ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 69 of 153
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:30 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Re: Windu and Palpatine, Stover describes Windu winning and the key to this victory is his Form VII lightsaber variant (Vaapaad), which is unique and particularly effective against the Sith due to its chaotic nature and closeness to the Dark Side (you can also argue, and I've seen it done, that Windu fell to the Dark Side during the fight, losing control as he fought the fight of his life).
Right. Basically everything we've got on the subject tells us Windu legitimately won the fight by turning the Dark Side back on Palpatine.

There's no doubt that Palps was hamming it up once Anakin stepped on the scene, but Mace took it to him fair and square. He's one of the best duelists in the Jedi Order and the most equipped to take on Sith. Give the man his due.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:53 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Right. Basically everything we've got on the subject tells us Windu legitimately won the fight by turning the Dark Side back on Palpatine.

There's no doubt that Palps was hamming it up once Anakin stepped on the scene, but Mace took it to him fair and square. He's one of the best duelists in the Jedi Order and the most equipped to take on Sith. Give the man his due.
Mace Winu sucks.

If there's truly a show in development about his early years, which I highly doubt because the link sends people to his Patreon account in which you can "pay" for his "inside" knowledge, I absolutely guarantee I'll be one of the last people to ever watch that drivel, if I ever watch it all.

Disney might as well create a series about Rey's early years on Jakku. It would be more interesting.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:59 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Have you read the novelization? It's pretty kick-ass and I ready dig Matthew Stover's take on the story.
I had to check in my garage to see if I had it stored down there and while I have the novelizations of both The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, I didn't find Revenge of the Sith.

I was pretty down on Star Wars at that point, especially Hayden Christensen's "acting". I've told this story many times over the years but I ran into Hayden at my gym, just before the movie was released.

I told a famous director friend of mine about the encounter and he replied "Was he unconvincing as himself?".

:-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:51 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I had to check in my garage to see if I had it stored down there and while I have the novelizations of both The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, I didn't find Revenge of the Sith.

I was pretty down on Star Wars at that point, especially Hayden Christensen's "acting". I've told this story many times over the years but I ran into Hayden at my gym, just before the movie was released.

I told a famous director friend of mine about the encounter and he replied "Was he unconvincing as himself?".

That’s legitimately funny. Mean as hell. But funny.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:53 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I was scrolling through wondering is anyone was going to mention the Mifune realness.
These directors are always giving nods to their favorite films and directors. Because it’s an homage from a fan, it’s not ripping anyone off. They should thank Tarantino for that leeway.
[Reply]
listopencil 02:15 AM 12-01-2020

Ouch. But earned.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:53 AM 12-01-2020

Yea. I remember watching a few movies other than star wars earlier in his career like ‘Life as a House’ and ‘Jumper’. Just to see if it was him or Lucas? Nope, dude is just a bad actor.

I haven’t seen him in anything lately.....
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:04 PM 12-01-2020
fuck this would be tite

[Reply]
keg in kc 05:57 PM 12-01-2020
Couple of things I meant to post yesterday:

Morgan Elsbeth has been confirmed via multiple sources to be one of the last Nightsisters of Dathomir. The massacre Ahsoka mentioned was in fact Grievous slaughtering them, as shown during a clone wars arc.

I haven't found the snippet yet, but evidently Dave Filoni recently stated that the events of chapter 13 happen *before* the events of the Rebels epilogue. So Ahsoka and Sabine have *not* gone off in search of Ezra yet.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:06 PM 12-01-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Couple of things I meant to post yesterday:

Morgan Elsbeth has been confirmed via multiple sources to be one of the last Nightsisters of Dathomir. The massacre Ahsoka mentioned was in fact Grievous slaughtering them, as shown during a clone wars arc.
To my knowledge, that has not been confirmed. Plus, if she was a Nightsister, why didn't she use Force Magic while battling Ahsoka? Also, I'm not sure that I trust hair stylists as canon.

From Wookiepedia:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Morgan_Elsbeth

Inosanto's hair and makeup were done by Maria Sandoval and Alexei Dmitriew, respectively. According to Sandoval, Elsbeth was one of the last survivors of Dathomir,[4] a planet who's people were devastated in the Clone Wars,[5] just as Elsbeth's were. However, no connection was made in The Mandalorian between the two groups[1] and there has been no official confirmation.

I haven't found the snippet yet, but evidently Dave Filoni recently stated that the events of chapter 13 happen *before* the events of the Rebels epilogue. So Ahsoka and Sabine have *not* gone off in search of Ezra yet.
He didn't exactly say that it was before Rebels. I think it was just a way to throw fans off the trail:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood...oka-tano-grogu

That quest, we learn, is a search for the villain Grand Admiral Thrawn. The last time fans saw Ahsoka was this spring's finale of The Clone Wars, but in the actual Star Wars chronology, the last time we saw her was at the end of Rebels, venturing off with Sabine Wren to find Ezra Bridger, who vanished along with Thrawn. Where does that scene fit in with where we find her in The Mandalorian?

Filoni:
Right. But no, it's an interesting one… That's not necessarily chronological. I think the thing that people will most not understand is they want to go in a linear fashion, but as I learned as a kid, nothing in Star Wars really works in a linear fashion. You do [Episodes] Four, Five and Six and then One, Two, and Three. So in the vein of that history, when you look at the epilogue of Rebels you don't really know how much time has passed.

So, it's possible that the story I'm telling in The Mandalorian actually takes place prior to that. Possible. I'm saying it's possible.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:14 PM 12-01-2020
There's a reason I said multiple sources. It's not just the hair stylist.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:16 PM 12-01-2020
It doesn't really make any sense for Ahsoka to be looking for Thrawn before the events of the Star Wars Rebels finale because duh, we saw Thrawn attack Lothal in his personal Star Destroyer, the Chimaera.

She wouldn't need to "find him" if they already knew where he was before the Death Star II was destroyed.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:17 PM 12-01-2020
There's a reason I said multiple sources. It's not just the hair stylist.
I just don't buy it. She wasn't from Dathomir, so how did she end up as a Nightsister?

And again, why didn't she use Force Powers against Ahsoka, who clearly killed her because if she's not dead, where is she? The villagers have their planet back but we have no idea whether or not Elsbeth gave up the goods on Thrawn.

I think it would be pretty shitty if we see Elsbeth again alive and it would cheapen the victory and return of the city to its people.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:26 PM 12-01-2020
****ing phone deleted my entire messsge...

She was from Dathomir. That's the planet that was Massacred, again by Grievous. It's part of the character description that has come out after the episode.

I don't know how I (and apparently everyone else on the web...) missed it both times last weekend, but the garment she's wearing after she takes her cloak off is clearly the same maroon Nightsister wrap we've seen depicted both on Clone Wars and during the appearance of the Nightsister during Fallen Order. The marking on her forehead is also a Nightsister marking. I think the thing that threw me is that she isn't grey skinned. But it's clear in retrospect what she's wearing.

And as I recall most of the Nightsister's don't use the Force as Jedi use it. They cast spells and invoke ancestor spirits through rites and rituals.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:37 PM 12-01-2020
It doesn't really make any sense for Ahsoka to be looking for Thrawn before the events of the Star Wars Rebels finale because duh, we saw Thrawn attack Lothal in his personal Star Destroyer, the Chimaera.

She wouldn't need to "find him" if they already knew where he was before the Death Star II was destroyed.
I think you may have gotten yourself confused here.

It's not before the events of the Rebels finale. It's before the *Epilogue* at the end of the finale. Previously people thought those 'where they are now' bits occurred around the time of the battle for Endor, roughly five years after Yavin, ie 5-6 years after the events of the Rebels finale. The suggestion is that those clips show a period actually 5 years after that, meaning Ahsoka and Sabine's search for Ezra didn't start until sometime after the episode last week.

So we've all maybe been operating under a false assumption that Sabine and Ahsoka have already gone to seek out Ezra. Which would both explain Sabine's absence so far, and also make Ezra's appearance during this season unlikely. And it could also give a clear direction for what Ahsoka's show could be...

There is however the Rebels sequel animated show that's purportedly been in production for a long time. I don't know how you do that without finding Ezra first
[Reply]
Page 69 of 153
« First < 19596566676869 7071727379119 > Last »
Up