ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Anyone Here Familiar with Taco Johns?
Easy 6 08:36 PM 06-06-2020
Just had one open up here

Better than Taco Bell?

Good, bad, ugly?
[Reply]
Shaid 09:41 AM 06-07-2020
Potato Oles are the big plus. Also, the food is just overall better. It is more expensive than Taco Bell. It's like Walmart vs Target. Taco Johns is Target. Slightly better on the relatively inexpensive food.
[Reply]
Shaid 09:43 AM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
So if I can ask, are you guys doing the six pack and a pound thing for one or to share? That would be a shit ton of food for me.
When I was in high school, we'd try that for a single person so I did try it once. The Ole's are too much grease if you're trying to down a pound of them. I only tried it the one time. Now it would be way too much for me.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:54 AM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I’m gonna be honest here.

This entire thread wouldn’t have been any more bizarre to me had it been “hey guys, I saw a commercial for this stuff in a can called ‘beer’ - y’all ever heard of it? Seems to get good reviews....”

The DaFace responds with “its solid but I prefer Mountain Dew. And Deberg pipes up with “It’s no LaCroix Sparkling Water”. Because fucking of course he does.

There are people that are unaware of the 6 pack and a pound? They have far better items on the menu but this is the only true gateway into the experience. And yes, get your cheese sauce and appropriate amounts of sour cream
Judging by this thread, TJ’s is pretty common around the country, can’t believe there’s never been one anywhere I’ve lived
[Reply]
Monty 10:41 AM 06-07-2020
I've been having Taco John's since the early 70s when I lived in Rapid City.

Anyone that applauds the Potato Ole's, I'm with ya!

Also, the Taco Burger isn't on the menu any longer, but you can still order it.

I agree with SR, TJ over TB any day of the week.
[Reply]
bdj23 11:27 AM 06-07-2020
Taco John's is great when it's fresh and your order is made right. Probably one of the better fast food choices. With that being said, I wont eat at my local one because it's staffed with mentally (not actually) disabled people who cannot for the life of them, get my order right.
[Reply]
Strongside 11:37 AM 06-07-2020
I always thought taco johns tasted like the shit you cook at home.
[Reply]
TripleThreat 11:41 AM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Eh, to each his own. I'm a sucker for Taco Bell's quesadillas.
Agreed. I’m an onion fanatic literally I put too many in all of my dishes, yet whenever I make a stop at Taco Bell I always get there bean burrito with no onions... even though at any other place I would probably ask for extra onions.

My order every time I go
Chicken quesadilla
Bean burrito no onion extra cheese
1 chicken chalupa no sour cream.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:47 AM 06-07-2020
Ok, lunch is in the books

Potato Oles - these were hot and fresh, and the cheese sauce actually tastes like cheese, they’re a nice filler. My only knock is they didn’t really have any any kind of spicy flavor to them

Chicken street tacos - the chicken is quality, FAR superior to that stringy mess Taco Bell uses, nice big chunks. The pico was excellent with fresh cilantro and lots of clearly fresh lime juice that gave it a bright, fresh kick. My only knock is using a flour shell instead of corn on a street taco

Crunchy beef taco - just kinda there, not much seasoning in the beef at all. No better or worse than Taco Bell

All in all I’m definitely going back, especially for the chicken items... I’m betting their grilled chicken burrito kicks ass
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:52 AM 06-07-2020
Have you tried those cinnamon dessert things at Taco Bell? They really hit the mark on those.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:58 AM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
When I was in HS, we used to go the TJ’s on Rainbow Blvd in KC during lunch break on Taco Tuesday (2-for-1). I’d order 8 Taco’s for like $3.00, and sit in the parking lot drinking beer and eating taco’s with my friends. Good times and really damn good food.
I remember that location when I was very little. It's now a sex toy shop.
[Reply]
COchief 12:02 PM 06-07-2020
I think if you grew up with TJs you probably have a soft spot for it and of course the oles with nacho cheese is the star of the show still. The guy earlier that pops a few oles into whatever he orders and then drizzles some cheese is obviously a seasoned TJ veteran, only way to fly. I hit it probably once a year at this point but if I lived close to a well run one that would probably be monthly. Only one in Denver is kind of meh and nothing close to a small town one.

Oles with cheese, Taco Bravo, Meat and Potato Burrito, and if you really want to clog your arteries with a Nebraska classic...Ranch Burrito and toss a few oles in there first.
[Reply]
Easy 6 12:05 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Have you tried those cinnamon dessert things at Taco Bell? They really hit the mark on those.
Can’t say that I have, but I used to work at a now defunct Tex-Mex chain called Chi-Chi’s that made great churros
[Reply]
srvy 12:06 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Driving me crazy I can't remember the name of a taco fast Mexican chain place in KC from the 70s with a huge sign shaped like a sombrero. I remember one on Blue Ridge. What was it?
Taco John's

Taco Via

Taco Tico

Taco Bell
[Reply]
Eleazar 12:06 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Potato Ole's dude. Potato Ole's.
You mean tater tots?
[Reply]
srvy 12:16 PM 06-07-2020
Never considered Texas Toms a strictly tex mex food. But it had good tacos that I often ordered. The pork fritter or Italian steak was good also.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 9
« First < 34567 89 >
Up