ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 67 of 153
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:00 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Mando has a Beskar spear.

Gideon has the darksaber.

:-)
Hope Mando is more judicious with it than Oberyn,
[Reply]
Bowser 10:06 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Hope Mando is more judicious with it than Oberyn,

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:41 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Mace Windu was a horrible character. There was absolutely nothing redeeming about him and without his decision to kill the Emperor, Anakin may have remained a Jedi.

I love SLJ but he was awful in the role. Being restrained by dialog isn't his forte and it was just a bad fit overall. I would not be interested in his return in any form.

The character is dead and it should be left that way.
You're tripping. He was Grandmaster of the Jedi Order at one point, has a purple light saber, killed Jango, fucked Greivous up, and he kicked the Emperor's ass, which automatically puts him at or above Yoda and Vader level.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:52 AM 11-29-2020
Oh and finally some sweet Jedi action!

I loved that Ahsoka mentioned other living Jedi. I guess, given the timeline, Luke is one of them? I doubt they bring him on the show, though it's a nice thought.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:02 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You're tripping. He was Grandmaster of the Jedi Order at one point, has a purple light saber, killed Jango, fucked Greivous up, and he kicked the Emperor's ass, which automatically puts him at or above Yoda and Vader level.
He was an awful character and even worse when shown in the animated series.

He couldn't kill Grevious and the Emperor was just toying with him, which was clear as day.

The Emperor could have unleashed his Force lightening and killed Windu immediately but he waited until just the right moment so that Anakin would have no other option than to turn to Dark side of the Force and join him.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:25 AM 11-29-2020
He was an awful character and even worse when shown in the animated series.

He couldn't kill Grevious and the Emperor was just toying with him, which was clear as day.

The Emperor could have unleashed his Force lightening and killed Windu immediately but he waited until just the right moment so that Anakin would have no other option than to turn to Dark side of the Force and join him.
You're speculating! I believe George Lucas himself as well as the official novelizations outright state that Mace won the fight straight up, though Palps was definitely hamming it up at the end.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:35 AM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You're speculating!
As someone that saw ROTS on opening night, I have never been under the impression that Windu was "winning". The Emperor was playing with him.

Once he had Anakin hooked, the Emperor stood up and said "Power!!!! Unlimited Power!!!" and wiped out Windu without missing a beat.

If he had killed Windu without putting on that performance, Anakin may not have turned and joined him.

It was an act.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:03 PM 11-29-2020
I wonder if they go ahead and show Gorgu as an adult if he'll up as the same size as a human man, because not much is known of his race which was by Lucas' design.

It could be that it's like different breeds of canine or feline depending how they physically and mentally adapted evolved in their part of the world.
[Reply]
keg in kc 12:15 PM 11-29-2020
Dane's going to single-handedly will Mace on the Mandalorian into being. Filoni can sense all this dark side energy, and will think, 'oh yeah, buddy?'
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:16 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Dane's going to single-handedly will Mace on the Mandalorian into being. Filoni can sense all this dark side energy, and will think, 'oh yeah, buddy?'
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:25 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I wonder if they go ahead and show Gorgu as an adult if he'll up as the same size as a human man, because not much is known of his race which was by Lucas' design.

It could be that it's like different breeds of canine or feline depending how they physically and mentally adapted evolved in their part of the world.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:25 PM 11-29-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:29 PM 11-29-2020
RIP David Prowse

So sad to hear David Prowse has passed. He was a kind man & much more than Darth Vader. Actor-Husband-Father-Member of the Order of the British Empire-3 time British Weightlifting Champion & Safety Icon the Green Cross Code Man. He loved his fans as much as they loved him. #RIP pic.twitter.com/VbDrGu6iBz

— Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) November 29, 2020

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:32 PM 11-29-2020
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 12:54 PM 11-29-2020
That just makes me think of Men in Black. A Mandalorian's chest armor opens up and there's
Spoiler!
in a little seat surrounded by levers and wires.
[Reply]
Page 67 of 153
« First < 17576364656667 6869707177117 > Last »
Up