ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Media Center>The Greatest Live Albums ever recorded. Who ya got?
scho63 05:09 AM 04-23-2020
I realize that bands like the Beatles had no real "live" albums and it started around the late 70's - early 80's.

So who has the greatest LIVE albums?

I'll start with the (3) that made the most impact on me:

1. Kiss ALIVE!
2. Frampton Comes Alive!
3. Ted Nugent Double Live Gonzo!

Maybe it was the "exclamation points" that did it for me! :-)

What live stuff rocked your world? :-)

EDIT: Bootlegs prior to real LIVE albums don't count. Having someone steal Hendrix before he ever made his own live album doesn't count.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 03:13 PM 07-23-2020
Someone - for the life of I can't remember - emailed and told me I should listen to these guys. From Poland I think.....but damn....

[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:23 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Does the title "Destroyer" ring a bell? That was a Cleveland 1977 show double CD. That was one of my best sellering bootlegs when I ran my mail order import CD business in the 90's and 2000's. It had many different covers, but usually the title Destroyer, probably sold for $20 or $25 bucks. If Buccaneer Records sounds familiar, then you bought it from me.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-destroyer/
The "No Quarter" on that thing is EPIC. John Paul Jones goes into this baroque classical solo piano piece...oh my...it's SO good.

I have that show at the ready, I know 77 Zep gets shit on because Page was on smack and Percy had the laryngitis, but Bonzo and Jonesy are on POINT.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:25 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
hey rabble, hey Dane

I don't mean to step on toes while you two are doin' the pillowbiter dance. But I wonder what either/both of you think of SRV Mr. Clean. Its a pretty expensive CD.
It's from NYE 1986, and it's badass. Starts off with Lookin At You, ends with Oreo Cookie Blues. Great sound quality.

I love me some SRV. Chill it with the pillow biter talk. 2 dudes can show respect for each other without biting pillows, Bro Montana.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:31 PM 07-23-2020
The music threads lately here have been awesome. I appreciate all the stories from you guys.
[Reply]
EPodolak 10:18 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
Does the title "Destroyer" ring a bell? That was a Cleveland 1977 show double CD. That was one of my best sellering bootlegs when I ran my mail order import CD business in the 90's and 2000's. It had many different covers, but usually the title Destroyer, probably sold for $20 or $25 bucks. If Buccaneer Records sounds familiar, then you bought it from me.

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/led-zeppelin-destroyer/
That looks like a good get. Any knowledge of a good recording around '75? I know the Earl's Court stuff is pretty good. I'm wearing out Led Zep 3 tonight, surely one of the greatest things ever recorded.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 11:33 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by EPodolak:
That looks like a good get. Any knowledge of a good recording around '75? I know the Earl's Court stuff is pretty good. I'm wearing out Led Zep 3 tonight, surely one of the greatest things ever recorded.
2/16/75 St Louis
And
03/05/75 Dallas
[Reply]
DeepPurple 08:40 AM 07-25-2020
This is probably the best LZ Tribute band I've found, although they're are many other good ones. Here they are at a theater in Newton, NJ that probably the whole town turned out to see.

I'm always on youtube and collect live videos of all kinds. Since Kashmir is a middle-eastern sounding song, I found this bar band in Bangladesh does one very neat cover version.

[Reply]
Page 13 of 13
« First < 3910111213
Up