ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Media Center>Classic WoW: Invite to CP Members
BleedingRed 09:37 AM 07-23-2019

So I just wanted to let everyone know that WoW Classic is going to be coming out August 27th, 2019. This will be a chance for people to experience WoW when it was at its greatest (my opinion) Pre-The Burning Crusade. Blizzard is relaunching Legacy Servers.

In the past I have played on Private Server for years, ton of fun many endgame raids and PVP.

That being said me and about 72 players who all have END GAME EXPERIENCE and Thousands of hours in "Vanilla" or "Classic" WoW have already started forming. We are what you would consider a "Toxic Group" by most. When I say Toxic I mean we plan on camping alliance none-stop, raid wiping them, being jackasses on discord etc. But we will also be Semi-Hard Core end game raiders. That being said most people are 30-40 Years old from all walks of life. Should you like to play I wanted to invite you to join our guild. You have have plenty of people to help teach you and guide you along the way, plus you see all endgame PVE Content and guys to always PVP with.

Guild Name:
Faction: Horde
Raid Schedule: Tues/Wed 8 EST-11 EST
PVP: Pre-made Groups & World PVP Raiding

***Please follow the instructions below***
Discord Link:
https://discord.gg/v8x4Sq4

Old Video's from Private Server Days

[Reply]
jd1020 05:57 AM 08-23-2019
Blizzard adding 4 more servers on the 26th after they just added more a couple days ago.

Now they are saying that servers are getting so full that the amount of people might exceed the limits of the queue and it's possible you wont even be put in one.

I would love to compare the launch numbers of classic vs their next expansion.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:28 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Blizzard adding 4 more servers on the 26th after they just added more a couple days ago.

Now they are saying that servers are getting so full that the amount of people might exceed the limits of the queue and it's possible you wont even be put in one.

I would love to compare the launch numbers of classic vs their next expansion.
I wouldnt be shocked if Classic pulls in 1 million+ subscribers. It's going to be hilarious to watch the drop off when kids who werent even born when Classic first launched discover the grind.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:25 AM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I wouldnt be shocked if Classic pulls in 1 million+ subscribers. It's going to be hilarious to watch the drop off when kids who werent even born when Classic first launched discover the grind.
1 million seems way low. They have like 15 servers now and they are all full/high. That's like 15 Tichondrius servers and that server has 750k on it. Of course thats not accounting for currently inactive, multiple chars on one account, one person with multiple accounts, but still. And I'm just talking about NA and not even including Europe which is the same story.

I would be shocked if it wasnt closer to like 3 million. It's certainly going to die down and I would imagine more than half of that number doesnt even make it to purchasing the level 40 mount
[Reply]
kcxiv 03:12 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
that that grind is like a speed bump compared to earlier mmo's! lol
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:07 PM 08-23-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
that that grind is like a speed bump compared to earlier mmo's! lol
For real. That was part of the draw to the original WoW at the time. It was more streamlined and less grindy than say, EverQuest.

WoW made MMORPG's mainstream, partly by making it more desirable to play than an Everquest by making it less of a grind.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:52 PM 08-23-2019
39 classic servers..... as it stand right now and doesn’t count the influx that will happen at least at start.

Let’s say at least 15k per server, that puts population at 500k plus already
[Reply]
BleedingRed 04:53 PM 08-23-2019
Let’s say that population is accurate, blizzard already made 8 million on Classic WoW
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:42 PM 08-24-2019
Is it really Vanilla if you aren't in a 500 person queue for an hour?
[Reply]
kcxiv 11:01 PM 08-24-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
For real. That was part of the draw to the original WoW at the time. It was more streamlined and less grindy than say, EverQuest.

WoW made MMORPG's mainstream, partly by making it more desirable to play than an Everquest by making it less of a grind.
yeah, but i rather play how Everquest used to be during the up until about Planes of Power. Once GoD was "finished" it was alright. Alot of them brutal mechanics in game is what made it fun for me! I dont know how many times i didnt go to bed because i was on corpse runs (i was a necromancer) Sometimes it was a pain in the ass, i would just say fuck sleep! lol I cant do that anymore, well i can, ill just be super tired! I just miss alot of that group interaction. it was fun!.
[Reply]
hometeam 04:59 PM 08-25-2019
So, we have switched, still going to be playing Pagle, but now HORDE~

if anyone else is going that route PM me for a good time~
[Reply]
jd1020 05:11 PM 08-25-2019
Originally Posted by Indian Chief:
Is it really Vanilla if you aren't in a 500 person queue for an hour?
I dont remember being in a queue but I rolled on a medium pop server.

My first character was a gnome on day 1 and I remember a bunch of world server crashes and a ton of lag because of all the people in Dun Morogh and trying to tag that one troll mob in the cave before the other 50 people sitting there doing the same thing. I loved every second of it though. That shit was crazy. And then that first moment I walked up the long windy ramp to the gates of Ironforge I just felt so fucking small.

The whole immersion with feeling like you are actually playing in a massive world has been lost since then. Now everything has a portal to instantly travel where ever you want to go and the addition of flying mounts ruined pretty much everything about the sense of adventure because you just fly over it all to get to your quest and then fly back over it again to turn it in.
[Reply]
jd1020 05:59 AM 08-26-2019
mmo-champion has a poll taking info on server, faction, and language.

Pretty funny to me when looking at the results how all the pvp servers have a horde bias and the pve servers are heavily favoring alliance, considering how fucking broken human racials were in the early days of WoW.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:31 AM 08-26-2019
I just realized that I have to do The Green Hills of Stranglethorn quest again with no AH to bail me out.... I'm skipping it.
[Reply]
jd1020 01:38 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I just realized that I have to do The Green Hills of Stranglethorn quest again with no AH to bail me out.... I'm skipping it.
Scared of a little world pvp? Just have to get in and get out before everyone is level 60 and camping the zone for the arena trinket.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 02:35 PM 08-26-2019
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Scared of a little world pvp? Just have to get in and get out before everyone is level 60 and camping the zone for the arena trinket.
Not scared of PvP, just collecting all those pages and hoping the drops come out. I'm going to be tearing it up tonight as far as I can before I go to bed, maybe a good 7 - 8 hours depending on launch night overpopulation and crashes. Unfortunately my co-worker is out due to his child swallowing a battery, so I can't take time off so I have to make the best with what I got. I might burst out of the scene quick, but I'll be lucky to get to mid teens tonight and likely questing in Barrens before I go to bed. Hopefully get max level by this weekend since I have a four day one.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up