ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Washington DC and The Holy Land>Is 'Baby its Cold Outside" still part of your holiday rotation?
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 12-03-2018
Well, is it?




DENVER — The only FM station in the Denver market exclusively playing Christmas music during the holiday season will no longer play “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.”

KOSI 101.1’s program director said that the decision was made based on listeners’ feedback.

“We are aware of the controversy regarding ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ and based on feedback from our listeners we have decided to pull the song from KOSI 101.1,” said Program Director Jim Lawson in an email to FOX31.

In the song, a man is trying to convince a woman to stay with him instead of returning home, citing poor weather. The female vocalist sings, “I really can’t stay,” to which the male singer responds, “But baby, it’s cold outside.”

Other lyrics sung by the woman include: “Say, what’s in this drink?” and “I simply must go … The answer is ‘no.’”

A Cleveland station recently gained national attention when it stopped playing the song, referencing the “Me Too” movement.

Shortly this story was published, KOSI 101.1 posted a poll on its website asking whether the song should be aired.

https://kdvr.com/2018/12/03/kosi-101...ners-feedback/
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:36 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
How about trying to ban books from public libraries?
Loon would be all about banning books, songs, scrolls, videos, you name it if his talking points told him it was the thing to get behind this week. Creative thought, or critical thought for that matter, is simply beyond the kind of person we are dealing with here. Loon is a LWNJ automaton posting from its mom's basement.
[Reply]
Donger 01:37 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
A private radio company that is in to "make money" is equivalent to public libraries? AND a single private radio station choosing not to play a song at the request of listeners is equivalent to public library book ban?

The things you say in boredom. :-)
If you wish to be so selective regarding the bannings you support or not, that's fine. And not unexpected.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:50 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Rivaldo:
Sal&Richard
Wow, time flies. Sal and Richard are STILL messing with this guy, and Artie's been off the show going on a decade.

But eff Richard, dumped the Chiefs for his wife's Eagles at the drop of a panty. [well, he says he still likes the Chiefs. . . . But still].
[Reply]
Rivaldo 02:03 PM 12-06-2018
lol Richard is great

sorry, I thought this was the tradio thread


[Reply]
listopencil 02:03 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
The song is creepy. Its a so called Christmas song that is about a man pressuring a women to stay for sexual reasons using questionable methods. It would be creepy in a regular song, but a Christmas song? I've pointed that out and others multiple times already. Its not my fault you can't read.

And yeah, I do wonder why people have to be so insecure that people noticing a song is creepy affects their enjoyment of a creepy song.

But hey, its not my personal problem you guys can't just be honest with yourself and say "something I like is a little creepy, and thats okay." There are worst songs out there, as people pathetically tried to whatabout, and its okay to like those too.

When you guys reach maturity and figure that kind of stuff out, it will great. I'm rooting for you.

Say with me "As an adult, I can like what I like, I don't have to make excuse or justifications. I don't care what other people think."



You're still doing it. Unless you can be more specific about what you find creepy in the song instead of spamming your opinion, there really isn't any reason to continue discussing it with you.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:10 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
You're still doing it. Unless you can be more specific about what you find creepy in the song instead of spamming your opinion, there really isn't any reason to continue discussing it with you.
You actually respond to that gimp? Only dude I know whose mother is actively rooting for his death.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 02:11 PM 12-06-2018
We must never take these words too seriously. Words are very important, but they can be taken too seriously - we destroy everything.


[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:12 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by vailpass:
You actually respond to that gimp? Only dude I know whose mother is actively rooting for his death.
How dare you assume ze's gender.
[Reply]
Rivaldo 02:21 PM 12-06-2018
Now, The Mentors song "Rock 'Em Sock 'Em" might cross the line of what is acceptable.

It's still part of my Xmas rotation, though.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:53 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
How dare you assume ze's gender.
:-)
Mah bad
[Reply]
Loneiguana 03:01 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Donger:
If you wish to be so selective regarding the bannings you support or not, that's fine. And not unexpected.
:yawn:

How obvious you get when you've run out of things to say. Sorry not sorry I wont entertain your boredom and false equivalence.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 03:06 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by listopencil:
You're still doing it. Unless you can be more specific about what you find creepy in the song instead of spamming your opinion, there really isn't any reason to continue discussing it with you.
There you are lashing out and blaming other because your illiterate.

You'll never grow up and be an adult with that kind of irresponsibility. No wonder what other people think affects you negatively.

Dont worry, I'm still rooting for you. Learn to read, then learn how to accept responsibility for your own flaws.

Maybe then we can work on not letting other people thoughts on things affect what you like or dont like.
[Reply]
listopencil 05:12 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
There you are lashing out and blaming other because your illiterate.

You'll never grow up and be an adult with that kind of irresponsibility. No wonder what other people think affects you negatively.

Dont worry, I'm still rooting for you. Learn to read, then learn how to accept responsibility for your own flaws.

Maybe then we can work on not letting other people thoughts on things affect what you like or dont like.




[Reply]
New World Order 05:14 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
There you are lashing out and blaming other because your illiterate.

You'll never grow up and be an adult with that kind of irresponsibility. No wonder what other people think affects you negatively.

Dont worry, I'm still rooting for you. Learn to read, then learn how to accept responsibility for your own flaws.

Maybe then we can work on not letting other people thoughts on things affect what you like or dont like.
Crap, it's back.

Who summoned it's name?
[Reply]
stevieray 05:20 PM 12-06-2018
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
your illiterate.
your and idiot.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 20
« First < 71314151617 181920 >
Up