ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 56 of 459
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Bushwood Country Club Lounge***
smittysbar 11:49 AM 05-11-2008
Okay, here is a place for the Golfers to talk about tournaments, clubs, swing help or thoughts.

Today is the Players Championship, which I think ought to be the 5th Major. Largest pot in the PGA. The daunting 17th, which seems to bring excitement every year. At least we will get to see Sergio blow up yet again.

I am ready to see some water balls!
[Reply]
Skip Towne 03:50 PM 09-23-2008
I saw Boo riding a golf club like it was a bucking bull.
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:39 PM 02-08-2009
Nick Watney shot -11 to win the Buick Invitational, followed by Rollins -10 and Villegas -9.

Harrington T24
Mickelson T42
[Reply]
smittysbar 10:55 PM 02-08-2009
I played Saturday (second time in the past week), man the weather has been awesome. It was pretty wet though from the ground thawing. Played okay, had the look ups a couple of times, which is pretty normal at the first of the year for me. Bombed the driver for the most part, which has made me wonder if I want to switch drivers this year, or keep the Cobra.

I have been wanting to get the new Titleist 909, but can't decide between the 909D2, D3, or the Comp.

I have hit the Cobra good for the last year (LD F, Grafalloy Blue XS), but hate how it sets up at address. Can't stand the Draw bias. Have hit Titleist drivers for a long time, hard to get away from that look.

Still loving my Scotty Cameron though.

Used the Cleavland CG14 Zip Groove wedges, and they were nice, but won't be giving up on titleist Vokey spin milled wedges.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:00 PM 02-08-2009
I wanted to go to the range on Saturday, but had a wicked ass hangover :-).
[Reply]
smittysbar 11:02 PM 02-08-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I wanted to go to the range on Saturday, but had a wicked ass hangover :-).

That's what happened to me today, or I would have played. God I felt like a bag full of smashed assholes today. :-)
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:56 AM 02-09-2009
I played last Saturday for the first time this year. Started off Birdie - Par, which for me to start that way after several months of being away from golf was terrific.

This is going to be the year I turn the corner a bit. I'm going to make sure it happens. Just being a little bit more consistent and finally getting the distance down on my short irons - I'm usually either a little long or a little short.
[Reply]
smittysbar 06:34 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I played last Saturday for the first time this year. Started off Birdie - Par, which for me to start that way after several months of being away from golf was terrific.

This is going to be the year I turn the corner a bit. I'm going to make sure it happens. Just being a little bit more consistent and finally getting the distance down on my short irons - I'm usually either a little long or a little short.
I get off sometimes on my short shots and chips when I start thinking to mechanical. Just got to trust yourself and feel it.
[Reply]
smittysbar 07:26 PM 02-09-2009
Well, just broke down and bought a new set of Mizuno MX-19 4-GW. Got them off ebay for 182.50 + s/h. Don't know if I will switch from mt Callaway Fusions. Good looking club.

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:34 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:

Don't ever, ever think that you are going to beat this game, it will humble your ass quickly.
[Reply]
kstater 07:36 PM 02-09-2009

Bought a Callaway FT-5
Got it for $200.
Pro-Shop was getting rid of inventory(basically subletting the proshop to another company) and gave it to me well below cost. Retails for about $425.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:37 PM 02-09-2009
Originally Posted by kstater:
Bought a Callaway FT-5
Got it for $200.
Pro-Shop was getting rid of inventory(basically subletting the proshop to another company) and gave it to me well below cost. Retails for about $425.
Not really. You can get it for 200 new online pretty easily.
[Reply]
smittysbar 07:39 PM 02-09-2009
Bought a Callaway FT-5
Got it for $200.
God I have a weakness for new clubs. I was on ebay looking for a new Titleist 909 driver, next thing I know I have a set of Mizuno irons on the way, and about 10 Stotty's on my watch list, FUCK
[Reply]
kstater 07:40 PM 02-09-2009
Not really. You can get it for 200 new online pretty easily.
Everyone's dumping the inventory because the new model came out in December.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 07:42 PM 02-09-2009
Everyone's dumping the inventory because the new model came out in December.
Yeah. It's a really good club, though. I think that we've finally reached a technological saturation point with drivers, given the USGA limits on volume and COR as well as movable weights.

I have a G2 with a V2 shaft in it, and i can't really imagine upgrading that for a while.
[Reply]
kstater 07:43 PM 02-09-2009
Yeah. It's a really good club, though. I think that we've finally reached a technological saturation point with drivers, given the USGA limits on volume and COR as well as movable weights.

I have a G2 with a V2 shaft in it, and i can't really imagine upgrading that for a while.
I was due for an upgrade. Was still using my Si3 up til now.
[Reply]
Page 56 of 459
« First < 6465253545556 5758596066106156 > Last »
Up