ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Le' Veon take over as RB1?
Megatron96 12:43 PM 10-26-2020
So, at what point does Bell become the RB1?

I think there's a real possibility of it, and in the very near future.

Think about it: CEH wasn't supposed to be the RB1 this season anyway. He was supposed to back up Damien, and learn some things about how to be a professional, get some good practical reps throughout the season, and most importantly, be fresh for the playoffs.

Damien opting out is why CEH became the starter. But because of the drop off in performance between Clyde and Darrel/Thompson, Andy was using Clyde a lot. Maybe too much. The possibility of CEH hitting the Rookie wall was becoming more of a probability fwith each passing game.

Now Bell can provide all of those things listed above, while keeping Clyde on a kind of pitch count so that he's as fresh as possible come January.

Bell is a true top-tier 3-down back that can run, receive, and is one of the best pass protection backs on the field today. And this is the big selling point, IMO. One thing that I noticed yesterday was just how many times Patrick was getting hit. Bell's presence in the backfield should mitigate some of those hits.

And then there's his on-field presence. Defenses are going to have to approach him with more respect, simply because that's Le' Veon Bell. That aspect alone means that defenses won't be able to just come after Patrick as much, which means he should get hit less.

And we need Patrick to stay upright more, especially down the stretch so that he's fresh as possible for the playoffs.

And let's be honest: Bell is gone after this season. Andy has 8 weeks plus the playoffs to get the most out this deal, to exploit it and get everything he can from Bell before he loses him. And Bell needs to showcase his abilities and prove that he's not only still an elite RB but also that he's a good teammate, on a big stage down the stretch so that he can leverage a big contract in 2021.

The more I think about it, the more sense this makes.

I'm not saying it will happen, because I'm not on Andy's speed dial obviously, but I am saying that Andy should be considering it.

Anyway, where does CP stand on this idea?

Go ahead and flame away.:-)
[Reply]
Simply Red 11:14 PM 11-01-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I don't love LB. The fact that you characterize it as such just shows how utterly clueless you are.

I love the Chiefs.

I love the fact they got a previously great player for virtually FREE because the Jets are stupid.

I love any contribution he makes to the team because we're paying him practically nothing.

I also love the fact that you hate LB so much that you'll troll every post on the subject and act like a moron because it's entertaining.
we have tons of morons now, more than ever. That's really quite a feat in and of itself.
[Reply]
Brooklyn 06:56 AM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think Bell is like 80% gone and I only give it 80% because I thought Sammy Watkins was 100% gone last year so stranger things have happened.

This is exactly where I am at with it. The power of Reid and Mahomes is pretty special. Add to that the allure of defending a title. There is some sort of comrade roe in this locker room that draws guys back with a huge magnet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:12 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
LB averaged 1 yard a carry today against the mighty Jets defense. Anybody still wondering why the Jets released him now knows why.:-)
Gonna do this now: "This post didn't age well.":-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:27 PM 11-02-2020
Win 35 to 9....dumbfucks complain about rushing yards
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 02:40 PM 11-02-2020
"Didn't bite the hand that's feeding him 6M this year"
[Reply]
Megatron96 03:25 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Win 35 to 9....dumbfucks complain about rushing yards
The other funny bit is that these same bitchers have been complaining about Andy's play-calling and Patrick's passing production for a couple weeks, and then he goes off for 418 yards and 5 TDs yesterday, and all they can say now is "Bell sucks because he ran the ball 6 times for 7 yards." Except he also converted a short yardage 3rd, something we've had some trouble with before his signing, and he converted a couple in the passing game. Never mind the great pass pro blocks he made, etc.

Also never mind the obvious adjustment that Andy made by going 70% passing when it became very obvious that the Jets were trying to stuff the run early.

Kind of like how he went 75% running the week before, because that was what was necessary to move the ball and score points to win the freaking game.

But yeah, let's bitch and moan about one game in which the player in question touched the ball less than 10 times in just his second game with the team when he only knows about 10% of the playbook.

CP whiners=real geniuses.:-)

But it'll be kind of fun when Bell and Andy prove them wrong by season's end, yet again.:-)
[Reply]
lcarus 03:39 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
LB averaged 1 yard a carry today against the mighty Jets defense. Anybody still wondering why the Jets released him now knows why.:-)
He also averaged 10 yards per reception on 3 catches. Which is almost as much as Tony Gonzalez averaged per catch in his career. That's right. You heard it here first. Le'Veon Bell is the next Tony Gonzalez.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:56 PM 11-02-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
The other funny bit is that these same bitchers have been complaining about Andy's play-calling and Patrick's passing production for a couple weeks, and then he goes off for 418 yards and 5 TDs yesterday, and all they can say now is "Bell sucks because he ran the ball 6 times for 7 yards." Except he also converted a short yardage 3rd, something we've had some trouble with before his signing, and he converted a couple in the passing game. Never mind the great pass pro blocks he made, etc.

Also never mind the obvious adjustment that Andy made by going 70% passing when it became very obvious that the Jets were trying to stuff the run early.

Kind of like how he went 75% running the week before, because that was what was necessary to move the ball and score points to win the freaking game.

But yeah, let's bitch and moan about one game in which the player in question touched the ball less than 10 times in just his second game with the team when he only knows about 10% of the playbook.

CP whiners=real geniuses.:-)

But it'll be kind of fun when Bell and Andy prove them wrong by season's end, yet again.:-)
Yup. All of this.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 10
« First < 678910
Up