ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 104
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid appreciation thread
Hammock Parties 10:51 PM 10-01-2018
The guy could easily have tried to pump his superstar QB by throwing on the goal line at the end of the game.

He did the smart thing and pounded it three times for the fucking win.

Word to your mother, Pete Carroll.

Oh, and he has mind control over the AFC West. 18-1 in his last 19.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:00 PM 12-31-2019

What a stat from @ChiefsReporter: the Chiefs 27-3 division record over the past five years is the best division record over any five year span in modern NFL history. That is remarkable. 90% win rate against the AFC West since 2015

— Bird Law Expert #TheWestIsNotEnough (@RealBirdLawyer) December 31, 2019

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:04 PM 12-31-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Reid just needs a super bowl ring to cement his legacy in Canton
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 11:12 PM 12-31-2019
Nobody needs motivation in a Super Bowl game. But I'd imagine for all these players that love Reid, there would be a lot of "let's get Andy his Super Bowl" stuff going on.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 11:17 PM 12-31-2019
It's almost like they're missing some other relevant stat....

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 05:20 AM 01-01-2020
My problem with Reid is that he continues to lose playoff games for the exact same reason.

Now, last year was the exception, but he has a history of losing playoff games after having a lead because he won't run the football to protect the lead and run clock.

There were Philly fans that came to this board after we hired him, and they flat out said he is a great regular season coach, but would lose in the playoffs because he won't run the football. They were not sad to see him go, and he turned their franchise from perennial losers into an NFC power. Reid took them to the playoffs a bunch, including a ton of NFC Championship games, and only made one Super Bowl.

And it's frustrating when we lose games like Indy and Pittsburgh, and he always says crap in his post game press conferences like "I gotta do a better job of coaching" and "We will learn from this and get better" etc. Only to lose a game like the Titans game, because he made the exact same coaching mistakes as he made in the Indy and Pittsburgh games.

I am hoping, as are many others, that Mahomes is Reid-proof in the playoffs, and can help the Chiefs and Andy Reid overcome Playoff Andy Reid.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
tyreekthefreak 06:55 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
My problem with Reid is that he continues to lose playoff games for the exact same reason.

Now, last year was the exception, but he has a history of losing playoff games after having a lead because he won't run the football to protect the lead and run clock.

There were Philly fans that came to this board after we hired him, and they flat out said he is a great regular season coach, but would lose in the playoffs because he won't run the football. They were not sad to see him go, and he turned their franchise from perennial losers into an NFC power. Reid took them to the playoffs a bunch, including a ton of NFC Championship games, and only made one Super Bowl.

And it's frustrating when we lose games like Indy and Pittsburgh, and he always says crap in his post game press conferences like "I gotta do a better job of coaching" and "We will learn from this and get better" etc. Only to lose a game like the Titans game, because he made the exact same coaching mistakes as he made in the Indy and Pittsburgh games.

I am hoping, as are many others, that Mahomes is Reid-proof in the playoffs, and can help the Chiefs and Andy Reid overcome Playoff Andy Reid.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
We can't run the football when the other team knows we are going to run.....our line is not good enough to do that......hasn't been since the Vermiel days! Andy just needs to run up the score as much as he can for 60 minutes!!!!
[Reply]
tmax63 08:19 AM 01-01-2020
The same people who say AR won't run the football to protect a lead and run out the clock are the same folks who say that AR goes into a shell and doesn't stay aggressive when he gets a lead. To me, you can't have it both ways, you either do 1 or the other.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:48 AM 01-01-2020
Andy Reid has been a Godsend.

When I look around the league and see the upheaval every year, I count my blessing for him everyday.

Clark was so smart to jump on that plane immediately to Philly and go get him 7 years ago.

Always cracks me up that Pioli was part of that process.
[Reply]
ChiefEd 08:51 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by tmax63:
The same people who say AR won't run the football to protect a lead and run out the clock are the same folks who say that AR goes into a shell and doesn't stay aggressive when he gets a lead. To me, you can't have it both ways, you either do 1 or the other.
:-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:00 AM 01-01-2020
Love me some Andy.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:43 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak:
We can't run the football when the other team knows we are going to run.....our line is not good enough to do that......hasn't been since the Vermiel days! Andy just needs to run up the score as much as he can for 60 minutes!!!!
Halfback option dude. Best of both worlds.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:44 AM 01-01-2020
This is a valid point. Even if it's directed at me..
[Reply]
Marcellus 10:48 AM 01-01-2020
Bingo, the haters will find a reason to hate no matter what.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:58 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Haters... :-)

50 years Marcellus, 50 years...

Go ahead and let up if you want, it's very Andy of you.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:09 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
It’s 100% results based.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 104
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up