ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Is 'Baby its Cold Outside" still part of your holiday rotation?
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 12-03-2018
Well, is it?

DENVER — The only FM station in the Denver market exclusively playing Christmas music during the holiday season will no longer play “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.”

KOSI 101.1’s program director said that the decision was made based on listeners’ feedback.

“We are aware of the controversy regarding ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ and based on feedback from our listeners we have decided to pull the song from KOSI 101.1,” said Program Director Jim Lawson in an email to FOX31.

In the song, a man is trying to convince a woman to stay with him instead of returning home, citing poor weather. The female vocalist sings, “I really can’t stay,” to which the male singer responds, “But baby, it’s cold outside.”

Other lyrics sung by the woman include: “Say, what’s in this drink?” and “I simply must go … The answer is ‘no.’”

A Cleveland station recently gained national attention when it stopped playing the song, referencing the “Me Too” movement.

Shortly this story was published, KOSI 101.1 posted a poll on its website asking whether the song should be aired.

https://kdvr.com/2018/12/03/kosi-101...ners-feedback/
[Reply]
GloryDayz 04:40 PM 12-12-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Everyone can finally rest easy. Common sense has prevailed.
:-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 11:26 PM 12-15-2018

[Reply]
suzzer99 12:02 AM 12-16-2018
Has "misteltoe = sexual assault" become a Christmas strawman for the right like Baby it's Cold Outside yet?

If not I predict next year one liberal somewhere in the world says something about mistletoe, and then right wing media turns it into a 2 month cacophony.

And then the mistletoe "debate" happens every Christmas for the next decade.
[Reply]
IkesToys 12:49 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Has "misteltoe = sexual assault" become a Christmas strawman for the right like Baby it's Cold Outside yet?

If not I predict next year one liberal somewhere in the world says something about mistletoe, and then right wing media turns it into a 2 month cacophony.

I have no idea what will be debated next year, but I'm pretty sure you will be butt hurt about something.
[Reply]
Over Yonder 01:21 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
It Snowed Last Night..

8:00 am: I made a snowman.

8:10 - A feminist passed by and asked me why I didn't make a snow woman.

8:15 - So, I made a snow woman.

8:17 - My feminist neighbor complained about the snow woman's voluptuous chest saying it objectified snow women everywhere.

8:20 - The gay couple living nearby threw a hissy fit and moaned it could have been two snow men instead.

8:22 - The transgender man..women...person asked why I didn't just make one snow person with detachable parts.

8:25 - The vegans at the end of the lane complained about the carrot nose, as veggies are food and not to decorate snow figures with.

8:28 - I was being called a racist because the snow couple is white.

8:31 - The middle eastern gent across the road demanded the snow woman be covered up .

8:40 - The Police arrived saying someone had been offended.

8:42 - The feminist neighbor complained again that the broomstick of the snow woman needed to be removed because it depicted women in a domestic role.

8:43 - The council equality officer arrived and threatened me with eviction.

8:45 - TV news crew from ABC showed up. I was asked if I know the difference between snowmen and snow-women? I replied "Snowballs" and am now called a sexist.

9:00 - I was on the News as a suspected terrorist, racist, homophobe sensibility offender, bent on stirring up trouble during difficult weather.

9:10 - I was asked if I have any accomplices. My children were taken by social services.

9:29 - Far left protesters offended by everything marched down the street demanding for me to be arrested.

Moral:

There is no moral to this story. It is what we have become, all because of snowflakes.
I almost quit reading the thread and then this, dang glad I read on :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:46 AM 12-16-2018

We meant to get to that, but were having too much fun torturing brown infants in concentration camps.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 07:25 AM 12-16-2018

Biggest scumball of the planet sighting.
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 08:03 AM 12-16-2018
ban all Christmas music, shit sucks
[Reply]
listopencil 09:43 AM 12-16-2018

[Reply]
stevieray 09:48 AM 12-16-2018
The funniest thing about all this is trying to associate a sexual overtone when back in the day, Doris Day was the epitome of squeaky clean.

but hey, Miley Cyrus on the stage with a strap on dildo?

no prob.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:49 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Fish:
Everyone can finally rest easy. Common sense has prevailed.
It's a shit song, shows that a lot of people have terrible taste in music.
[Reply]
stevieray 10:53 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
It's a shit song, shows that a lot of people have terrible taste in music.
oh the irony.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:58 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by stevieray:
oh the irony.
I have great taste in music.. it's a shitty song.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:56 AM 12-16-2018
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
I have great taste in music.. it's a shitty song.
Its considered a classic, whether you like it or not
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:06 PM 12-16-2018
It's not something I clamor to hear, but it's pleasant enough to enjoy in a Christmas rotation or in a concert.

It's objectively well constructed. To insist that it's empirically a shitty song is either; being too narcissistic to differentiate personal preferences from general quality, or simply hankering to perpetuate dissension.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 20
« First < 91516171819 20 >
Up