before that post popped up on Facebook.

I can't find a Garand for under $1400 now
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:26 AM 02-26-2017
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Finally got the new Sig back from the gunsmith. The original wood grips were pretty, but these G10s are far more functional.

Now I've just got to get a good holster for it and I'm good to go.

Simply put, that's art...
[Reply]
Frazod 01:42 PM 02-26-2017
Here's today's contribution to the art world....

Had to clean out the entire safe for this one!
:-)
[Reply]
Trivers 01:50 PM 02-26-2017
Very creative! Rep!
[Reply]
Frazod 01:52 PM 02-26-2017
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Very creative! Rep!
To be fair, the idea is not mine - I saw something similar on Facebook the other day and wanted to recreate it with my own stuff.
[Reply]
notorious 02:03 PM 02-26-2017
When you see it, you'll shit.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 02:37 PM 02-26-2017
Here's today's contribution to the art world....

Had to clean out the entire safe for this one!
:-)
Nice!
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 07:28 AM 02-27-2017
Originally Posted by Trivers:
Any one have any experience with the Tauras PT111 G2?

http://palmettostatearmory.com/tauru...1031g2-12.html

$209 for a sub compact double stack 9mm? Something must be wrong with it.

thanks
I'm on record here stating that I like my Taurus pistols...I own one revolver and 2 semi autos, a 24-7 compact and a p1911. Both have been great guns, never had any problems with them and in fact I carried the 24-7 until I recently purchased a Sig P320 in 9mm. Gun snobs will say that they are pieces of shit, but most probably don't have a ton of time if any behind one. I've put over 3000 rounds through the 24-7 and I'd carry it no problem, no worries.

Having said that, the Sig P320 is a wet dream. The Taurus is a fine weapon, and good for someone just starting out and on a budget. Working with Taurus has not been too bad, until recently. I had to send the 1911 back (lifetime warranty) when I bought it like 5 years ago for a problem with the slide lock, but it was fixed and returned inside of 10 days, no problem. However, I spent a friggin' year and a half trying to get a 10 round mag for the 24-7 from them, and it was like pulling teeth.

For 200 bucks, I think you're safe to try it out. It's a good pistol for starters.
[Reply]
notorious 09:00 AM 02-27-2017
Originally Posted by InChiefsHell:
I'm on record here stating that I like my Taurus pistols...I own one revolver and 2 semi autos, a 24-7 compact and a p1911. Both have been great guns, never had any problems with them and in fact I carried the 24-7 until I recently purchased a Sig P320 in 9mm. Gun snobs will say that they are pieces of shit, but most probably don't have a ton of time if any behind one. I've put over 3000 rounds through the 24-7 and I'd carry it no problem, no worries.

Having said that, the Sig P320 is a wet dream. The Taurus is a fine weapon, and good for someone just starting out and on a budget. Working with Taurus has not been too bad, until recently. I had to send the 1911 back (lifetime warranty) when I bought it like 5 years ago for a problem with the slide lock, but it was fixed and returned inside of 10 days, no problem. However, I spent a friggin' year and a half trying to get a 10 round mag for the 24-7 from them, and it was like pulling teeth.

For 200 bucks, I think you're safe to try it out. It's a good pistol for starters.

I am a gun snob? That hurts. :-)

At 209, you can buy it, shoot it, and sale it with minimal loss. If it works well you got a steal.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:17 AM 02-27-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
I am a gun snob? That hurts. :-)

At 209, you can buy it, shoot it, and sale it with minimal loss. If it works well you got a steal.
Shit. You guys should meet my friend who owns the reloading press I use. He was picking apart my new Sig (didn't like the machining of the slide serrations, didn't like the trigger, didn't like the grips, etc.). Basically he hates anything that isn't a $2K+ STI.

Now THAT's a gun snob. :-)
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:18 AM 02-27-2017
Shit. You guys should meet my friend who owns the reloading press I use. He was picking apart my new Sig (didn't like the machining of the slide serrations, didn't like the trigger, didn't like the grips, etc.). Basically he hates anything that isn't a $2K+ STI.

Now THAT's a gun snob. :-)
I just don't see the point in being that picky. I can by 6 or 7 really nice fully functional weapons for that much coin. But, to each their own I suppose. I have a very large collection and probably could have saved money in the end if I would have just gone with a few really choice pieces.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:42 PM 02-27-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
When you see it, you'll shit.
Had to take another look after you said that... NOW I see it, lol

Frazod, what a fish out of water you must be up there in Chicago
[Reply]
Frazod 02:54 PM 02-27-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Had to take another look after you said that... NOW I see it, lol

Frazod, what a fish out of water you must be up there in Chicago
You ain't kidding, brother. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:20 PM 02-27-2017
You ain't kidding, brother. :-)
All of your neighbors and co-workers must look at you and see your avatar :-)

"The man is a barbarian!"
[Reply]
Frazod 03:26 PM 02-27-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
All of your neighbors and co-workers must look at you and see your avatar :-)

"The man is a barbarian!"
I don't live in Chicago - the suburbs are an entirely different thing.

The people I work with, however, all think I'm a redneck gun-toting lunatic. :-)

There are about 50 people in my firm, and three of them (that I know of) are conservatives, including me. I guess there could be a couple more in hiding, but not many.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 341
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Up