ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Nick Keizer
RunKC 09:42 PM 10-11-2020
I can’t stop thinking about that drop he had today. Pat had 3rd and 20 converted right in the hands of Nick Keizer and he dropped it. Honestly it felt like that’s when the game changed.

There were a little more than 4 mins left in the half on that play. If he catches it we’re in Raider territory and we probably get a TD just based off the momentum.
Instead the Raiders get the ball back and get a TD.

Idk what the deal is at this point with Ricky Seals-Jones but I want him out there replacing Keizer.

Nothing I’ve seen from Keizer indicates he belongs on an NFL field.
[Reply]
MGRS13 07:17 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
This is where Reid's ultra complex offense has an annoying downfall.

Most teams can just bring in role players 1 year at a time and plug them in. This playbook is so complicated that sometimes guys don't grasp it well right off the bat, and I'm sure having no preseason didn't help.

So even though Seals-Jones and Washington are clearly superior talents compared to guys like Keizer and Darrel Williams, they can't get in the game because Andy doesn't trust them. Keizer and Williams have been around the team and Reid is comfortable with them.

It's why you see the Chiefs hang on to guys like Pringle, Robinson, Thompson, ect. There's nothing special about any of them but they know the system and Reid trusts them to play the role they are asked without screwing anything up. Continuity is so much more important in this offense than with almost any other team.
Pringle is one of, if not the best special teams player we have. You can make argument chiefs don’t win super bowl without him. Guy is a gamer.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:30 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by MGRS13:
Pringle is one of, if not the best special teams player we have. You can make argument chiefs don’t win super bowl without him. Guy is a gamer.
He probably wasn't the best example to use, I'm more referring to subpar guys like Darrel Williams and Keizer playing roles on offense over more talented players just because they've been in the system.

Pringle has been very impressive in his limited snaps at WR as well.
[Reply]
tmax63 07:33 AM 10-12-2020
With Watkins down Pringle may get to see some of his snaps.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:34 AM 10-12-2020
He besmirches the memory of Ted Popson.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:52 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
He besmirches the memory of Ted Popson.
We just couldn't get enough of those San Fran retreads back then.
[Reply]
MGRS13 09:03 AM 10-12-2020
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
He probably wasn't the best example to use, I'm more referring to subpar guys like Darrel Williams and Keizer playing roles on offense over more talented players just because they've been in the system.

Pringle has been very impressive in his limited snaps at WR as well.
Agreed. I understand your point though. It’s valid. Although after that play I noticed Keizer on the sideline. He looked like a man who was givin a pink slip at the beginning of his shift.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 09:06 AM 10-12-2020
Agreed. I understand your point though. It’s valid. Although after that play I noticed Keizer on the sideline. He looked like a man who was givin a pink slip at the beginning of his shift.
Maybe he should catch the fucking ball then
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:06 AM 10-12-2020
Keiser Soze and just like that.....he's cut
[Reply]
CervezaChill 09:11 AM 10-12-2020
That play was a tiny glimpse into the cap heavy years of Mahomes contract where he will be throwing to the Keizers of the world on the regular.

Keep your pitchforks sharp, chiefs kingdom.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:12 AM 10-12-2020
Just as Pringle is to Robinson, RSJ should be to Keizer.
[Reply]
old_geezer 09:18 AM 10-12-2020
Did he drop it?
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:19 AM 10-12-2020
Crazy that the Chiefs haven’t been able to replace No-Hands Harris... that is not exactly a high threshold to replace/upgrade at TE2.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:39 AM 10-12-2020
Hes no Jonathan Hayes
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:07 AM 10-12-2020
You pay Honey Badger, Frank, Travis, Jones, Patrick and Hill these new contracts you are going to have some sublevel back ups... thus the cap. The good news is Veach and are reputation hopefully will lead to more 1 year cheap deals for decent talent.
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:15 AM 10-12-2020
Keiser and Kelce had great lead blocks that got Tyreek Hill into the end zone on his TD sweep. Guy he dropped a huge pass, but there were lots of bad routes and drops yesterday. At least he got open.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up