ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Guess the Jets vs Chiefs spread
BWillie 05:16 PM 10-25-2020
It has to be at least -17. At home at Arrowhead.

We keep covering these huge spreads like nobody's business.

Rest Mahomes for this game? What is the point in risking injury against one of the worst teams of all time?
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:35 PM 10-26-2020
I can’t see the New York Jets being able to put up much of a fight or be competitive at all. Not from any side of the ball. And I don’t know what good it does to run our offense at a level slow enough to keep the Jets in it. If I were Andy I want to get as many of My starters off the field as quickly as possible for this game. So I would hope that Greg Williams the DC who has a record of blitzing, would be silly enough to do so, so that I could score a bunch of points in a hurry in the first half and then start pulling all of my starters.

If Andy was thinking along the same lines, I would imagine that he would set the bar around 40 points. Score 40, then start pulling everyone out of the game. There’s absolutely no reason to drag this one out.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 03:38 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It has to be at least -17. At home at Arrowhead.

We keep covering these huge spreads like nobody's business.

Rest Mahomes for this game? What is the point in risking injury against one of the worst teams of all time?
Not that I'm afraid of the Jets, but Chad Henne looks VERY mediocre. We should at least build a lead first before putting him on the field.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I can’t see the New York Jets being able to put up much of a fight or be competitive at all. Not from any side of the ball. And I don’t know what good it does to run our offense at a level slow enough to keep the Jets in it. If I were Andy I want to get as many of My starters off the field as quickly as possible for this game. So I would hope that Greg Williams the DC who has a record of blitzing, would be silly enough to do so, so that I could score a bunch of points in a hurry in the first half and then start pulling all of my starters.

If Andy was thinking along the same lines, I would imagine that he would set the bar around 40 points. Score 40, then start pulling everyone out of the game. There’s absolutely no reason to drag this one out.
Good point about Williams.

Maybe not a bad idea to try and score a couple early TD's and then coast.
[Reply]
lcarus 03:41 PM 10-26-2020
Hopefully the Chiefs don't overlook the Jets. It's the NFL. You never know what could happen. I remember the Chiefs beating the 13-0 Packers in 2011. It was the season Haley was fired and Crennel was interim head coach. That game probably got Romeo hired the next season. The Chiefs were bad that year. We beat them with a steady dose of Thomas Jones and Jackie Battle. Kyle Orton was the QB. We weren't as bad as the Jets but still....
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 03:43 PM 10-26-2020
The only thing that worries me about this game is Gregg Williams

He’s going to coach his team to try to injure mahomes. Zero doubt in my mind. We should be running the ball almost every play.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 03:44 PM 10-26-2020
Step on Sams neck early. Get a lead and break their spirit early.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:52 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Hopefully the Chiefs don't overlook the Jets. It's the NFL. You never know what could happen. I remember the Chiefs beating the 13-0 Packers in 2011. It was the season Haley was fired and Crennel was interim head coach. That game probably got Romeo hired the next season. The Chiefs were bad that year. We beat them with a steady dose of Thomas Jones and Jackie Battle. Kyle Orton was the QB. We weren't as bad as the Jets but still....
They're not going to overlook the Jets. This team just isn't like that.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 04:17 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:

He’s going to coach his team to try to injure mahomes. Zero doubt in my mind. We should be running the ball almost every play.
ooo. did not know that dirt bag was there.

How is he still allowed to coach?
[Reply]
Bob Dole 04:21 PM 10-26-2020
Largest spread in franchise history.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 04:28 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
The Jets hung in there with Buffalo yesterday. I believe KC is better than Buffalo, but Buffalo is still a team that should have creamed NY. So don't take any win for granted.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:42 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire:

Just another really good reason to score fast and often, get up by a bunch, so Andy can get Mahomes/Kelce/Hill and maybe even Fisher and a couple other starters off the field quickly. Don't take the chance that Williams might have his players try to put a hurt on our key players. Because he wouldn't hesitate to do so if he thought he could win by doing it.

And there's no comparison between BUF and the Chiefs, IMO. Josh Allen has trouble with the blitz and zone coverages. Mahomes excels in those situations. If Gregg tries to blitz and play zone behind it, Patrick & crew should carve him up easily.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:57 PM 10-26-2020
If I’m not mistaken, good chance Danna returns Sunday. It’s been 3 games on the IR now for him.

I bet we get Sneed back after the bye for the Raiders, too.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:57 PM 10-26-2020
Sam Darnold is a bust.

I've been saying this for 3 years now.

I said this before he got drafted.

I said this when he was at USC putting up bad stats but ohhh he has a big arm.

Yes. Look at me look at me. I was right. Look at me.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:58 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If I’m not mistaken, good chance Danna returns Sunday. It’s been 3 games on the IR now for him.

I bet we get Sneed back after the bye for the Raiders, too.
Ohhh baby...Sneed, Fenton, Breeland, Ward. I honestly think Sneed and Fenton should be CB1 and CB2 towards the end of the year if they continue to play how they have.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:06 PM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Ohhh baby...Sneed, Fenton, Breeland, Ward. I honestly think Sneed and Fenton should be CB1 and CB2 towards the end of the year if they continue to play how they have.
I’m sure it will all sort itself out, good problem to have. I think Breeland is playing good football.

Ward had a better day yesterday at least...
[Reply]
Page 6 of 8
« First < 23456 78 >
Up