ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Media Center>Preacher...
unlurking 06:23 PM 10-30-2015
Mentioned in the bigger comic book thread, but figure it probably deserves it's own thread.

[Reply]
Rausch 04:42 AM 06-07-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Another episode, another Johnny Cash cover [Rusty Chain].

Gotta be honest, I'm intrigued but not wowed yet. Ruth Negga is easy on the eyes [liked her since she was in Misfits with Ramsey Bolton]. Cassidy has potential as a Mick version of Buffy's Spike. But that's the thing, I feel like I'm watching a casserole. Everything's a mix of genres and archetypes, but I see the source material more than the new ground thus far. Even the 'Genesis' reminds me of the asteroid from 'You, Me and the End of the World' earlier this year. Hopefully it bakes into something decent.
I liked how the comic began much better but I see their point about having to introduce it to general audiences.

And there were a lot of great actors in Misfits. I'm surprised Robert Sheehan hasn't gotten more work here in the states...
[Reply]
unlurking 06:18 AM 06-07-2016
Another episode, another Johnny Cash cover [Rusty Chain].

Gotta be honest, I'm intrigued but not wowed yet. Ruth Negga is easy on the eyes [liked her since she was in Misfits with Ramsey Bolton]. Cassidy has potential as a Mick version of Buffy's Spike. But that's the thing, I feel like I'm watching a casserole. Everything's a mix of genres and archetypes, but I see the source material more than the new ground thus far. Even the 'Genesis' reminds me of the asteroid from 'You, Me and the End of the World' earlier this year. Hopefully it bakes into something decent.
Hated Buffy. Cassidy is already better than anything on that craptastic, overrated shitshow. :-)

Not sure what you mean with the rest of this? I enjoyed You, Me and the End of the World, but I don't see any similarity. The story was a pretty good mix of different genres, but settled down quite a bit once all the main characters were introduced.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:30 AM 06-07-2016
Originally Posted by Rausch:
I liked how the comic began much better but I see their point about having to introduce it to general audiences.

And there were a lot of great actors in Misfits. I'm surprised Robert Sheehan hasn't gotten more work here in the states...
I can't imagine what it's like for someone who hasn't read the source material. They are introducing the characters much faster than the comics, but still much slower than a typical TV series.
[Reply]
Rausch 07:02 AM 06-07-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I can't imagine what it's like for someone who hasn't read the source material. They are introducing the characters much faster than the comics, but still much slower than a typical TV series.
When I read it I immediately thought of a Johnny Cash soundtrack.

The man in black.

Also, in the 2 eps so far I've counted 3 references to Stephen King...
[Reply]
unlurking 07:30 AM 06-07-2016
When I read it I immediately thought of a Johnny Cash soundtrack.

The man in black.

Also, in the 2 eps so far I've counted 3 references to Stephen King...
Yeah, I love the use of Cash songs. Hope it continues.

Didn't catch the King references, what were they? I pretty much missed Raina, Stark, and Rorschach too until people pointed them out in this thread. Raina and Stark are insanely obvious, and I have no idea how I missed them!
[Reply]
Rausch 08:37 AM 06-07-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:

Didn't catch the King references, what were they?
I'm sure some youtube guy will put out a top 10 on that at some point.

:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 08:48 AM 06-07-2016
I'm sure some youtube guy will put out a top 10 on that at some point.

:-)
I assume you guys caught the FNL reference as well.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:21 AM 06-07-2016
Fuck. No.

Regale me...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:23 AM 06-07-2016
Fuck. No.

Regale me...
I've erased the episode, but if you still have it go back to the sermon he gave in the pilot.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:31 AM 06-07-2016
I've erased the episode, but if you still have it go back to the sermon he gave in the pilot.
Ah, the Cowboys. Yeah, that's not much of an easter egg...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:33 AM 06-07-2016
That's why 'I assume'd.
[Reply]
Rausch 09:45 AM 06-07-2016
That's why 'I assume'd.
You've been doing that a lot today.

You tired?...
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:15 AM 06-07-2016
You've been doing that a lot today.

You tired?...
WTF?

I was just saying that I phrased my initial observation 'I assume you guys caught . . .' to indicate that it wasn't a mind-blowing observation, in keeping with your subsequent assessment.

Fuck. No.

Regale me...
That's why 'I assume'd.

I was trying to be agreeable.

Fuck me, man.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:37 AM 06-07-2016
I was trying to be agreeable.

**** me, man.
Calm down Nancy, I'm giving you $3it.

You're one of the 20 or so I still have respect for on here.

And to be honest, a great deal of respect for.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06-07-2016, 10:52 AM
This message has been deleted by Baby Lee. Reason: Intended already saw
Rausch 10:55 AM 06-07-2016
Seems like this place has turned into camps of either hair triggers or howler monkeys.
These things happen.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 16
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up