ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 70
« First < 15556162636465 66676869 > Last »
Media Center>Star Trek Picard
Frazod 11:27 AM 06-20-2018
http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/star-...in-development

Star Trek: The Next Generation Reboot With Patrick Stewart Reportedly in Development

Rumors of the Picard-centric reboot come amid Alex Kurtzman extending his CBS contract for a planned expansion of the Star Trek TV universe.

According to a THR article, there are unconfirmed rumors that CBS TV Studios is developing a Star Trek reboot starring Patrick Stewart in which he would reprise his The Next Generation role as Captain Jean-Luc Picard. According to THR's sources, Alex Kurtzman and Akiva Goldsman are attached to the potential reboot. Not only is this an unconfirmed project, but THR's sources also say that the deal is far from complete and might not happen. Still, this would be huge news for Star Trek fandom—however you might feel about a Picard-centric reboot.

The rumors of the Picard reboot come amidst Kurtzman renewing his overall deal with CBS Television Studios, extending his contract by five years. This will keep him in partnership with the studio through 2023, for a reported $5 million per year.

Kurtzman was recently made sole showrunner of Star Trek: Discovery following the dismissal of previous co-showrunners Aaron Harberts and Gretchen Berg who left amidst reports of bullying behavior in the writers room. Goldsman, who served as an executive producer on Season 1 of Discovery, also left the show, reportedly due to a clash with the writing staff in terms of management style and personality, so it's interesting that he is still attached to the potential Picard-centric reboot.

In addition to his work on Star Trek: Discovery, Kurtzman's extended deal with CBS Television Studios will include an expansion of the Star Trek franchise on the small screen, including the development of new series, miniseries, and other content, including animation.

While this generally seems like good news for the Star Trek universe, it may also be disappointing, depending on what kind of Star Trek fan you are. While the move represents a reinvestment in the Star Trek TV universe, Kurtzman is not known for critical success. Previously, he has co-written the scripts for Transformers, Star Trek, Star Trek Into Darkness, and The Amazing Spider-Man 2. More recently, he directed and co-wrote The Mummy. Not exactly the kind of nuanced science fiction writing Star Trek has, at its best, historically represented.

More news on the expanded Star Trek TV universe as we hear it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:41 AM 04-15-2023

I love that #StarTrekPicard's "Võx"⬆️ brought back the classic "Data at the Ops" shot. It was seen in countless #StarTrekTNG episodes, like "Cost of Living"⬅️, "The Game"➡️, "New Ground"↙️ and "Rascals"↘️. Also look at that LCARS display!! :-) pic.twitter.com/YqzkbUdmfo

— Jörg Hillebrand (@gaghyogi49) April 15, 2023

[Reply]
Bowser 11:46 AM 04-15-2023
I like how when the Enterprise goes to warp at the end it exactly mirrors Picard's painting of the Enterprise-D that he was going to give to Geordi.

And I think they augmented Patrick Stewart's voice when he said "engage".
[Reply]
Frazod 01:53 PM 04-15-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I like how when the Enterprise goes to warp at the end it exactly mirrors Picard's painting of the Enterprise-D that he was going to give to Geordi.

And I think they augmented Patrick Stewart's voice when he said "engage".
I noticed that as well - the voice part. He didn't sound like he's 150. :-)
[Reply]
crayzkirk 02:04 PM 04-15-2023
Have seen a few clips on YouTube; not going to pay for the privilege of seeing this. It looks pretty good. One thing that I noticed is that the NG crew sure seems to have gotten old FAST. I guess that's just because the last three decades of my life have gone by much faster than the first three did.

If it ever ends up on Amazon Prime, the last season along with the TOS prequel series will be on my watch list.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:29 PM 04-15-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Spiner must have told them that he was done with the damned face paint, lol.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:55 PM 04-15-2023
apparently "Ready Room" with Wil Wheaton drops minor spoilers...but great stuff here about the D recreation...spoilers last 2 min

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:30 PM 04-15-2023

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:07 AM 04-17-2023
310 'The Last Generation' has around a 60 minute runtime, with reportedly a post-credits scene.

Sounds like TO BE CONTINUED... to me :-)
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 04:56 PM 04-17-2023
So there's gonna be a reference to Lower Decks' gag calling O'Brian as a transporter chief the most important person in history yea?
[Reply]
Donger 04:57 PM 04-17-2023
Just finished the second season. Meh. Want to see the tits on the blonde Borg queen.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:14 PM 04-17-2023
Originally Posted by Donger:
Just finished the second season. Meh. Want to see the tits on the blonde Borg queen.
That actress has necro-titties because she's dead
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:48 PM 04-18-2023
god damn

[Reply]
Donger 04:38 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
That actress has necro-titties because she's dead
Did she get them out before her demise?
[Reply]
Donger 04:45 PM 04-18-2023
Oh, she did get them out...

:-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:46 PM 04-18-2023
now all he needs to do is mount a chair backwards

RIKER LEG ON CONSOLE!

I REPEAT, THE LEG IS ON THE CONSOLE! ��#StartrekPicardSeason3 #StarTrek #StarTrekPicard pic.twitter.com/AQaAcpEPFI

— @WilsonFrontier ������ (@WilsonFrontier) April 18, 2023

[Reply]
Page 65 of 70
« First < 15556162636465 66676869 > Last »
Up