ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 120
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 STL Cardinals Thread ***
BigRedChief 08:39 AM 03-29-2023
2023 thread. Walker makes the roster. I'll update the rosters and opening day lineup when its official

2023 Opening Day Lineup
Spoiler!

2022 Opening Day roster.
Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year, here are some of the historical threads going back to 2006.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Ocotillo 08:04 AM 07-08-2023
Latest mocks

Baseball America -- Chase Davis, OF, Arizona

The Athletic (Keith Law) -- Hurston Walrep, RHP, Florida

Fangraphs (Eric Longenhagen) -- Chase Davis, OF, Arizona

MLB.com (Jonathan Mayo) -- Matt Shaw, SS, Maryland

CBS -- Tommy Troy, SS, Stanford

Sporting News -- Aidan Miller, 3B, Mitchell HS (Fla.)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:34 AM 07-08-2023
Originally Posted by bdj23:
Noot is near the bottom of the list of things that are concerning with this abomination
But still a concern considering they wouldn't part as a package for something more valuable. He's not a top of the order guy in any shape or form. Not a bad role player/end of the order guy
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:49 PM 07-08-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Noot hitting 3rd is embarrassing
You’re bitching about Noot for no reason.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:28 AM 07-09-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Except Jocketty basically said fuck prospects and went all-in for the better part of a 7 season period before ultimately losing his job due to beefing with Luhnow.
I don't disagree with you here, but maybe an organization that routinely produces hyped prospects that disappoint needs to say fuck them more often.

It bit him in the ass at times with Dan Haren and Coco Crisp, but Mozeliak has a habit of holding on to pocket fives in a board full of paint before he realizes he should have dumped his hand long ago.

This org used to be able to scout its own players.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:32 AM 07-09-2023
Cardinals' selection at No. 21 overall in Baseball America's final mock:

21. Cardinals — Chase Davis, OF, Arizona

Slot Value: $3,618,200

Total Bonus Pool: $6,375,100

There are enough landing spots for Chase Davis in this range that I feel like he goes up here. The Cardinals are one team that has been strongly associated with him recently. If players like Arjun Nimmala, Hurston Waldrep or Tommy Troy are still available they could be a fit as well.

Update: I’ve not heard anything to pull me off the Chase Davis pick, though I do think St. Louis could be a team that would be interested in all of the top high school pitchers. If Kyle Teel is somehow available here I think he could come off the board here as well.

Dart Throw Later Picks: 3B Mike Boeve, 3B Gino Groover

[Reply]
Ocotillo 10:41 AM 07-09-2023
MLB.com's final mock

21. Cardinals
Callis: Jacob Wilson, SS, Grand Canyon (No. 10)
Wilson has the best bat-to-ball skills in the Draft and could go as early as No. 6, but there are concerns about his exit velocities and potential offensive impact, so he could drop further than expected. This may be the ceiling for Kent State's Joe Whitman, the best college left-hander in a fallow crop.

Mayo: Nolan Schanuel, 1B/OF, Florida Atlantic (No. 26)
This continues to be a popular spot for college bats. If things go the way that’s outlined above, Schanuel might top the tier of hitters available such as Davis and Bradfield. If they want to go in another direction, the top prep lefty (White) is still on the board.

[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 11:14 AM 07-09-2023
I know nothing about Davis other than reading a scouting report, but a mostly polished college OF with above average but not great tools is pure Mo.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:28 AM 07-09-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
You’re bitching about Noot for no reason.
Bullshit. It's part of the exact problem of counting on guys not good enough
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:39 AM 07-09-2023
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I know nothing about Davis other than reading a scouting report, but a mostly polished college OF with above average but not great tools is pure Mo.
Scouting reports can differ.

Baseball America gives Davis a 70 arm and a 60 power.

But notes that he had a 68% contact rate (YIKES!) his first two college seasons. He brought his strikeout rate down to 14.4% as a junior. That's why he is all of a sudden a first round prospect.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:39 AM 07-09-2023
There's not a team in baseball that doesnt have room for a 3 fWAR player.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:41 AM 07-09-2023
Not a top third lineup guy. What part of that don't you understand? Are you that dumb?
[Reply]
jd1020 11:46 AM 07-09-2023
Not a top third lineup guy. What part of that don't you understand? Are you that dumb?
Nootbaar is elite in a bunch of the categories that makes for a successful top of the lineup bat that gets on base in front of the guys teams truly count on.

You are dumb as fuck.

The Cardinals are 12th in runs scored and 10th in offensive fWAR and here you are bitching about a guy who's probably like 80th percentile in overall hitting batting at the top of the lineup and a key reason for the Cardinals being terrible.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:50 AM 07-09-2023
:-) Worry about your sack of crap "cubbies" and keep those expectations low!
[Reply]
jd1020 11:52 AM 07-09-2023
:-) Worry about your sack of crap "cubbies"
At least my sack is light enough to carry.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 12:08 PM 07-09-2023
There's a difference between saying Noot shouldn't be a #3 hitter and that he's total dogshit.

You've consistently bashed him to the point I can't delineate between the two.

And he's a perfectly fine above average OF that would be starting for most teams.

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
I don't disagree with you here, but maybe an organization that routinely produces hyped prospects that disappoint needs to say **** them more often.

It bit him in the ass at times with Dan Haren and Coco Crisp, but Mozeliak has a habit of holding on to pocket fives in a board full of paint before he realizes he should have dumped his hand long ago.

This org used to be able to scout its own players.

I think the bigger gripe I have with player development or scouting is that they don't take big risks early in the draft. Yes, that can come back to bite them in the ass, but that's how you get great players.

Instead, they're perfectly content taking guys with higher floors and lower ceilings (Hjerpe, Thompson, McGreevy, Wacha, Piscotty, Wisdom would be examples of this philosophy). Having 2-3 WAR players is nice, but the goal should be to acquire players who have a chance at being "stars" (think 5 WAR +) than just acquiring nice complementary players.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 120
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268108 > Last »
Up