ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 153
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Frazod 03:48 PM 11-19-2020

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:01 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Tom Cruise is tough to take AND tough to resist.

He's so thirsty, but he's also committed, so you know he's always actively trying to win you over, but you also know he'll do some amazing shit to get it done.

Reminds me of a story about [I think it was] Ed Begley Jr. back in his standup days. This was when 'performance art' like Andy Kaufman was starting to come on the scene as 'comedy.' And Begley had a standup partner act where they were supposed to be a bluegrass/folk duo, but they just stood on stage for 15-20 minutes tuning their guitars. Play a chord, fiddle with the tuning knobs, play a chord, fiddle, play, etc. . . [EDIT: important point, this was one of those 'coffee house' impromptu standup gigs, not like a scheduled event with a theater where they advertised and sold tickets to 'see Begley and blah-blah, live comedy!!']

Folks would be quiet for a little bit, then they'd start to laugh, then they'd start to boo and throw stuff, then eventually they would start howling with laughter.

Which is to say, commitment to a bit can be irritating, until it eventually becomes inspired.
Guess I haven't had enough coffee today. What do we mean by "thirsty"?

Anyway, I went through a period where I wasn't too high on TC, but I'm over it now. He's a good watch, generally. he may not do a lot of thought-provoking stuff, but he does a lot of fun movies.

Tom Hanks is great. But I might be biased because I actually met him once before he was famous. Or rather around the time he was doing that TV show "Bosom Buddies." Great guy.

And Julia Roberts is great-looking in that 'girl-next-door' way. And a pretty good actress as well. I've watched plenty of movies because she was in them and I figured they couldn't be bad because of it. Mostly I was right, every once in awhile I was wrong.

Oh, but about the Mandalorian. It's great.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:34 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Guess I haven't had enough coffee today. What do we mean by "thirsty"?
Eager to be well thought of, desperate for approval. Some limit to horniness, but I've always read it more generally as an impulse to impress.

Got its start from people labeling those who post sexy pictures online in order to get compliments as a 'thirst trap.'
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:36 PM 11-19-2020
The mark of true greatness for a television show is that I actually get up at 4:30 am so I can watch it before work.

Mando is I believe the first show to strike that mark.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:55 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
The mark of true greatness for a television show is that I actually get up at 4:30 am so I can watch it before work.

Mando is I believe the first show to strike that mark.
I can't believe that at 12am tomorrow morning, Season 2 will be at the halfway mark.

It seems like it's just getting started...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:42 PM 11-19-2020
IT'S MANDO NITE IN AMUERICAAE

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can't believe that at 12am tomorrow morning, Season 2 will be at the halfway mark.

It seems like it's just getting started...
I thought there was 7 episodes this year?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:27 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I thought there was 7 episodes this year?
There are 8 episodes in Season 2, with the season finale airing on December 18th.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:30 PM 11-19-2020
There are 8 episodes in Season 2, with the season finale airing on December 18th.
This year is so good, if all episodes were released at the same time like Netflix, I’d stay up all night and call in sick the next day.
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:48 AM 11-20-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:20 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:27 PM 11-20-2020
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 11-20-2020, 03:01 PM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: n/m
keg in kc 03:02 PM 11-20-2020
I'll have to watch it again, I was not very awake this morning...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:21 PM 11-20-2020
Spoiler!
They took alot from the EU Novels
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:48 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
They took alot from the EU Novels
Yep, which is actually really cool.

The one character that I’ve always wanted to see onscreen, whether Live Action or animated, is Jorj Car’das, so there’s still hope we might see him someday.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 153
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111 > Last »
Up