ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 68 of 153
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:56 PM 11-29-2020
Something I have thought all along is that the series title refers to the Child and not Din Djarin, much like the title of the last episode referred to the Child and not Ahsoka Tano. I mean, you know, a Mandalorian and a Jedi.... nobody'll see that coming.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:00 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That just makes me think of Men in Black. A Mandalorian's chest armor opens up and there's
Spoiler!
in a little seat surrounded by levers and wires.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 01:03 PM 11-29-2020
I wasn't making fun of you, that's just the picture that popped into my head when you mentioned him in Mando armor...
[Reply]
unlurking 01:19 PM 11-29-2020

[Reply]
Stryker 08:40 PM 11-29-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:23 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Something I have thought all along is that the series title refers to the Child and not Din Djarin, much like the title of the last episode referred to the Child and not Ahsoka Tano. I mean, you know, a Mandalorian and a Jedi.... nobody'll see that coming.
Well, I don't have any idea if that will ring true or not but one thing is for certain:

Baby Yoda in Mandalorian armor would break the internet.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 01:12 AM 11-30-2020
What if, after another season or two, they killed baby Yoda off?

I posed this question to a few of my friends who watch the show and they at first scoffed at the notion but then agreed that it could possibly be one of the most talked about
moments in television history.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:48 AM 11-30-2020

[Reply]
keg in kc 01:38 PM 11-30-2020
That's some bad photoshop work there.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:39 PM 11-30-2020
Those are screenshots from a game, nimrod.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:56 PM 11-30-2020
:-)

[Reply]
keg in kc 02:10 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Those are screenshots from a game, nimrod.
Is that the fallen order mod?

I haven't played fallen order yet, so I wouldn't recognize much from it...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:13 PM 11-30-2020
Yep.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:18 PM 11-30-2020
Had a random thought a few minutes ago: I wonder if we might see more elements of the Thrawn Trilogy brought into The Mandalorian. Instead of the OT cast we have the Mando cast filling roles. You could still introduce Talon Karrde. Even Mara Jade (would be weird to not mix her up with Luke...). Rather than Jorus C'baoth we have Thrawn capturing and then cloning Ezra on Navarro. So failed Ezra clones in the vats. Say the child calls out to the force, "Ezra" shows up, but then we find out it's not 'our' Ezra. The story proceeds, instead of Luke versus Luuke we could build to Ahsoka clashing with her clone (or Ezra with his, if Thrawn hasn't already killed him...(seems too dark for disney+)).

Some elements are already in place, perhaps Gideon answers to Thrawn (Giancarlo Esposito has hinted to their being someone above him in interviews), and Thrawn is building his own Empire remnant, and it's not related to the First Order at all.

I doubt they'd go that far, but still interesting to brainstorm.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:18 PM 11-30-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
As someone that saw ROTS on opening night, I have never been under the impression that Windu was "winning". The Emperor was playing with him.

Once he had Anakin hooked, the Emperor stood up and said "Power!!!! Unlimited Power!!!" and wiped out Windu without missing a beat.

If he had killed Windu without putting on that performance, Anakin may not have turned and joined him.

It was an act.
Have you read the novelization? It's pretty kick-ass and I ready dig Matthew Stover's take on the story.

For one thing, it shows a lot more of the Emperor's mental manipulation of Anakin than we're ever able to see on the big screen. It makes his fall less abrupt and more tragic.

The other thing I really like about it is how it digs into combat styles and how that style affects matchups of master-level fighters.That's what is relevant here.

Re: Windu and Palpatine, Stover describes Windu winning and the key to this victory is his Form VII lightsaber variant (Vaapaad), which is unique and particularly effective against the Sith due to its chaotic nature and closeness to the Dark Side (you can also argue, and I've seen it done, that Windu fell to the Dark Side during the fight, losing control as he fought the fight of his life)

We see how the lightsaber styles match up and matter in the Dooku-Kenobi-Skywalker rematch. It's one of the best battle scenes I've ever read. Basically...

Kenobi and Skywalker disguise their true lightsaber styles and initially present Form IV, the acrobatic style en vogue because of Yoda, and the one employed by both in Episode II. Dooku is the master of Form II - which is a precise, fencing style that makes mincemeat of Form IV users (kind of like Mahomes vs. a blitzing, man-heavy defense).

However, as the fight wears on, Kenobi reveals his mastery of the defensive form of lightsaber combat (III). This leads to Dooku prioritizing him and trying to take him out of action.

But then... Skywalker reveals his true style, Form V, which is based on powerful kinetic strikes (which, guess what, fucks with Dooku's fencing form more than any other). We know the result. Dooku ends up short 2 hands and a head.

Anyway, I've always liked the descriptions there and they track more logically and realistically for me than the idea Palpatine was sandbagging (though that probably was Lucas's vision).

It tracks with the history of human combat... fighting styles and equipment having big impacts on the outcome, especially between otherwise evenly matched combatants.
[Reply]
Page 68 of 153
« First < 18586465666768 6970717278118 > Last »
Up