Burt Reynolds
Timothy Olyphant
Michael Madsen
Tim Roth
Dewey Crow as Manson

This is going to be one epic movie.

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:23 PM 07-30-2019
Just watched it. Thought it was decent, but not great. Everything with Cliff Booth was awesome and compelling. the Rick Dalton stuff was just flat to me.

That last 20 or so minutes was superb though.
[Reply]
scho63 06:54 AM 07-31-2019
Amazing how people are seeing the last 20 minutes-it's like the fork in the road
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:44 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by scho63:
Amazing how people are seeing the last 20 minutes-it's like the fork in the road
I think there were two parts to the last twenty minutes:

1/ the alternate historical ending, which you had to expect given the build-up and the fact that you were at a Tarantino movie
2/ the sheer violence of it all, which actually seemed tame given the gruesome nature of the actual murders (and also something to be expected in a Tarantino movie)

I found it remarkably satisfying. It was exactly what I wanted to see at the end of it. Some want more cowbell, and others want more flamethrower.

I liked the movie for what it was, and I look forward to seeing it again in two years once it's more hazy in my mind.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:44 PM 07-31-2019
Heh, just figured out that 1970s Spideman played Sam Wanamaker. Nicholas Hammond. Was wondering who that was while watching.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:13 PM 07-31-2019
Hahahah

SPOILER: IF YOUVE SEEN ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD WATCH THIS. IF YOU HAVENT...

...WATCH ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD pic.twitter.com/MqzRkRMLzh

— ZODIAC MOTHERFUCKER (@ZODIAC_MF) July 31, 2019

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:38 PM 07-31-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Hahahah

Tarantino likes his details. :-)
[Reply]
DeepPurple 02:43 PM 08-01-2019
Originally Posted by :
Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Saw some interviews with him where he talked about the movie being a love letter to his home town.
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
You don't need to hear him say that to know it.

I've been teaching screenwriting in Chicago all summer, and was kind of nervous about heading back to LA. What if I'd fallen out of love with it?

Watched this movie in 70mm at the Music Box, and I couldn't be more excited to go home.

Lots and lots and lots of people have tried to make a movie about the movies. There is always a layer of artifice to it that you cannot escape. Not with this one. It's just everything there is to love about Hollywood. Not Los Angeles - Hollywood. LA is a city. Hollywood is a state of being...

I ****ing LOVE it.
A movie about movies that I believe is absolutely perfect is The Player. I've seen it at five times and can still watch it again. It's got the scenery, the story, the acting, the backstabbing, the intrigue, murder and love.

A film about the City of LA, without a doubt it's Chinatown. It's style, music, acting, the story, everything about that town rolled into one. Since the 70's I've probably watched it 40 times. Have it recorded right now along with The Player.

[Reply]
el borracho 10:51 PM 08-08-2019
Rambling and pointless. Then again, I am not a huge Tarantino fan. Soundtrack is cool. Everything else is a bore.
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:27 PM 08-12-2019
Originally Posted by el borracho:
Rambling and pointless. Then again, I am not a huge Tarantino fan. Soundtrack is cool. Everything else is a bore.
I agree. I saw it this weekend. My earlier post was about QT's movies being packed with stars but never go anywhere. Same with this one.

This never went anywhere and the ending was pretty bad. Great acting, amazing sets (he nailed the Hollywood look) but many scenes were pointless and painfully slow.

It would have been much better if he would have stuck to history and made it a true crime film. The fairy tale flamethrower shit was pretty out there, to say the least. I think the stars did their best with a very weak script and a movie without a true vision of what it was supposed to be. C -
[Reply]
Halfcan 04:31 PM 08-12-2019
BTW

Making Bruce Lee a caricature of himself and getting his ass kicked by Pitt was very stupid.

One reason I wanted to see this "film" was for the Bruce scenes and they were as ridiculous and far-fetched as the rest of the movie. He made him into a joke.
[Reply]
FAX 11:10 PM 08-14-2019
The beautiful and witty Mrs. FAX loved this movie.

I, on the other hand, just felt sad ... pretty much from the beginning all the way to the end. For me, this was a very sad film. Depressing, actually.

FAX
[Reply]
O.city 08:32 PM 08-16-2019
Loved it

The Leo scene in his trailer had me rolling. “8 whiskey sours, why can’t you only have 3 or 4 you fucking alcoholic”

Then Pitt in the end scene.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:50 PM 08-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
Loved it

The Leo scene in his trailer had me rolling. “8 whiskey sours, why can’t you only have 3 or 4 you ****ing alcoholic”

Then Pitt in the end scene.
Pitt made the movie for me. Cliff Booth for life!
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:30 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
BTW

Making Bruce Lee a caricature of himself and getting his ass kicked by Pitt was very stupid.

I thought you would like to read the article that I wrote for @THR about Quentin Tarantino’s film: Once Upon a Time in Hollywood regarding the films portrayal of Bruce Leehttps://t.co/DDMnR7wdIL

— Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (@kaj33) August 16, 2019

[Reply]
Sorry 11:36 AM 08-17-2019
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
I get that article but it's told be a guy who has high reverance (so) for Bruce Lee.i understand the big bold all American looking Brad pitt destroys the Asian Bruce Lee can hold some old hollywood racial tropes...but that was kinda the point in ONCE UPON a time in Hollywood.

Wasn't Brad Pitts character a former solder and he was obviously highly trained and even killed his wife? Size matters in physical confrontations.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 22
« First < 51112131415 16171819 > Last »
Up