ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 59 of 153
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:19 PM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I enjoyed that a great deal. Bryce Dallas Howard did work directing that episode. Kinda cool that we've had a father/daughter combo directing Star Wars shows.
her episode last season was excellent too. Looks to be a way better director than actress. Like her father.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:34 PM 11-15-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I enjoyed that a great deal. Bryce Dallas Howard did work directing that episode. Kinda cool that we've had a father/daughter combo directing Star Wars shows.
The Razor Crest's sub-orbital landing scene mirrored that of Apollo 13 almost shot for shot.

Nice catch!! 100% correct:-) https://t.co/J1LSdvetYJ

— Bryce Dallas Howard (@BryceDHoward) November 14, 2020

[Reply]
Frazod 03:41 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The Razor Crest's sub-orbital landing scene mirrored that of Apollo 13 almost shot for shot.

Heh. I didn't pick up on that, but should have.
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:43 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
her episode last season was excellent too. Looks to be a way better director than actress. Like her father.
She’s a way better actor than Ron.

Was excellent in her Black Mirror episode.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:29 AM 11-16-2020
I've never seen Apollo 13. That's awesome.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:54 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Heh. I didn't pick up on that, but should have.
I haven't seen Apollo 13 in probably 20 years but that sequence seemed really, really familiar upon first watch and by the third watch, it was really bugging me.

I did an internet search and found out that I wasn't the only one that found it familiar, then it was like "Duh!". I should have put 2+2 together but I gotta say, I was so wrapped up in the events of Chapter 3 that I really couldn't think straight.

I watched all 3 Chapters of Season 2 this weekend twice and still believe this is the best 90 minutes of Star Wars since Return of the Jedi, from the story to the dialogue and cast to the score (which has been absolutely phenomenal this season) to the visuals.

If the quality of these Disney+ series remain at the same level as The Mandalorian (and with the people they've hired, there's no reason to think they won't), I think the failure of the sequels and prequels will soon begin to fade away because THIS is the Star Wars I know that I've always wanted, not Midichlorian nonsense or trade war politics or the Emperor's long lost granddaughter coming to "Save the day".

The only thing "missing" so far are some really cool Jedi-Sith lightsaber battles but seeing Mandalorians fly in and kick all kinds of ass has most certainly made up for it.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:33 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Seriously? That's pretty much a must watch.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:22 PM 11-16-2020
Seriously? That's pretty much a must watch.
I've never seen it. And I'm a huge space nut.

I'm also pretty much the only guy in america who can't stand Tom Hanks. I won't watch anything he's in.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:24 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I've never seen it. And I'm a huge space nut.

I'm also pretty much the only guy in america who can't stand Tom Hanks. I won't watch anything he's in.
Well, you're doing yourself a disservice by not watching it. By all accounts it is about as true to the actual facts as a Hollywood movie can get.

What's your issue with Hanks?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:23 PM 11-16-2020

#BoKatan actress @kateesackhoff has expressed interest in sharing the live-action screen with characters like #ObiWanKenobi and #SabineWren! Full quotes: https://t.co/vRAuKqo6kr

— Star Wars Direct (@StarWars_Direct) November 16, 2020

[Reply]
notorious 06:28 PM 11-16-2020
This is the best show I'm watching now.

It's the only show, soooo........
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:33 PM 11-16-2020
What's your issue with Hanks?
Just can't stand him. Never could. Not sure why. Have the exact same reaction to Julia Roberts.
[Reply]
Stryker 08:36 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Watch it man - it was awesome! Long but well worth the watch!
[Reply]
Stryker 08:38 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:
This is the best show I'm watching now.

It's the only show, soooo........
Ditto! I LOVE this show - complete change from episode 10 to 11. WOW!
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:01 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:

Why do you hate America?
[Reply]
Page 59 of 153
« First < 9495556575859 6061626369109 > Last »
Up