Page 13 of 68
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Deshaun Watson requests trade
Trent Green GOAT 09:06 AM 01-28-2021
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchef...80509094774374
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:49 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Well the guy that made that trade is gone though.
Both players want out. Hop wanted out and now Watson wants out. Bill O sucks balls and the owner is a damn jack off. That team is fucked for a long time now.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:51 AM 01-28-2021
Not sure if the rumor is true about Deshaun and the Jets, but I have to think he’d prefer Miami.

That team is loaded with talent and doesn’t have many holes aside from the major one he could fix.

Davante Parker, Mike Gisecki...even Jakeem Grant is a nice complimentary guy. They’d just need a RB and that can be had in the 2nd or 3rd rd
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:54 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
You're nuts if you don't think it's going to take at the very least 3 first round picks to trade for one of the best QBs in the league.
When the QB has publicly stated that he wants out, though, it destroys the team's leverage. On a smaller scale, look at Marcus Peters. He was arguable a top-five CB in the league when we traded him away for roughly a second-round pick. And then the Rams traded him a couple of years later for almost nothing. A happy and healthy Watson is worth a lot, but a Watson that is grousing and sullen is a lot cheaper.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:55 AM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
When the QB has publicly stated that he wants out, though, it destroys the team's leverage. On a smaller scale, look at Marcus Peters. He was arguable a top-five CB in the league when we traded him away for roughly a second-round pick. And then the Rams traded him a couple of years later for almost nothing. A happy and healthy Watson is worth a lot, but a Watson that is grousing and sullen is a lot cheaper.
A corner doesn't scratch the value of a QB.
[Reply]
Pants 01-28-2021, 11:58 AM
This message has been deleted by Pants.
Pasta Little Brioni 12:03 PM 01-28-2021
Dolphins WR group is average as fuck
[Reply]
-King- 12:08 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Lol there will be at the minimum 5 teams DESPERATE for a qb as talented and proven as Watson and will pay damn near anything to get him. His value isn't lowered at all just because he says he wants out. This isn't a situation where the Texans are negotiating with one team and that team can afford to tell the Texans to take the deal or leave it

And there's a HUGEEEE difference between Marcus Peters and how he acted and his reputation and Watson's reputation.
[Reply]
Old Dog 12:11 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Not sure if the rumor is true about Deshaun and the Jets, but I have to think he’d prefer Miami.
Add in the state income tax rate of 0% for Florida and more than 8% (I think) for New York (10.75% for New Jersey) and the odds he'd want to go to Florida would be even more likely.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:12 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
Add in the state income tax rate of 0% for Florida and more than 8% (I think) for New York (10.75% for New Jersey) and the odds he'd want to go to Florida would be even more likely.
He'd more than offset that in endorsement deals alone in NY.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:15 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
Has there ever been a player that did that shit? Everyone brings it up but I’ve yet to hear of it being a factor.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:15 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Has there ever been a player that did that shit? Everyone brings it up but I’ve yet to hear of it being a factor.
[Florio] Multiple league sources believe that the Texans will keep Culley in place for a couple of years, and that he will then “retire” and be replaced by Josh McCown. McCown is expected to become the QB coach on Culley’s staff. Eventually, McCown could become the OC.

Religion for the win.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:16 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And I think it only counts for home games, too. States are often aggressive about requiring state taxes for work done in the state. Some states are reasonable, I think, but others aren't. I bet a guy like Patrick Mahomes is doing 9 state income tax forms. (Well, he probably has an accountant that does it, rather than getting on turbotax himself.)
[Reply]
Mecca 12:18 PM 01-28-2021
If Watson wanted to grow his brand outside of football NY is the place, he'd make serious endorsement bank.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:23 PM 01-28-2021
Cal McNair and Jack Easterby

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 12:26 PM 01-28-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If Watson wanted to grow his brand outside of football NY is the place, he'd make serious endorsement bank.
Winning would grow his brand more than being in New York.

See Mahomes in KC, Lamar Jackson in Baltimore, Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay... all QB’s in small markets with significant brand profiles.
[Reply]
MMXcalibur 12:26 PM 01-28-2021
We all witnessed the absolute highest point of the Houston Texans organization.

That point was immediately after Kaimi Fairbairn booted a mid-range field goal to go up 24-0 in the 2020 Divisional Playoff game.

Since then, it's been an out of control Radio Flyer wagon careening down Mount Everest.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 68
« First < 3910111213 141516172363 > Last »
Up