ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Media Center>Hobbs and Shaw
CoMoChief 12:50 PM 08-05-2019
Pretty funny movie. Probably most entertaining movie of 2019 other than John Wick 3.

Doesnt really follow FF franchise at all other than a few car chase scenes.

The 2 cameo roles in the film are great.
[Reply]
sully1983 07:52 PM 08-05-2019
It was big dumb harmless fun imo. And some of the banter between Statham & the Rock was really really funny.

Only complaint (and it has nothing to do with the actual movie) is I wish my theater played the new Christopher Nolan teaser trailer before it though (like it was promised!)
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 08:11 PM 08-05-2019
Tomatometer 66% Audience score 90% :-)
[Reply]
Sorry 12:45 AM 08-06-2019
Bruh the rock flying down the side of the building was awesome and hilarious
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:29 AM 08-06-2019
Really want to see this. Looks awesome!
[Reply]
luv 10:00 AM 08-06-2019
Boyfriend and I were considering going to see this on our next date night, but thought that it would just be over-the-top action filled with one-liners. We enjoy the FF franchise, though. We're going to watch it. We just don't know if we want to dish out the money to see it on the big screen or save our money and get it once it hits Redbox.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:20 AM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by luv:
Boyfriend and I were considering going to see this on our next date night, but thought that it would just be over-the-top action filled with one-liners. We enjoy the FF franchise, though. We're going to watch it. We just don't know if we want to dish out the money to see it on the big screen or save our money and get it once it hits Redbox.
This seems like the type of movie that you would want to see on the big screen.

Save the serious dramas for home. Just MHO
[Reply]
BWillie 02:56 PM 08-06-2019
I don't know bros, I saw the last Fast and Furious movie and everyone raved about it. I thought it was complete garbage. Driving cars through skyscrapers into other skyscrapers in Dubai. That one. Horrible. Would have got 1 star if Paul Walker hadn't of just died.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:09 PM 08-06-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I don't know bros, I saw the last Fast and Furious movie and everyone raved about it. I thought it was complete garbage. Driving cars through skyscrapers into other skyscrapers in Dubai. That one. Horrible. Would have got 1 star if Paul Walker hadn't of just died.
Watching Fast 8 on FX right now.

Good god, these things make the Marvel movies look grounded in reality. They have truly jumped the shark.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:12 PM 08-12-2019
May not make enough money to cover expenses.

It will be on DVD in a month.
[Reply]
JD10367 04:53 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
May not make enough money to cover expenses.

It will be on DVD in a month.
Uhhhh... smoke crack much?

(Box Office Mojo)

'Scary Stories' Leads Newcomers with $20.8M Debut as 'Hobbs & Shaw' Repeats at #1

by Brad Brevet

August 11, 2019

It wasn't as close a race at the top of the weekend box office as we thought it might be heading into the weekend as Universal's Hobbs & Shaw held on much better than expected and easily retained the #1 spot for a second week in a row. As for the weekend's crowd of six new wide releases, CBS Films, eOne and Lionsgate's Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark led the way with nearly $21 million, followed by a decent performance from Paramount's Dora and the Lost City of Gold while Trafalgar's release of Bring the Soul: The Movie appears to have eked its way into the top ten.

Leading the weekend was Hobbs & Shaw for the second weekend in a row. The film held on quite well in its second weekend, dipping just -51% for an estimated $25.4 million sophomore frame and a domestic cume that now stands at $108.5 million.

Internationally, Hobbs & Shaw added another $60.8 million internationally, pushing its overseas cume to $224.1 million for a global tally that now tops $332 million as it enters its second week in release. This week saw the film open in five new markets including a $6.9 million launch in France, a $2.6 million debut in Italy and a $1.6 million opening in Belgium. The film has still yet to open in Korea, where it will debut on August 14, followed by an August 23 launch in China.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:40 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I've felt that way about the series for a long time. I actually cant remember the last one I sat down and watched at the way through in one sitting because it became less about this whole underground racing scene and more about stunts with cars and ridiculous CGI scenarios. A few months ago the first film was on HBO and I turned it on, its pretty funny to see where the focus was at the beginning to what it has turned into.

They still make a shit ton of money with each one so theres obviously a following for it, but it's been lame for me for a long time and I have no urge to pay money to go see the new releases.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:01 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
I've felt that way about the series for a long time. I actually cant remember the last one I sat down and watched at the way through in one sitting because it became less about this whole underground racing scene and more about stunts with cars and ridiculous CGI scenarios. A few months ago the first film was on HBO and I turned it on, its pretty funny to see where the focus was at the beginning to what it has turned into.

They still make a shit ton of money with each one so theres obviously a following for it, but it's been lame for me for a long time and I have no urge to pay money to go see the new releases.
Stealing DVDs lol that's where it all started
[Reply]
jd1020 10:46 AM 08-13-2019
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Stealing DVDs lol that's where it all started
Ya and the big stunts in that movie was driving a Honda civic under a moving semi trailer. Somehow that turned into driving on ice and fighting a submarine with cars.
[Reply]
Fish 11:36 AM 08-13-2019
I quit watching this stupid franchise halfway through the second movie. So dumb.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up