Page 10 of 50
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Media Center>Justice League (2017)
Munson 04:34 PM 07-23-2016

[Reply]
Rausch 10:43 AM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
Gal Gadot on SNL
I have not watched the film yet (only seeing BVS) but I like her.

As a person and as an actor. She was given NOTHING to work with in BVS but still managed to steal the show.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:44 AM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Because she doesn't have tits busting out of her uniform and isn't THICC like that Carano pic above. She's too waif-like to be an Amazon, much less the daughter of Zeus.
Dude, normal human women don't often match up to the comics.

Much like you and me don't match up to He-Man...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:20 AM 10-08-2017
In case you guys hadn't heard, DC has decided that their films will no longer be intertwined like Marvel.

So, treat each film as a standalone, although there will be a few nods from time to time.
[Reply]
DanBecky 11:36 AM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
In case you guys hadn't heard, DC has decided that their films will no longer be intertwined like Marvel.

So, treat each film as a standalone, although there will be a few nods from time to time.
Is it because they couldn’t decide on how where to take the universe or how to properly build it? From the outside looking in, it’s like they wanted an MCU version of their product but didn’t want to take the time to build it up.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 11:39 AM 10-08-2017

Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. If it gets us better quality movies like Wonder Woman, then it is a good thing.
[Reply]
BigRichard 11:57 AM 10-08-2017
I think this is a new trailer...

[Reply]
Rausch 12:21 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Once you pull in the songwriting of Gozilla 1998 how do you argue with that?...
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:29 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Once you pull in the songwriting of Gozilla 1998 how do you argue with that?...
and aquaman may be from 'bama, with that accent.

NTTAWWT.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:30 PM 10-08-2017
They could have picked a cornfield for him to trespass into that had a better stand.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:30 PM 10-08-2017
I love Jason Mamoa.
[Reply]
cabletech94 12:32 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I love Jason Mamoa.
accent withstanding, he will kick ass as aquaman.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:43 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
That actually looks decent.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:43 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
Is it because they couldn’t decide on how where to take the universe or how to properly build it? From the outside looking in, it’s like they wanted an MCU version of their product but didn’t want to take the time to build it up.
From my understanding, there were a bunch of variables.

Matthew Vaughn wanted to do his own version of Batman, which wasn't inline with Zach Snyder's Batman.

Spoiler!
Suicide Squad 2 is outside the Justice League and Wonder Woman "universe".

They also want to do a separate Shazam! and Black Adam films, which would be outside of Justice League, The Flash and Aquaman.

The bottom line is that Geoff Johns just couldn't put it all together, like Kevin Feige was able to do, so instead of re-writing and re-writing and re-writing, he just said "Fuck it" and decided that the films won't really connect.

They're in the DC Universe but what happens in one film won't necessarily affect what happens in other films.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:45 PM 10-08-2017
The Flashpoint script was turned in and apparently, it changes the timeline, with Bruce Wayne being killed, while his father becomes Batman and his mother becomes the Joker.
Ummmm wtf?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:47 PM 10-08-2017
Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy:
Not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. If it gets us better quality movies like Wonder Woman, then it is a good thing.
I think there are two ways to look at it:

First, the audience won't have needed to see every stinking film in order to put together what's happening onscreen. The "serialization" of the DC was killing their creative energy and they've had so many changes, in a relatively short period of time, that there's no true "One Vision".

The other thing is that like the early Marvel attempts at The Hulk, which were pretty freaking bad, the second Spider-Man movies, Thor 2, Iron Man 2 (and for some people, 3), etc. and so on, DC can just create movies and hope something "sticks", then down the road, put together a "Justice League" or interconnected universe.

They tried to compete with Marvel without a vision and now, they've given up, which is probably a good thing for now.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 50
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up