ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What Lever You Flippin??
Yes 16 14.16%
No 16 14.16%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote Yes 59 52.21%
I don't live in Jackson County, but would vote No 22 19.47%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll
Page 52 of 114
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Stadium Watch 2024 -Jackson County Residents: How Are You Voting?
Pablo 08:28 AM 03-28-2024
Vote in this poll if you actually live in Jackson county.

We've all shared our opinions in the other thread. But who gives a shit what somebody in Platte County or Johnson County or Phoenix or NYC thinks. We're all just noise.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:19 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Overreaction Planet in full afterburner right now...
Pablo (I think) said this turned into a GDT and it couldn't be more right.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:21 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So was this mainly shot down due to the stadium location for the Royals being the Crossroads district?
Yup
[Reply]
nychief 08:22 AM 04-03-2024
Really sat on our balls with this.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:22 AM 04-03-2024
Sherman and the MLB must be pretty butthurt with Clark right about now. Expected to piggyback off the Chiefs to get a blank canvas for a stadium and instead they got driven off a fucking cliff.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:22 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
It was shot down from an "eat the rich" mentality.

If the teams need a nine figure public outlay to stay in the metro, it's not fucking happening.
I don't agree. But they need to actually provide something for their 9 figures.

I reiterate - I think they could get a 50/50 split on a whole new stadium if they pursued it and actually sold it well to the public. But "Hey, give us 2/3 of our build costs on luxury suites your poor asses will never be allowed near" isn't going to get it done.

$700 million and $700 million will get you enough to build a hell of a stadium. It won't be the $2 billion behemoth the Raiders got in LV, but it'll be a top 5ish stadium in the NFL in terms of amenities. But it's gonna cost Clark more and it's gonna be harder to design/build. Clark relied on inertia in pursuing the path of least resistance.

It was a piss poor effort that killed this and not some dogmatic opposition to public/private stadium partnerships.
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:24 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
That's what I don't get. Only 3 stadiums are privately funded in the NFL. Some of the same people bitching about the Chiefs getting public funding are some of the same people who have used tax abatement when purchasing a home. Also, the Crossroads is developed with a .5 cent sales tax itself and those businesses use public funds and tax breaks.

https://kccrossroads.org/community-i...ment-district/
Some people just exist to bitch. They hated the new airport, but love that the World Cup is coming and that the NFL draft was held here. They hate the airport because it is "in the middle of nowhere", but want the Chiefs and Royals to move to the far west exurb. What kind of city do you want to live in? So many are miserable and the only thing that will make them happy is dropping a bag of cash on their doorstep.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:24 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
...but why do you think he's suddenly going to go out of the way to stay in the spot he clearly doesn't think is worth it?

I'd personally put Arrowhead's odds of survival at about 10% at this point. If people aren't impressed by what they can do with it, the logical answer is to build something new. And if you're going that far, they'll want a location that can be activated and bring in extra revenue.
Arrowhead is the Hunt families crown jewel they could have left that area many times over in the past
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:25 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Sherman and the MLB must be pretty butthurt with Clark right about now. Expected to piggyback off the Chiefs to get a blank canvas for a stadium and instead they got driven off a fucking cliff.
That's why I keep saying that Clark threw the match. This was akin to the Weimar Republican bringing in the Ottoman Empire in WWI. The Royals 'ally' did them more harm than good.

Either team could likely get something done. But this attempt was pretty much the worst of all possible worlds once Clark saw it as an opportunity to get something for nothing.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:27 AM 04-03-2024
610 cited a political contact in KC said polling was done in 2022/2023 that suggested a downtown stadium would lose by a 51 to 49 mark.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:28 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's why I keep saying that Clark threw the match. This was akin to the Weimar Republican bringing in the Ottoman Empire in WWI. The Royals 'ally' did them more harm than good.

Either team could likely get something done. But this attempt was pretty much the worst of all possible worlds once Clark saw it as an opportunity to get something for nothing.

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:28 AM 04-03-2024
:-) Nah, Arrowhead is donezo now. It's been made obvious at this point with Hunt letting the standards of the facilities slide into the worst in the NFL and this proposal that was purposely designed to fail.
[Reply]
Urc Burry 08:31 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) Nah, Arrowhead is donezo now. It's been made obvious at this point with Hunt letting the standards of the facilities slide into the worst in the NFL and this proposal that was purposely designed to fail.
And now he can avoid the backlash, and justify it by the vote failing
[Reply]
Woogieman 08:32 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Ugh, actually we do. Should have about $1.7 billion in the rainy day fund come 6/30, end of fiscal year. Try to pay attention.
"Rainy Day" surpluses of a state aren't earmarked for stadium construction. Kansas would have to go through the same protracted battle and long term tax sales that Jackson is going through. Which county gets the future tax benefits? Does the rest of the state get a split since the funds are also theirs? Does the state decrease taxes in future years, since they obviously "collected too much" in the first place? Kansas won't be writing a check without some big battles.
[Reply]
Pablo 08:33 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah man.

Those dogs totally wanted new furniture.

[Reply]
bringbackmarty 08:36 AM 04-03-2024
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Didn't Mark Donovan essentially call the sports complex a shit hole undeserving of development? This all felt like a feigned offer to stay when they wanted free agency all along.
Yes he did, he said the area around the stadium wasn't worthy of development.
[Reply]
Page 52 of 114
« First < 2424849505152 5354555662102 > Last »
Up