ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Media Center>Sony Playstation 5 thread
bowener 10:04 AM 03-17-2020
I figured we could go ahead and start this.

I wasn't able to watch it today, but Sony had a live event where they unveiled the PS5 console. I don't really have an opinion on the appearance yet, but it can be vertical or horizontal.

Your first look at the #PlayStation5. pic.twitter.com/VCDfmVKCEl

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

...and here it is. Thanks for watching! #PS5 pic.twitter.com/pOzHc31X3G

— PlayStation (@PlayStation) June 11, 2020

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:09 PM 11-19-2020
Still selling out in 10 seconds on Wal Mart. That's ridiculous
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:33 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I generally don't listen to opinions on AC anymore. The most-hated installment in the series is Unity and I actually enjoyed it. Different strokes or whatever. I loved Origins just as much as I loved AC2. They're just different games. People are way too myopic about such things.

Honestly, that's my least favorite part. I could do without the modern storyline period. The historical stuff is what I love.

Yeah, everyone is a critic. It’s frustrating.

Agreed, actually. I’m a huge fan of the historical fiction or alternate history, whatever you want to call it. I never liked the modern day stuff, but I could deal with it when it was Desmond fighting to stop the end of the world. At this point with Layla or whatever it just seems pointless. I legit have no clue what the modern day storyline is. I guess they need some sort of excuse or reason to have us in the Animus, but I’d be totally fine with scrubbing all that shit at this point.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:40 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah, everyone is a critic. It’s frustrating.

Agreed, actually. I’m a huge fan of the historical fiction or alternate history, whatever you want to call it. I never liked the modern day stuff, but I could deal with it when it was Desmond fighting to stop the end of the world. At this point with Layla or whatever it just seems pointless. I legit have no clue what the modern day storyline is. I guess they need some sort of excuse or reason to have us in the Animus, but I’d be totally fine with scrubbing all that shit at this point.
To be honest with a series like this, I think a lot of it has to do with point of entry.

I honestly was never interested in AC - I'm more of a RPG person. When Black Flag was announced, I got excited because pirates are cool and the historical period is interesting.

I played Black Flag and loved it so much that I immediately went and played all the rest.

They're all different games with different strengths and weaknesses. I think a lot of the people that hold up AC2 as the gold standard started when the series started and the change is difficult to digest.

For me, I started on a game that had already departed from the original formula so I wasn't married to it.

There isn't a single AC I haven't enjoyed. They're all great in their own way.
[Reply]
Pants 02:41 PM 11-19-2020
I always found the analogy about AC games being the size of an ocean with the depth of a puddle to be apt.

It's one GORGEOUS fucking ocean, though. I've played AC2, AC3 and Black Flag to full completion. I love history so I enjoy being thrust into a period-accurate environment. I also like completing everything and AC is the OCD completionist's wet dream.

I bought Origins for like $7 during one of the sales and even have it installed. That will be my next foray.

I'll eventually get Valhalla for like $15 too.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:44 PM 11-19-2020
To be honest with a series like this, I think a lot of it has to do with point of entry.

I honestly was never interested in AC - I'm more of a RPG person. When Black Flag was announced, I got excited because pirates are cool and the historical period is interesting.

I played Black Flag and loved it so much that I immediately went and played all the rest.

They're all different games with different strengths and weaknesses. I think a lot of the people that hold up AC2 as the gold standard started when the series started and the change is difficult to digest.

For me, I started on a game that had already departed from the original formula so I wasn't married to it.

There isn't a single AC I haven't enjoyed. They're all great in their own way.
AC2 was groundbreaking for it's time, because the first one was very bland to say the least.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:51 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
I also like completing everything and AC is the OCD completionist's wet dream.
Yep. I'm mega OCD and that's a big reason I love AC.

It's also a big reason I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition for almost 2 full years. :-)
[Reply]
Pants 03:01 PM 11-19-2020
Yep. I'm mega OCD and that's a big reason I love AC.

It's also a big reason I've been playing Dragon Age Inquisition for almost 2 full years. :-)
LOL. I'm not that bad. I almost never play the same game twice because my library is already overflowing and more and more badass games are coming out.

With games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Witcher, etc., I pick a path, stick to it, finish it, and move on. Alternate endings and playthroughs are awesome, but I'm all set with the one I chose to experience. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:08 PM 11-19-2020
LOL. I'm not that bad. I almost never play the same game twice because my library is already overflowing and more and more badass games are coming out.

With games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Witcher, etc., I pick a path, stick to it, finish it, and move on. Alternate endings and playthroughs are awesome, but I'm all set with the one I chose to experience. :-)
Well... :-)

I haven't actually finished it. I'm so OCD that I've started over probably 50 times. I can't stick with a build.

:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:26 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Still selling out in 10 seconds on Wal Mart. That's ridiculous
It’s the fucking bots. I had one all the way until I hit submit order and then it came back with out of stock. Fucking assholes.
[Reply]
SuperChief 07:17 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It’s the ****ing bots. I had one all the way until I hit submit order and then it came back with out of stock. ****ing assholes.
Lotta fucking scalpers out there ruining the experience for everyone, too. I hope they continue to get doxxed and fucked into oblivion.
[Reply]
Jerm 10:18 PM 11-19-2020
It’s the fucking bots. I had one all the way until I hit submit order and then it came back with out of stock. Fucking assholes.
Really wish these stores would go to in store / curbside pick up....I think that might help curve the scalpers and bots.

Hoping that’s what Wal Mart does on Black Friday.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:19 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
Lotta fucking scalpers out there ruining the experience for everyone, too. I hope they continue to get doxxed and fucked into oblivion.
It would be nice if people would stop overpaying for this shit and just let them sit on all the systems they bought. I want a PS5 but I’m not going to pay double when I can wait a couple of months and get one for the normal price.
[Reply]
Pants 11:17 PM 11-19-2020
It would be nice if people would stop overpaying for this shit and just let them sit on all the systems they bought. I want a PS5 but I’m not going to pay double when I can wait a couple of months and get one for the normal price.
Exactly. Why would you NOT scalp if dummies are willing to pay 2x-3x the price?
[Reply]
lcarus 01:38 AM 11-20-2020
Exactly. Why would you NOT scalp if dummies are willing to pay 2x-3x the price?
That's how I feel about it too. As scummy as some of these scalpers are that just keep buying up all these PS5 and Xbox consoles whenever there's a new wave in stock, in the end I blame the people that buy from them. Why pay double or triple the retail price? For what? Just to play Demon's Souls or Miles Morales right now instead of a bit later?

And I'm a Funko collector, so I've been dealing with bots and scalpers for the past decade.
[Reply]
srvy 02:03 AM 11-20-2020
Some people have more money than sense. Little Johnny will have the best xmas ever and this will keep him busy out of our hair to do what we want. Who has time to raise a child?
[Reply]
Page 17 of 21
« First < 71314151617 18192021 >
Up