ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Nzoner's Game Room>Jags RB Armstead expected to miss rest of season due to COVID
tk13 12:09 PM 10-26-2020
I think this is the first case we've seen of someone having long term issues. Apparently had to be hospitalized a second time. He was supposed to be the guy when they cut Fournette.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ss-rest-season

Originally Posted by :
Sources: Jacksonville Jaguars RB Ryquell Armstead still battling COVID-19, expected to miss rest of season

Adam Schefter
ESPN Senior Writer

While most NFL players have recovered quickly from COVID-19, Jacksonville Jaguars running back Ryquell Armstead has not.

Armstead, who some within the Jacksonville organization thought would replace Leonard Fournette as the starting running back, is not expected to play again this season because of symptoms that he has suffered while battling COVID-19, league sources told ESPN.

Armstead has been hospitalized twice and has suffered from a variety of complications connected to the virus, including significant respiratory issues, and has been hit harder than some expected.

Jacksonville placed Armstead on the reserve/COVID-19 list twice this season -- the second time coming during the first week in September, when head coach Doug Marrone said he couldn't "put an exact timetable" on Armstead's recovery but noted that "he'll be out a while."

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:38 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Eureka:
So this is something Genetic or he kissed a highly infectious woman which gave him a high viral load? How could he not get over while others could? Anybody know/guess?

Obviously he's in great physical shape. Hope he recovers ASAP.
I've heard that certain blood types are effected more...but who knows? It will all come out in 10 years.
[Reply]
Lzen 02:38 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
You'd hope this would quiet the dumbasses in this country who think this is just a flu and anybody in good health will be just fine, unfortunately I doubt that's the case. Best of wishes to him in his recovery.
It's definitely a thing and not the flu. But it still is very rare for a young person, especially one who is in tip-top shape like a pro athlete, to have anything more than mild symptoms.

I still wonder if genetics play a large role in this, as well.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:39 PM 10-26-2020
The guy I know in Sweden who used to run 10ks but then got knocked out by covid thinks he's back to about 80% - 6 months later. He said he's been able to exercise - but his lungs hurt like hell the next day.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:39 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
he'll be fine but the covid ain't no joke. most likely had asthma or lung issue.

still - i'd rather be 35 and get covid than 75 and get the flu. and it isn't even close.
No shit & I'm closer to 75 than 35!
[Reply]
Marcellus 05:22 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
The guy I know in Sweden who used to run 10ks but then got knocked out by covid thinks he's back to about 80% - 6 months later. He said he's been able to exercise - but his lungs hurt like hell the next day.
6.2 whole miles eh? Impressive.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:55 PM 10-26-2020
Where the hell is Donger on this story?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:56 PM 10-26-2020
I was told its NBD since 99% of the population survives
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:12 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
:-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:52 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
You know that thing where you're supposed to not be a stupid bitch and leave DC bullshit in DC?

You're not doing it.
[Reply]
loochy 05:59 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
You know that thing where you're supposed to not be a stupid bitch and leave DC bullshit in DC?

You're not doing it.
What? Donger has been like a fly on poop regarding all things corona, even in the Lounge.

@Donger #Donger - does this forum do "mentions"?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:07 AM 10-27-2020
James Robinson's fantasy value is threw the roof right now!
[Reply]
RealSNR 06:22 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
What? Donger has been like a fly on poop regarding all things corona, even in the Lounge.

@Donger #Donger - does this forum do "mentions"?
Link?
[Reply]
loochy 06:39 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Link?

You really want me to go back into threads and quote his repeated insertions?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:16 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
You really want me to go back into threads and quote his repeated insertions?
If you want to find Dongers insertions by all means but I don't wanna know about it.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:46 AM 10-27-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
James Robinson's fantasy value is threw the roof right now!
That guy is saving my team. I picked him up off the scrap heap.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up