ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 172
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Skyy God 05:23 PM 03-02-2016
Originally Posted by notorious:
Kim ends up being his overweight secretary in Breaking Bad.
Or she gets popped covering for Jimmy and gets disbarred.
[Reply]
notorious 08:57 PM 03-02-2016
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Exactly.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:22 PM 03-02-2016
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Ohh....maybe and then she's gone since she's never a part of bb
[Reply]
Otter 11:42 AM 03-03-2016
I don't really understand that move of showing the class action commercial without running it by the partners first. He had already brought up the concept and it was accepted with a "sure let's have a look when I get back" response by one of the senior partners. Why didn't he just wait until Monday when he returned from vacation and present the commercial? He wasn't in a "I need to make a bold move" situation yet.

Is he simply that rogue and self-destructive or am I missing something? If he is simply that rogue and self-destructive why did he just buy a nice condo and is taking down the girl that he obviously likes (but seems to be a 'hold my purse while I shop' relationship) down with him.

On the plus side, Mike is still just a kick ass character.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 12:07 PM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by Otter:
I don't really understand that move of showing the class action commercial without running it by the partners first. He had already brought up the concept and it was accepted with a "sure let's have a look when I get back" response by one of the senior partners. Why didn't he just wait until Monday when he returned from vacation and present the commercial? He wasn't in a "I need to make a bold move" situation yet.

Is he simply that rogue and self-destructive or am I missing something? If he is simply that rogue and self-destructive why did he just buy a nice condo and is taking down the girl that he obviously likes (but seems to be a 'hold my purse while I shop' relationship) down with him.

He was scared of it getting bogged down "in committee," for lack of a better phrase. He saw the terribad commercial they produced previously after spending hours in meetings to get the swirl just right and didn't want them to destroy the commercial.
[Reply]
frankotank 01:25 PM 03-03-2016
OK...so about Mikes daughter in law.... (I believe this to be true and don't know or remember what happened to his son???)

anyways....so wow...she LIED to him about the bullets. WTF!

EDIT:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Otter 05:09 PM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
He was scared of it getting bogged down "in committee," for lack of a better phrase. He saw the terribad commercial they produced previously after spending hours in meetings to get the swirl just right and didn't want them to destroy the commercial.
That makes sense especially after realizing I didn't pick up on Kim explaining how long the swirl on the last commercial took and realizing his brother would be part in the decision as well.

Just seemed like an odd time for a 'now or never' decision.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 05:20 PM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by frankotank:
OK...so about Mikes daughter in law.... (I believe this to be true and don't know or remember what happened to his son???)

anyways....so wow...she LIED to him about the bullets. WTF!

EDIT:

Spoiler!

I think she's scared and paranoid.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:28 PM 03-03-2016
Originally Posted by Otter:

That's it right there. He has no ability to think through to consequences for his actions. Even an inside ad agency gets a commercial approved and signed-off. If the balked about it, he'd have to just sell it even if he just said let's test it in a small audience like he did.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 06:29 PM 03-03-2016
I agree that was his thinking on it.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:40 PM 03-03-2016
I guess I liked the first commercial by the company. Seemed to get the point accross.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:47 PM 03-03-2016
This is the story.

But I'm lost on Mike's story. If he sat outside her house all night, she dreamed the gunshots and whatever the mark on the side of the house is, what are they getting at? Are they shaking her down? Does she have PTSD? What?
[Reply]
Demonpenz 10:49 PM 03-03-2016
I think he forgot that he is dealing with a woman who ya know all woman be crazy. So he forgets rule number 1 THAT WOMAN BE CRAZY and then he looks at the missing spackle and is like ayyeeee forgot rule number 1
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:59 PM 03-03-2016
It's been a fun series. Very watchable, but mostly an entertaining show with a few powerful moments. But man, this week's episode was a knife-twister. Shit's about to get real real fast.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:40 PM 03-03-2016
Kind of. But the above explanation makes it sound like Jimmy was intentionally doing things slippery. After Kim rejects footsie, Jimmy makes a genuine attempt to go clean. Was glowing with pride for producing an ad that followed all the rules.

Seemed to me like Jimmy followed all the rules, but rushed into making a bad decision due to pressure to prove his brother wrong that he could do things legit. Gilligan sets up the ultimate irony... Jimmy gets praised by his boss when he does things slippery, but gets his ass chewed out when he tries to go legit. Sets up a pretty compelling character arc.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 172
« First < 394546474849 505152535999149 > Last »
Up