ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Media Center>Netflix Price Goes Up $2.00_ What Is Your Pain Threshold?
vailpass 11:55 AM 11-16-2020
Got an email today telling me my new Netflix Premium price is going up $2.00, to $17.99, starting 12/16/2020.

Yet another increase as they boil the frog to the $20 mark. I'll pay it, it's still worth it to me and my three sons. I'm wondering though, at what price point would Netflix not be worth it?

Where would you drop Netflix? $20? $30? $40? $50?
[Reply]
Donger 12:02 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Got an email today telling me my new Netflix Premium price is going up $2.00, to $17.99, starting 12/16/2020.

Yet another increase as they boil the frog to the $20 mark. I'll pay it, it's still worth it to me and my three sons. I'm wondering though, at what price point would Netflix not be worth it?

Where would you drop Netflix? $20? $30? $40? $50?
Probably $50.

I have the standard plan, I guess, but just got a 4K TV. I see that Premium includes 4K content and is only $4/month more. Worth it? How much content is there??
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:04 PM 11-16-2020
They are verging on cable replacement prices now. I'm glad I dont pay for Netflix. Their original programming quality has been eclipsed by Amazon and other services. If you aren't lazy, you can ala carte services via Amazon like Showtime, Stars, and others to watch exactly what you want for much cheaper.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:05 PM 11-16-2020
Is that per month? I don't actually pay attention to what Netflix costs.

Per month, I guess maybe somewhere around $30; I don't watch it much to begin with, but there are a couple shows on there I like.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:06 PM 11-16-2020
I already bounce around between the various services, so $2 doesn't make much difference. If they push it to say $25/month, I'll consider not using Netflix in the rotation.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:06 PM 11-16-2020
We dumped it when it went up from $8.99.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:52 PM 11-16-2020
They have to keep paying For those crappy Adam Sandler movies somehow.
[Reply]
HayWire 12:58 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
No shit. I generally like Sandler but the Netflix movies are horrible
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:12 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Probably $50.

I have the standard plan, I guess, but just got a 4K TV. I see that Premium includes 4K content and is only $4/month more. Worth it? How much content is there??
The only advantage to Premium over Standard is that 4 TV's can be logged in and watching Netflix simultaneously as opposed to 2 TV's with Standard.

HDR broadcasts (High Definition Resolution) are better viewed on a 4K TV than UHD (Ultra High Def) because commercial TV's aren't made for UHD resolution.

Essentially, it's marketing babble. If you're unhappy with your overall picture, QLED is leaps and bounds ahead of standard LED TV's, which is really where you'll see a very tangible difference in picture depth and clarity.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:16 PM 11-16-2020
I haven't watched Netflix in forever, it's mostly Hulu Disney+ and YouTube TV in our household.
[Reply]
Donger 01:17 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The only advantage to Premium over Standard is that 4 TV's can be logged in and watching Netflix simultaneously as opposed to 2 TV's with Standard.

HDR broadcasts (High Definition Resolution) are better viewed on a 4K TV than UHD (Ultra High Def) because commercial TV's aren't made for UHD resolution.

Essentially, it's marketing babble. If you're unhappy with your overall picture, QLED is leaps and bounds ahead of standard LED TV's, which is really where you'll see a very tangible difference in picture depth and clarity.
Thanks brother. I looked and Amazon Prime streams 4K, so I'll see if I can see the difference.

The TV I bought says "4K UHD." I don't know if it's QLED or not.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:18 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Netflix is carrying a pretty massive debt load.

They also leased a brand new building on the corner of Sunset and Bronson, which is diagonal to the original building off of Sunset & Van Ness.

That 13 story building is in addition to a brand new 20 story tower that's near completion, while most of their employees are working from home.
[Reply]
Pants 01:20 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

I think you may have meant OLED?

Also, I'm pretty sure that the best you can get with Standard Netflix is 1080 (HD) and if you want any content in 4K (UHD), you need to be on Premium. I'm 95% sure but I could be wrong.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:25 PM 11-16-2020
They keep raising their prices as their competition is stiffening, they're now more expensive than the Disney bundle and HBO max just dropped...I wish them luck but I'm already annoyed at how unless you are stranger things or orange is the new black your show runs for 2-3 seasons and you're cancelled.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:26 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I think you may have meant OLED?

Also, I'm pretty sure that the best you can get with Standard Netflix is 1080 (HD) and if you want any content in 4K (UHD), you need to be on Premium. I'm 95% sure but I could be wrong.
That shit is great considering every other streaming platform just gives you 4k.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up