« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Jalen Ramsey has asked for a trade
St. Patty's Fire 04:17 PM 09-16-2019
https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...813515777?s=21
[Reply]
Mecca 07:25 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Did you watch the game Sunday?

There have been multiple outbursts at the media, several rumored in the locker room and one that got him suspended. A fight in a game with the Bengals that got him ejected. The late, post whistle shove on Tyreek on the play he was injured three days ago. One outburst on the sideline in which he may or may not have hit his coach. He ran halfway across the field to hit Watkins (and I have no idea why he wasn't suspended for that; I guess the refs decided kicking one player out for the fight was enough). He did something like that the last time we played them (which is when I started to feel like-"hey, that guy's an asshole"). Pulling up the Brinks truck to training camp is a bad look.

I feel like you have a real agenda here; I don't. I just think he's an asshole. He's a talented player, and if the Chiefs go get him, I just hope 1)we don't have to give up more than a #1, and 2) it's a rental thing and we flip him for that #1 back after the year.

Given his temper tantrums (and dude, there have been several) it just looks a lot like more of the Marcus Peters nonsense to me. That kind of shit tends to escalate.

I also don't like the precedent of players just getting to demand to be released or traded and acting out until they get their way. I mean, what, every good player on a shit team can just demand to be released so they can go play for a Super Bowl favorite? I don't like it. It fucks with the balance of the game.

You can see it differently, that's your prerogative.
For years and years the teams have had all the leverage with these guys, walk away without paying them, franchise tags etc etc. If a dude doesn't wanna be somewhere he does have a right to voice that.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 07:30 AM 09-17-2019

@jalenramsey Pull up big bro ��

— Hollywood Brown (@Primetime_jet) September 17, 2019

[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:32 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
For years and years the teams have had all the leverage with these guys, walk away without paying them, franchise tags etc etc. If a dude doesn't wanna be somewhere he does have a right to voice that.
Well, the pro union, worker's rights loving part of me agrees with you.

The football fan that watches Antonio Brown throw a fit until he gets released so he can go play for the Patriots and screw my Chiefs over feels like it's not fair play.

Now that the precedent has been set, it's going to happen a lot. It's like a new type of free agency.

It's weird.

Maybe in this next player's union/ownership deal, they should simply guarantee the contracts like baseball, and in return the player MUST honor their end. Otherwise, a temper tantrum can totally change the competitive balance and that seems fucked up to me.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:39 AM 09-17-2019
How would Tyreek and the offense feel about this signing? I don't really think they like the guy. I could see fights breaking out at practice. No thanks.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:47 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
How would Tyreek and the offense feel about this signing? I don't really think they like the guy. I could see fights breaking out at practice. No thanks.
Oh good God, nothing like that is going to happen.
[Reply]
Molitoth 07:50 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Oh good God, nothing like that is going to happen.
Possibly, you don't know and neither do I.
I suppose I trust Veach to do what he thinks is best, but I think we can win the SB without Ramsey. So I am not going to go into full meltdown when he goes to another team. :-)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:54 AM 09-17-2019
What if Ramsey is pulling an ab to get out of Jax?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:54 AM 09-17-2019
I don't think the Chiefs have to have Ramsey, but I do think if they don't come away with a talented CB when the trade market had a number of options it'll reflect incredibly poorly on him.
[Reply]
Jerm 07:54 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Possibly, you don't know and neither do I.
I suppose I trust Veach to do what he thinks is best, but I think we can win the SB without Ramsey. So I am not going to go into full meltdown when he goes to another team. :-)
We're not beating New England, esp. if the game is in Foxboro, with this defensive backfield. Sorry but that's just the hard truth....

We 100% need a lockdown CB....
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:57 AM 09-17-2019
Worst case we need atleast another mediocre corner in case of injury
[Reply]
The Franchise 07:57 AM 09-17-2019
My guess is the Raiders will trade for him.
[Reply]
O.city 07:58 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
My guess is the Raiders will trade for him.
Does Davis have the cash on hand to pay the impending deal?
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 08:01 AM 09-17-2019
You need a ref on the payroll in foxbourgh
[Reply]
Kidd Lex 08:11 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
We're not beating New England, esp. if the game is in Foxboro, with this defensive backfield. Sorry but that's just the hard truth....

We 100% need a lockdown CB....
I disagree. Defense looks improved from last year, and we haven’t seen enough to declare any absolutes regarding the Patriots greatness. At some point you have to stop trading top picks and draft players if for nothing else the rookie contracts. It would be a great luxury to add a top CB, but for two 1st round picks? I’d rather roll the dice and see what Spags and Reid can work out. Remember Spags was the D coach that took out the Pats perfect season.
[Reply]
Jerm 08:12 AM 09-17-2019
Originally Posted by The GMDM Hypothesis:
I disagree. Defense looks improved from last year, and we haven’t seen enough to declare any absolutes regarding the Patriots greatness. At some point you have to stop trading top picks and draft players if for nothing else the rookie contracts. It would be a great luxury to add a top CB, but for two 1st round picks? I’d rather roll the dice and see what Spags and Reid can work out. Remember Spags was the D coach that took out the Pats perfect season.
So who's locking down AB in the playoffs? Josh Gordon? Edelman?
[Reply]
Page 55 of 449
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965105155 > Last »
Up