Tim Roth
Dewey Crow as Manson

This is going to be one epic movie.

[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:14 PM 07-29-2019
Originally Posted by Pennywise:
Ouch.

https://observer.com/2019/07/once-up...bbie-rex-reed/
If you dismiss Audie Murphy as a 'forgotten Hollywood name' you are a bad American.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:46 PM 07-29-2019
QT has stated he's only doing 10 movies, right? Well, this one kind of felt like it should have been his farewell project to me, if that's the case.
[Reply]
Predarat 09:18 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
QT has stated he's only doing 10 movies, right? Well, this one kind of felt like it should have been his farewell project to me, if that's the case.
Would the Star Trek film count? Also he counts the Kill Bill series as 1 so a Kill Bill 3 could be worked into that as well.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:51 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Saw some interviews with him where he talked about the movie being a love letter to his home town.
You don't need to hear him say that to know it.

I've been teaching screenwriting in Chicago all summer, and was kind of nervous about heading back to LA. What if I'd fallen out of love with it?

Watched this movie in 70mm at the Music Box, and I couldn't be more excited to go home.

Lots and lots and lots of people have tried to make a movie about the movies. There is always a layer of artifice to it that you cannot escape. Not with this one. It's just everything there is to love about Hollywood. Not Los Angeles - Hollywood. LA is a city. Hollywood is a state of being.

Thankfully, the other film faculty here is a bunch of crazy smart European and Lebanese filmmakers from Columbia University, so having a conversation about movies is like talking food with a Michelin star chef.

Last night, one of the directing faculty and I were having drinks, he looks at me and says "The more time I spend away from that movie..." and I finish his sentence:

The more you love it.

Yep.

I have to see it a couple more times to know what I think. Right now, I suspect it is Tarantino's opus. I'm not sure. Have to think about it. But I don't need time to know how I feel:

I fucking LOVE it.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:54 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Read a review that said it’s EVERYTHING you ever wanted it to be... right up until the last 20 minutes

Which will be good enough to earn my $10
That person doesn't understand how storytelling works.
[Reply]
underEJ 11:25 AM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
Tarantino's work always has a level of intricately woven connections to the storytelling, and in this case the real world incident that is woven into his characters' paths is already very Tarantino like in it's crazy connections. I thought it worked beautifully.
[Reply]
dirk digler 12:29 PM 07-30-2019
We went and saw it Sunday and I thought it was just ok with the last 20 minutes as being awesome while the previous 2 hrs was a completely different movie IMHO.
[Reply]
JD10367 12:56 PM 07-30-2019
It was okay. Not horrible, not great. As usual, Tarantino‘s greatest strength—overlong scenes and wandering dialogue—is also his greatest weakness. The western scene went on too long, and the whole “Margot Robbie going into the theater to watch herself” didn’t even need to be in the movie at all.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:38 PM 07-30-2019
For what it’s worth, your previous post sold me... gonna check it out tomorrow night

Although I did hear that Bruce Lee’s family is very unhappy with how he was portrayed as some arrogant jerk... SHAME ON YOU QUENTIN
[Reply]
srvy 04:43 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by JD10367:
It was okay. Not horrible, not great. As usual, Tarantino‘s greatest strength—overlong scenes and wandering dialogue—is also his greatest weakness. The western scene went on too long, and the whole “Margot Robbie going into the theater to watch herself” didn’t even need to be in the movie at all.
Yeah it was ok about middle of the pack of my favorite QT movies.

Maybe The Irishman will make up for my disappointment here.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:50 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
For what it’s worth, your previous post sold me... gonna check it out tomorrow night

Although I did hear that Bruce Lee’s family is very unhappy with how he was portrayed as some arrogant jerk... SHAME ON YOU QUENTIN
The scene where Mike Tyson kicked his ass was unnecessary. :-)
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:01 PM 07-30-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The scene where Mike Tyson kicked his ass was unnecessary. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
KCUnited 05:17 PM 07-30-2019
I totally thought about CP during the Bruce Lee part and chuckled.
[Reply]
EPodolak 06:08 PM 07-30-2019
I've heard that missing the point - complaint in other places. QT's story about storytelling needed to end just like it did.
[Reply]
vailpass 06:41 PM 07-30-2019
You don't need to hear him say that to know it.

I've been teaching screenwriting in Chicago all summer, and was kind of nervous about heading back to LA. What if I'd fallen out of love with it?

Watched this movie in 70mm at the Music Box, and I couldn't be more excited to go home.

Lots and lots and lots of people have tried to make a movie about the movies. There is always a layer of artifice to it that you cannot escape. Not with this one. It's just everything there is to love about Hollywood. Not Los Angeles - Hollywood. LA is a city. Hollywood is a state of being.

Thankfully, the other film faculty here is a bunch of crazy smart European and Lebanese filmmakers from Columbia University, so having a conversation about movies is like talking food with a Michelin star chef.

Last night, one of the directing faculty and I were having drinks, he looks at me and says "The more time I spend away from that movie..." and I finish his sentence:

The more you love it.

Yep.

I have to see it a couple more times to know what I think. Right now, I suspect it is Tarantino's opus. I'm not sure. Have to think about it. But I don't need time to know how I feel:

I ****ing LOVE it.
:-)

I’m sorry man, this post just makes me laugh.
[Reply]
Page 14 of 22
« First < 41011121314 15161718 > Last »
Up