ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Media Center>Preacher...
unlurking 06:23 PM 10-30-2015
Mentioned in the bigger comic book thread, but figure it probably deserves it's own thread.

[Reply]
Frosty 07:42 AM 08-02-2016
So, what was the deal with the indian and the furry in the finale? Did I miss them earlier in the show? They just seemed to come out of nowhere.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:02 AM 08-02-2016
Originally Posted by Frosty:
So, what was the deal with the indian and the furry in the finale? Did I miss them earlier in the show? They just seemed to come out of nowhere.
They've somewhere in the background of every episode, never explained, just present.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:03 AM 08-02-2016
The Indian was the original school mascot (The Savages) the furry was the new more PC mascot. There were a few signs in the show that read "Save The Savages" in reference to that character. Deeper meaning there maybe but never really developed.
[Reply]
Frosty 11:05 AM 08-02-2016
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
The Indian was the original school mascot (The Savages) the furry was the new more PC mascot. There were a few signs in the show that read "Save The Savages" in reference to that character. Deeper meaning there maybe but never really developed.
I guess I should pay more attention. Thanks.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 12:02 PM 08-02-2016
I guess I should pay more attention. Thanks.
It was a "blink and you will miss it" plot point. Never added to the main story line, just sort of there and weird for weirdness sake.
[Reply]
BigRichard 01:11 PM 08-02-2016
Originally Posted by KC_Lee:
It was a "blink and you will miss it" plot point. Never added to the main story line, just sort of there and weird for weirdness sake.
I think there is a lot of that in this show, not that I mind. The wife and I are kinda in to it. Enough so that I will watch again next season.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 01:13 PM 08-02-2016
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I think there is a lot of that in this show, not that I mind. The wife and I are kinda in to it. Enough so that I will watch again next season.
Don't get me wrong, I really like the show. There are some issues that need to be tightened up with the writing but that's the case for almost every show out there trying to do something different.

Looking forward to season 2 and the road trip to find God.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:58 PM 08-03-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
The show took a pretty hard turn from the graphic novel, but frankly if they were to do this on any platform other than an HBO type of platform, they had to. WAY too much over the top shit, even for AMC, but they are doing a hell of a job with it. I've looked forward to every episode so far.
after the season finale I watched talking preacher...never watched it before....
they said that the comic BEGINS where season 1 left off....Tulip, Cassidy and Preacher going to find God...and kick his ass if he doesn't want help. lol

I've refused to look up anything about the comic...I love this show so damn much...my fav thing on TV right now...and I don't care. i don't wanna know about the comic so I can be surprised by everything. (I had read much of the TWD comics and it kinda ruined some of the show for me)

PS - interestingly enough they mentioned in talking preacher that in the comics you never even see preacher preach! so they wanted to set up the characters for the viewers and then begin.... nicely done IMO

so anyways....you are obviously familiar with the comics.
do you agree with the talking preacher assessment that season 1 was just a setup to begin season 2 where the comics begin....or is there more to it than that?
[Reply]
KC_Lee 02:21 PM 08-03-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
after the season finale I watched talking preacher...never watched it before....
they said that the comic BEGINS where season 1 left off....Tulip, Cassidy and Preacher going to find God...and kick his ass if he doesn't want help. lol

I've refused to look up anything about the comic...I love this show so damn much...my fav thing on TV right now...and I don't care. i don't wanna know about the comic so I can be surprised by everything. (I had read much of the TWD comics and it kinda ruined some of the show for me)

PS - interestingly enough they mentioned in talking preacher that in the comics you never even see preacher preach! so they wanted to set up the characters for the viewers and then begin.... nicely done IMO

so anyways....you are obviously familiar with the comics.
do you agree with the talking preacher assessment that season 1 was just a setup to begin season 2 where the comics begin....or is there more to it than that?
I liked season 1 but in reality it could have been 4 - 5 episodes long just to get to the same place. As far as the comics go I have a passing familiarity with them, did some research before the show started on line.

Season 1 was a set up but why spend so much time on characters the basically died via a nuclear fart? Not sure why they went this route but looking forward to season 2.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:19 PM 10-22-2016
I'd start a condolence thread for the co-creator of Preacher, Steve Dillon, if I thought cosmo could refrain from shitting it up.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/preacher-co-c...-54-1788102990
[Reply]
vailpass 03:18 PM 10-25-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'd start a condolence thread for the co-creator of Preacher, Steve Dillon, if I thought cosmo could refrain from shitting it up.

Oh that sucks. I hope it doesn't hurt the show any.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:39 AM 04-03-2017

Love Dixie's Midnight Runners
[Reply]
Bowser 08:19 AM 04-03-2017
Lol, nice. Looking forward to it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:57 AM 04-03-2017
Outstanding.

This was one of my favorite shows last year.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:09 AM 04-03-2017
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:

:-)
[Reply]
Page 9 of 16
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up