ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone Here Familiar with Taco Johns?
Easy 6 08:36 PM 06-06-2020
Just had one open up here

Better than Taco Bell?

Good, bad, ugly?
[Reply]
eDave 12:26 PM 06-07-2020
I've never seen a crunchy street taco.
[Reply]
eDave 12:27 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
You mean tater tots?
No.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:30 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
You mean tater tots?
Think of tater tot coins. Seasoned.

Dip in nacho cheese and sour cream.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:30 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I've never seen a crunchy street taco.
Not crunchy, steamed... I’ve never seen a legit street taco made any other way
[Reply]
CapsLockKey 12:41 PM 06-07-2020
Don't go that often but definitely prefer it over taco bell.

My go tos

Stuffed grilled taco
Oles with side of cheese
Churro
Mexi rolls
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:50 PM 06-07-2020
Via
Johns
Toms
Tico
Bell/Bueno

Definitely pick up a Del Taco vibe at Johns that was so sweetly mentioned earlier in the thread
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:00 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
I remember that location when I was very little. It's now a sex toy shop.
So if you take a first date there now, you have to hope that the counter person doesn't ask her if she wants to supersize her order.
[Reply]
Rain Man 01:01 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Can’t say that I have, but I used to work at a now defunct Tex-Mex chain called Chi-Chi’s that made great churros
Are churros crunchy? The Taco Bell things are soft and doughy and delicious. They've got some sort of soft filling that you can only taste on the fringes of your consciousness, but it's delicious.
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:28 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Are churros crunchy? The Taco Bell things are soft and doughy and delicious. They've got some sort of soft filling that you can only taste on the fringes of your consciousness, but it's delicious.
The ones at Chi-Chi’s we’re basically fried breadsticks rolled in a cinnamon/sugar mix... crispy outside, doughy in the middle
[Reply]
Delano 01:40 PM 06-07-2020
I’ve had Taco Johns in my town since I can remember. One of my youth baseball teams was sponsored by them so we’d always go there after weekend games. They used to have this apple dessert that was basically a cinnamon dusted fried tortilla topped with apple pie filling, cheddar cheese and little red hots. Was always my favorite as a kid.

I remember they had these things called Sierra chicken that were great back in the 90s but they tried to reboot them recently and they were not the same. The six pack and a pound was a go to drunk food in college but you could get it for 6$ back then and it seemed like fair value. Especially a microwaved soft shell to bust a hangover the next morning.

One thing Taco Johns used to have over Taco Bell was that everything is made fresh daily. I’m not sure if that is still the case.

Current favorites are the stuffed grilled tacos and most of the breakfast offerings are pretty good.

Pro tip: if you can fry Potato crowns at home and dust them with Lawry’s Seasoning Salt you’ll have a fair facsimile of potato oles.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:54 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Delano:
I’ve had Taco Johns in my town since I can remember. One of my youth baseball teams was sponsored by them so we’d always go there after weekend games. They used to have this apple dessert that was basically a cinnamon dusted fried tortilla topped with apple pie filling, cheddar cheese and little red hots. Was always my favorite as a kid.

Pro tip: if you can fry Potato crowns at home and dust them with Lawry’s Seasoning Salt you’ll have a fair facsimile of potato oles.
1. Apple grande, only available during I think once or twice a year

2. Yes it's close, but not "right"

3. Would love to know the seasoning mix for their chicken tacos. Have asked on here before.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:36 PM 10-08-2021
I ate the 6 pack and a pound today I feel like shit
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:39 PM 10-08-2021
it's pretty good actually
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:46 PM 10-08-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
It’s no Del Taco. But not bad
I went to Del Taco tonight!
[Reply]
Simply Red 08:47 PM 10-08-2021
I ate at the one in Blue Springs when I went to Joe's bash in 2010 or whenever that was. Taco Burger is what's up
[Reply]
Page 8 of 9
« First < 45678 9 >
Up