ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Halloween season, what movie you currently watching or always watch or will watch
CarlosCarson27 08:42 PM 10-23-2020
Funny, Scarry, dumb, old,. New. Just any October horror flicks

Right now on TCM is the Blob. With Steve McQeen.1958

And after that ,1959.. THE TINGLER, with Vincent Price. Dun dun dunnnn
[Reply]
Why Not? 06:26 AM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Heh. I think that shit would have given me nightmares at 9, but it's a different world now. He probably sees worse shit than that in video games.
Oh yeah. I also think it depends on the kid. My 11 year old son hates anything scary or violent. The 9 year old loves scary/monster movies. I was kinda like that as a kid. My parents let me watch most horror movies and I used to scare the shit out of myself by staying up late and watching the VHS of “Silver Bullet”. Lol. I would rent that movie almost every other weekend. Loved it.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:42 AM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Oh yeah. I also think it depends on the kid. My 11 year old son hates anything scary or violent. The 9 year old loves scary/monster movies. I was kinda like that as a kid. My parents let me watch most horror movies and I used to scare the shit out of myself by staying up late and watching the VHS of “Silver Bullet”. Lol. I would rent that movie almost every other weekend. Loved it.
I saw Jaws in the theater when I was 10. It absolutely ruined me, and I mean for life. Even though I was in the Navy I can count on one hand the number of times I swam in the ocean. Never again felt comfortable swimming in any body of water where I didn't know what else was in there with me.

On the other hand, when I saw the Exorcist (granted, on TV, not in the theater) a couple of years later, it didn't really bother me at all. I thought the demon was funny. :-)
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 09:17 AM 10-25-2020
Pretty sure we're all talking about the '82 film. I've never even seen the original.
I never really knew John Carpenters The Thing was a remake,i've seen a little bit of the original,its so old maybe it was scary for its time.But yeah JC's version is classic.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:38 AM 10-25-2020
I'm really not a fan of horror movies at all. But I I were going to show a double feature it would be Psycho and Silence of the Lambs.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:45 AM 10-25-2020
It was actually a prequel. I enjoyed it as well. Wasn't nearly as good as the '82 film, though.
Carpenters 82 Thing is a stone cold classic.

I love the ambiguous ending
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:46 AM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I'm really not a fan of horror movies at all. But I I were going to show a double feature it would be Psycho and Silence of the Lambs.
Great choices!

Pyscho II is a pretty damn good movie too.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:10 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
For the entire month of October I make it a point to watch as many scary movies as possible, particularly the Halloweens.

That said, #3 sucks because there's no Michael Myers and #6 is actually pretty bad as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I used to hate #3 because it had no Michael Myers. Over time I've grown to kinda like it as its own story.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 11:17 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I used to hate #3 because it had no Michael Myers. Over time I've grown to kinda like it as its own story.
Yeah thats how i feel about it too.If they hadnt called it Halloween people might not dislike it so much haha.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:28 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28:
Yeah thats how i feel about it too.If they hadnt called it Halloween people might not dislike it so much haha.
Yeah when I was a kid I just wanted to see Michael Myers stalk and kill people. Then as I got older and I realized that the Halloween series was supposed to be an anthology series with a new story each time, I wondered what might have been. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they went back to Myers and I like 4, 5, and even have a soft spot for Curse of Michael Myers, but it's possibly they could've made better movies if they decided to stick to the anthology thing.
[Reply]
PurpleJesus28 11:32 PM 10-25-2020
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Yeah when I was a kid I just wanted to see Michael Myers stalk and kill people. Then as I got older and I realized that the Halloween series was supposed to be an anthology series with a new story each time, I wondered what might have been. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they went back to Myers and I like 4, 5, and even have a soft spot for Curse of Michael Myers, but it's possibly they could've made better movies if they decided to stick to the anthology thing.
The anthology thing sounds pretty ambitious,it would've been interesting for sure.John Carpenter only wanted there to be one movie,but after his involvement in part 2 i guess he didnt have a say anymore.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:55 PM 10-25-2020
Probably my all time favorite is Alfred Hitchcock The Birds I own it and don't know how many times I've watched it.

[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:15 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
The really old movie?
Nah John Carpenter’s. Just watched it again tonight.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:41 AM 10-26-2020
Halloween III Season of the Witch is my favorite of the Halloween Franchise.
[Reply]
Rausch 03:08 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Halloween III Season of the Witch is my favorite of the Halloween Franchise.
I've always loved:

Prince Of Darkness
The Ring
The Omen
The Shining
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 04:28 AM 10-26-2020
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
Probably my all time favorite is Alfred Hitchcock The Birds I own it and don't know how many times I've watched it.

But why? What's the allure or running gag with you about it?
[Reply]
Page 3 of 8
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up