ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Le' Veon take over as RB1?
Megatron96 12:43 PM 10-26-2020
So, at what point does Bell become the RB1?

I think there's a real possibility of it, and in the very near future.

Think about it: CEH wasn't supposed to be the RB1 this season anyway. He was supposed to back up Damien, and learn some things about how to be a professional, get some good practical reps throughout the season, and most importantly, be fresh for the playoffs.

Damien opting out is why CEH became the starter. But because of the drop off in performance between Clyde and Darrel/Thompson, Andy was using Clyde a lot. Maybe too much. The possibility of CEH hitting the Rookie wall was becoming more of a probability fwith each passing game.

Now Bell can provide all of those things listed above, while keeping Clyde on a kind of pitch count so that he's as fresh as possible come January.

Bell is a true top-tier 3-down back that can run, receive, and is one of the best pass protection backs on the field today. And this is the big selling point, IMO. One thing that I noticed yesterday was just how many times Patrick was getting hit. Bell's presence in the backfield should mitigate some of those hits.

And then there's his on-field presence. Defenses are going to have to approach him with more respect, simply because that's Le' Veon Bell. That aspect alone means that defenses won't be able to just come after Patrick as much, which means he should get hit less.

And we need Patrick to stay upright more, especially down the stretch so that he's fresh as possible for the playoffs.

And let's be honest: Bell is gone after this season. Andy has 8 weeks plus the playoffs to get the most out this deal, to exploit it and get everything he can from Bell before he loses him. And Bell needs to showcase his abilities and prove that he's not only still an elite RB but also that he's a good teammate, on a big stage down the stretch so that he can leverage a big contract in 2021.

The more I think about it, the more sense this makes.

I'm not saying it will happen, because I'm not on Andy's speed dial obviously, but I am saying that Andy should be considering it.

Anyway, where does CP stand on this idea?

Go ahead and flame away.:-)
[Reply]
PHOG 01:26 PM 10-26-2020
Maybe more like CEH RB1, Bell RB1A
[Reply]
Dunerdr 01:29 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He has 1 drop.
I thought he had one this week and last. But last week may have been a poor throw.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:33 PM 10-26-2020
Yourself. Kill it.
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:34 PM 10-26-2020
OMG GUYS HENNE SCORED A TD ON A BOOTLEG RUN SO WHAT IF WE GIVE PMII A REST AND USE HENNE IS GOAL LINE SITUASHUNS>....FTW>.....!!!!>!>1.11111
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:35 PM 10-26-2020
Honestly, I liked how Henne got the ball out. I see what the coaches like about him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:42 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I thought he had one this week and last. But last week may have been a poor throw.
He has one credited drop, against Denver.
[Reply]
wazu 01:50 PM 10-26-2020
I think I'd rather make him the TE2.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 02:06 PM 10-26-2020
to the OP:

:-)

NO.

On the subject of Bell-how long and how much will the Jets be paying him? Like does all his guaranteed money come right now, or does it spread out over another season or two? It'd be sweet to have him again in '21 but I know we can't pay him what he'll be looking for.

You need a couple of guys. They'll complement each other well.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:07 PM 10-26-2020
Damien opting out was irrelevant. CEH was the starter the day he was drafted. Bell doesn't change that.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:10 PM 10-26-2020
Who’s RB3 ?

Darwin or Williams?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Who’s RB3 ?

Darwin or Williams?
Williams.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 02:18 PM 10-26-2020

[Reply]
Shields68 02:22 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Better question about backs is do we try to keep Bell, or go back to Damien Williams next year?

It would require Bell valuing winning over being THE guy, and not looking for huge money.

If he were open to that Id move on from Damien, but I kinda think this is going to be Bell using KC as a launch pad for a new deal somewhere else while picking up a ring in the process.
Personally I believe Damien is looking to be paid and will do what he can to force a trade. Bell is sort of a wild card, I see him wanting 1 more long term payday. So there is a good chance we don't have either. But that is ok, not sure you can tie up too much cap space in backup RB's.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:22 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Personally I believe Damien is looking to be paid and will do what he can to force a trade.
Based on what?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:28 PM 10-26-2020
Can’t we just be happy that we have both and not worry about who is the guy or isn’t? That’s how issues come along.

They’re both going to play and produce as we saw yesterday. They’ll both play a pivotal role hopefully in repeating as champions.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up