ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 161
« First < 61111151157158159160161
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Defending Super Bowl Champions Kansas City Chiefs vs Denver Broncos****
Titty Meat 11:00 PM 10-24-2020
Fuck Donk 4 ever
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:06 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Andy needs to pull his playbook out from the season where Smith didnt throw a TD to a WR...have Mahomes implement the "death by a 1000 paper cuts" aspect into his game.

If they want to keep dropping those safeties 20 yards back...Bell and CEH screen game them to death.
I think that's what they're doing game by game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:06 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Can you tell me what the Chiefs 3rd down yards per play or shit even conversion percentage is during Mahomes tenure? Look at only 3rd and 6+ in other words situations that the defense knowz you are 100% passing the ball. What you'll find is its still much much greater than running the ball.

What conclusion can we come to from this? Even if a defense KNOWS your passing the ball it still yields more yards per play and points expected than running.
Here you go again with numbers absent context.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:07 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Sannyasi:
The Chiefs offense has actually been more efficient this year than last year on a per drive basis. I don't know what the number is after this week, but as of last week we were scoring 2.45 points per drive compared to 2.25 points per drive, and that's even with the missed extra point shenanigans. Also the improved TOP is undoubtedly helping our defense stay fresh as well.

I love watching Mahomes sling it more than anything but it might not actually be the best way to win games. We're undoubtedly better taking a more balanced approach. I have no doubt there will be games where we finally face some tough competition and may need to rely on some Mahomes magic but it would be great if we could make the load as light for him as possible.
:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:01 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yes, when Mahomes and the passing game are going well, they’re tougher to beat because they can score more points that way and build bigger leads/put teams away.
sure, but as it's already been said several times, that's not going to work when a defense is dropping 8, rushing 3 and getting pressure.

It's still football. Like, actual football, not Madden.

The question used to be-Tyreek Hill, Sammy Watkins, Travis Kelce, who do you double? who do you man up on?

And the answer was pick your poison and swallow it.

The question this season is different because opposing defenses have changed their approach.

Now it's Can you run the ball and beat us? Can you beat us with dink and dunk and being patient?

And the answer so far is: Sure. We can do that. Eat a dick.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:06 AM 10-26-2020
And also let's be clear-

There were TD's left on the board each of the last two weeks when Patrick just didn't see somebody running wide open.

There have been some execution problems and fumbles at inopportune times.

Clyde dropped a TD that ended up as a field goal.

The O-line is 60% new guys. It's going to be a little bit before they gel. They are much more physical at the point of attack, so I'm totally willing to be patient with it.

And we still won two road games, in shitty weather and this week by like eleventy billion points.

So yeah, it's not perfect. But it's pretty damned impressive, and we're right were we need to be.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:08 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
And also let's be clear-

There were TD's left on the board each of the last two weeks when Patrick just didn't see somebody running wide open.

The O-line is 60% new guys. It's going to be a little bit before they gel. They are much more physical at the point of attack, so I'm totally willing to be patient with it.

And we still won two road games, in shitty weather and this week by like eleventy billion points.

So yeah, it's not perfect. But it's pretty damned impressive, and we're right were we need to be.
[Reply]
Pants 09:09 AM 10-26-2020

And the answer so far is: Sure. We can do that. Eat a dick.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:40 PM 10-26-2020
And also let's be clear-

Very much this.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:46 PM 10-26-2020
This team reminds me a lot of Andy's 2015/2016 Chiefs.

Efficient offense, good running game, defense that gives up some yards but gets turnovers, sacks and stops, doesn't allow a lot of points.

And more than anything, they do not make stupid mistakes that get them beat. Both from the QB position and just in general.

Except on this team, Mahomes can go super Saiyan at any time, as he did against Baltimore.

It's a deadly combination.
[Reply]
O.city 12:47 PM 10-26-2020
A lot of the film breakdowns from yesterday aren’t kind to the OL. Denver wasn’t dropping and playing coverage as much as some of the previous teams did. Chiefs had some chances for big plays down the field just couldn’t connect

Should be fine going forward if they can get those things cleaned up
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:54 PM 10-26-2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:59 PM 10-26-2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:03 PM 10-26-2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:12 PM 10-26-2020

[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:28 PM 10-26-2020

[Reply]