ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 95
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 08:11 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
You're an idiot. A complete and utter idiot.
You can be upset all you want, but even the unjustified killings almost always start with resisting. It’s a legitimate issue that still doesn’t justify a lot of the deaths. But it is what it is.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:18 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You are just never going to get it.
No, it’s people like you that don’t want to hold individuals accountable for their actions.

I can actually agree with a lot of what you guys are saying and admit I’m probably too far on the other side of this argument.

The problem is that people like you think it’s ALL the cops and you’re making excuses for legitimate issues in the black community that lead to them getting more attention from police and more problems overall.

People like you won’t even have conversations about the demise of black families. You’re too chicken shit to be real about any of it. You want to victimize all of them when a lot of their problems stem from some serious culture issues.
[Reply]
mkp785 08:19 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
If an officer kills someone, like in Minnesota or any other instance, it's investigated by an outside agency like the state or multiple area agencies. The agency that officer belongs to aren't part of the investigation.

Bad apples are rooted out pretty quickly generally speaking. Why would you punish people that have no knowledge of the bad apples? If you witness something or have knowledge of a criminal offense and don't report it would you like to be held financially responsible?

If an officer kills someone "wrongly" and they are likely outside of policy they can be held liable civilly as well as criminal charges.
You missed the point of my comment. Why should the taxpayers be held accountable for that same death? I would disagree about not knowing about the bad apples. I don't know what you do but I would imagine that you've had jobs where you can easily tell who was a good worker and who was a bad one. You see these people everyday, you know who is good and who is lazy, doesnt pay attention to details, who's an asshole, etc. The police are no different, they know who is not fit to wear the uniform.

This is proven by the rare occasion when good cops speak out against the bad ones and forced to deal with internal pressure from fellow officers. Alot of times those cops are fired as well. By making them accountable for their co-workers mistakes places more accountability within the ranks of the police and would help root out the bad ones. Plus, as I said earlier why should the taxpayer have to pay for some gung-ho, trigger happy idiot?
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:27 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
What the fuck do you think the protests and riots are about? This thread? It’s about police brutality you fucking moron. That’s what I mean when I’m talking about the main issue. It has nothing to do with you.

Everything you just posted is from 5 years ago. I would be the first to tell you that this was a bigger problem then than that it is now, but even then it’s overblown in terms of killings. The stats I’ve provided have been about the last 2-3 years.
At the heart of it, the protests and riots are about endemic racism. If you don't realize that, then sorry, but you're missing the plot. But I'm also talking to the guy who gave up on our Chiefs at the low point of their Super Bowl season and the guy who has tapped out when it comes to minorities improving their lot in life. So perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.

And so things 5 years ago were worse then than they are now?! :-) Please, provide me some hard facts or statistics to explain that. Or just provide the narrative why things would've improved during that period.

And then please comment on any one of the hundred studies provided to you earlier.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:27 PM 06-07-2020
There were more blacks killed in Chicago this weekend than unarmed blacks killed by cops in the last year and a half, but please continue to pretend that the biggest problem in the black community is racism (mostly by cops).

There were more blacks killed by blacks in these protests/riots than unarmed blacks killed so far this year by police, but continue to tell me how there aren’t real issues of violent crime in the black community that are much bigger than the police brutality issue.

I’m not denying the existence or racism and police brutality. I’m simply trying to give some perspective on how big of an issue it really is.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:29 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
At the heart of it, the protests and riots are about endemic racism. If you don't realize that, then sorry, but you're missing the plot. But I'm also talking to the guy who gave up on our Chiefs at the low point of their Super Bowl season and the guy who has tapped out when it comes to minorities improving their lot in life. So perhaps I shouldn't be surprised.

And so things 5 years ago were worse then than they are now?! :-) Please, provide me some hard facts or statistics to explain that. Or just provide the narrative why things would've improved during that period.

And then please comment on any one of the hundred studies provided to you earlier.

Originally Posted by :
The police fatally shot nine unarmed blacks and 19 unarmed whites in 2019, according to a Washington Post database, down from 38 and 32, respectively, in 2015
Down almost 25%.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:33 PM 06-07-2020
The problem is that people like you think it’s ALL the cops and you’re making excuses for legitimate issues in the black community that lead to them getting more attention from police and more problems overall.
Wrong. I don't think it's all the cops. I think there's an ingrained bias in society that creates these issues. I understand the concept of racial profiling and in many ways appreciate why it may be necessary, but I also think blacks have suffered for generations under a framework designed to hold them back. So I think we're moving to a world where we need to make strides to err on the side of affirmative action and such because that's the only way we can even possibly begin to point the needle back to even.
[Reply]
mkp785 08:35 PM 06-07-2020
There were more blacks killed in Chicago this weekend than unarmed blacks killed by cops in the last year and a half, but please continue to pretend that the biggest problem in the black community is racism (mostly by cops).

There were more blacks killed by blacks in these protests/riots than unarmed blacks killed so far this year by police, but continue to tell me how there aren’t real issues of violent crime in the black community that are much bigger than the police brutality issue.

I’m not denying the existence or racism and police brutality. I’m simply trying to give some perspective on how big of an issue it really is.
.....and you're also distracting form the point. Which is police violence in the black community-that's what Mahomes, honey badger, Mike Thomas and the rest of them are talking about. This is the same garbage that bleeding red was doing in this very thread earlier lolol. Whenever police violence is brought SOMEONE always tries to bring up Chicago-as if they care about anything that happens in that city. Its nothing more then a way to take away from the point of the discussion.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:37 PM 06-07-2020
Down almost 25%.
How statistically significant is that sample size of 2? What's the p value there? :-)

Do you realize how ignorant it is to represent statistics like that and form an opinion based on that? Did you ever take a statistics course in your life?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:41 PM 06-07-2020
Wrong. I don't think it's all the cops. I think there's an ingrained bias in society that creates these issues. I understand the concept of racial profiling and in many ways appreciate why it may be necessary, but I also think blacks have suffered for generations under a framework designed to hold them back. So I think we're moving to a world where we need to make strides to err on the side of affirmative action and such because that's the only way we can even possibly begin to point the needle back to even.
So is that ingrained bias responsible for less than 10% of the population committing more than 50% of the homicides?

Is it also responsible for out of wedlock births rising to 73% in the black community? Why are these things not an issue for other minority communities if it’s all because of racism?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:42 PM 06-07-2020
How statistically significant is that sample size of 2? What's the p value there? :-)

Do you realize how ignorant it is to represent statistics like that and form an opinion based on that? Did you ever take a statistics course in your life?
The #’s have steadily gone down. There are only 3 this year and we’re halfway through the year. Cops simply aren’t killing as many unarmed blacks as they were 5+ years ago. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that once this became a big issue the #’s started to drop. Something has definitely changed in that regard, but continue to be a faggot.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:51 PM 06-07-2020
The #’s have steadily gone down. There are only 3 this year and we’re halfway through the year.
So, let's get this straight:
1/ the only way to capture police brutality is through fatalities
2/ if a black man is shot by police but lives, he's not captured in your analysis
3/ you have no concept of the value of randomness in a small sample size (and have clearly never heard of a p value)
4/ you wouldn't acknowledge that a potential obvious reason for a reduced number this year is because people have been locked down because of the pandemic

I feel like I'm arguing with a 4th grader, and I'm bored af.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:55 PM 06-07-2020
So, let's get this straight:
1/ the only way to capture police brutality is through fatalities
2/ if a black man is shot by police but lives, he's not captured in your analysis
3/ you have no concept of the value of randomness in a small sample size (and have clearly never heard of a p value)
4/ you wouldn't acknowledge that a potential obvious reason for a reduced number this year is because people have been locked down because of the pandemic

I feel like I'm arguing with a 4th grader, and I'm bored af.
Just answer these questions so I can verify that your white guilt is blinding you from any sort of criticisms of the black community:

So is that ingrained bias responsible for less than 10% of the population committing more than 50% of the homicides?

Is it also responsible for out of wedlock births rising to 73% in the black community? Why are these things not an issue for other minority communities if it’s all because of racism?
If you don’t think there are legitimate problems within the black community whatsoever, we can just end this right now.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:02 PM 06-07-2020
Just answer these questions so I can verify that your white guilt is blinding you from and sort of criticisms about the black community:

If you don’t think there’s a problem within the black community whatsoever, we can just end this right now.
Of course there's a problem in the black community. But what if that's a function of racism going back generations? We're only talking about not being able to go to the same schools 60 years ago. Do you think Jim Crow wrongs are immediately righted? Do you think the average white person's grandparents were given the same opportunity as the average black person's? Do you think that provided equal wealth and opportunity for the next generation? And then how about now?

The socioeconomic situations of ourselves are in part grounded in our ancestors. And black people undeniably had it more difficult. And that's contributed to any number of the statistics you're so ready to cite.

But cling to your statistical ignorance as it makes you feel like an informed person who has all the answers.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:03 PM 06-07-2020
where we need to make strides to err on the side of affirmative action and such because that's the only way we can even possibly begin to point the needle back to even.
Do you know that affirmative action was repealed? Do you know that it was proven to have the opposite effect of what was hoped?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 49 of 95
« First < 394546474849 5051525359 > Last »
Up