ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 153
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
ScareCrowe 08:26 AM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
they already told us how baby Yoda is saved. The droid is on the ship. He’s programmed to protect. Plot point ready to be activated.
That was my thought as well, also fits perfectly with the Mando's distrust of droids, especially that droid in respect to BY. Then the droid is the one who saves them all in the end.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:40 AM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
they already told us how baby Yoda is saved. The droid is on the ship. He’s programmed to protect. Plot point ready to be activated.
The droid would have to fly the ship over to the town to do it, he's not catching two Storm Troopers on speeders any other way.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:53 AM 12-19-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
The droid would have to fly the ship over to the town to do it, he's not catching two Storm Troopers on speeders any other way.
it's favreau bro

this gonna be epic

EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
[Reply]
Frazod 09:58 PM 12-19-2019
Just finished it. Nice darkest before the dawn episode.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:25 PM 12-19-2019
Wow. Great episode. I was totally not expecting them to get baby Yoda.

Shits got its hooks into me somethin fierce.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:07 AM 12-20-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Wow. Great episode. I was totally not expecting them to get baby Yoda.

Shits got its hooks into me somethin fierce.
"Mando" had to lose sometime in the season to heighten conflict and suspense
[Reply]
RustShack 05:23 PM 12-20-2019
Baby Yoda gonna wipe everyone out to save Mando?

Don’t hurt Baby Yoda!!!
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:38 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by srvy:
My son loves this show I am as far away from being a star wars fan as can be but this is ok. Really its nothing more than a western bounty hunter series set in space way in the future. If you close your eyes Mando sounds just like a young Clint Eastwood aka GBU or Pale Rider.
All very true. Which is the point, BTW.

Also, this show is good, not great. I keep feeling like it's missing something and could be a bit better. Honestly, I think it's due to relatively short episodes.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:18 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
All very true. Which is the point, BTW.

Also, this show is good, not great. I keep feeling like it's missing something and could be a bit better. Honestly, I think it's due to relatively short episodes.
It’s a western set in space. It’s obvious they never intended it to have some deep ‘Game of Thrones’ type narrative and that’s ok.

I dig it a lot.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:51 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It’s a western set in space. It’s obvious they never intended it to have some deep ‘Game of Thrones’ type narrative and that’s ok.

I dig it a lot.
Been saying its a western in space since the original film.

There is a you tube out there that compares the Mandolorian shots with classic western scenes. It is definitely on purpose ala the way Tarantino does in his movies. Wonder if Favreau is a fan of Tarantino?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:06 AM 12-21-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:

I dig it a lot.
Yep, they've set a perfect tone for this series. It may not be "prestige television" or what most have come to define as that over the past few decades, but it knows exactly what it is and it is succeeding at that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:11 AM 12-21-2019

mood: baby yoda trying Force choke pic.twitter.com/VwZYF02uYs

— Jam (@cloudyfacewith1) December 20, 2019

Don't fuck with Baby Yoda's Mando
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:16 AM 12-27-2019
Is Ren from Star Wars Rebels dead?

Giancarlo Esposito had the Black Light Sabre of Mandalorian leadership
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:56 AM 12-27-2019
Baby Yoda not being allowed to listen to music for 14 minutes.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 AM 12-27-2019
lol the opening to epsiode 8 is an homage to troops

complete with the biker scouts not being able to hit the broadside of a barn :-)
[Reply]
Page 19 of 153
« First < 91516171819 202122232969119 > Last »
Up