ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3093 of 3903
« First < 2093259329933043308330893090309130923093 30943095309630973103314331933593 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 12:59 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Do we know when the vaccine is projected for clearance? Figured with recent news we’re close. Maybe January?
Nursing homes are thinking they’ll get them late December january

My surgeon buddy said the front line workers are being told December. I figure is regular people March

Dentist buddy who’s high up in some political circles in regards to dentistry said dentist may be considered front line workers? I dunno. If I can get it early I’ll be a guinea pig I guess
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:04 PM 11-11-2020
It seems like if you get them in hursing homes hospitalizations and deaths will be cut down drastically . Like damn near in half.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:04 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Just another reason to not get tested.
It's not even that. I got tested and my insurance company has no clue. I had Covid. That is not a pre-existing condition because I no longer have Covid. Now, if I had lung damage or something from getting Covid then I would have a condition that I got from having Covid. But saying you have a pre-existing condition because you had a virus doesn't seem right. That's like saying I have a pre-existing condition because I had the flu.
[Reply]
TLO 01:08 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Nursing homes are thinking they’ll get them late December january

My surgeon buddy said the front line workers are being told December. I figure is regular people March

Dentist buddy who’s high up in some political circles in regards to dentistry said dentist may be considered front line workers? I dunno. If I can get it early I’ll be a guinea pig I guess
I'm trying to figure out if I qualify as a front line worker or not. I just sent an email to my boss about it trying to get some further information.

I think the answer is yes - but I'm not sure.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:08 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
It's not even that. I got tested and my insurance company has no clue. I had Covid. That is not a pre-existing condition because I no longer have Covid. Now, if I had lung damage or something from getting Covid then I would have a condition that I got from having Covid. But saying you have a pre-existing condition because you had a virus doesn't seem right. That's like saying I have a pre-existing condition because I had the flu.
I'm sure if they though a virus like the flu could cause long term health issues they don't want to cover, they would think of a way.

I'm sure there are infectious diseases out there that are considered pre-existing conditions or would be if they were still prevalent (e.g. polio).
[Reply]
TLO 01:09 PM 11-11-2020
It seems like if you get them in hursing homes hospitalizations and deaths will be cut down drastically . Like damn near in half.
Probably even more than that when teamed up with the monoclonal antibody therapies that are coming online.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 01:10 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I'm trying to figure out if I qualify as a front line worker or not. I just sent an email to my boss about it trying to get some further information.

I think the answer is yes - but I'm not sure.
Pretty sure male stripper at The Outskirts qualifies you.
[Reply]
O.city 01:21 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Probably even more than that when teamed up with the monoclonal antibody therapies that are coming online.
Yeah but it’s just gonna take a while to get that out there

The next 2 months will be rough
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 01:21 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
Damn sorry to hear , good luck
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Thoughts are with you and your significant other.
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Sorry to hear this Pug.. Hope she starts to feel better soon..
Originally Posted by O.city:
Damn man

I know it’s rough. Take care of what you can. Will keep you guys in our thoughts
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Hang in there man. Good thoughts coming your way.
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Positive thoughts heading your way.
Thank you all
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:27 PM 11-11-2020
so some political talking head on the radio just said if you have had Covid you now have a pre-existing condition. WTF and I missing here?
I'm guessing there will be a political fight about that next year.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:36 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I'm guessing there will be a political fight about that next year.
should happen sooner than that.

As someone has already mentioned, citizens are going to be more inclined to not get tested for Covid if they think it could keep them from getting health insurance in the future and or pay higher premiums if covered.
[Reply]
TLO 01:52 PM 11-11-2020
Pretty sure male stripper at The Outskirts qualifies you.
:-)
[Reply]
DaFace 02:01 PM 11-11-2020
Apparently you haven't ever had the pleasure of fighting with insurance companies. Their business model is to hunt for anything they can to deny you. Whether COVID will live out as one of those reasons I don't know, but it's not a surprise to me that some of them will try.
[Reply]
J Diddy 02:04 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pants:
This all ****ing sucks.

Need those vaccines badly and April seems like a goddamn eternity from now.
True story. I’m a social worker who has the luxury of working from home. I literally avoid the public at all costs and never without a mask. I worked from the office yesterday for the 1st time in forever and today I get a text from my boss that a coworker who was in the office yesterday tested positive for it. So that’s bound to keep me out of the office until a widely circulated vaccine is out in the masses. I didn’t survive open heart surgery and cancer to die from this shit.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:06 PM 11-11-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Apparently you haven't ever had the pleasure of fighting with insurance companies. Their business model is to hunt for anything they can to deny you. Whether COVID will live out as one of those reasons I don't know, but it's not a surprise to me that some of them will try.
I don't know if you guys missed it but the law was changed a few years back and insurance companies cannot deny you coverage.
[Reply]
Page 3093 of 3903
« First < 2093259329933043308330893090309130923093 30943095309630973103314331933593 > Last »
Up