ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 95
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick, Tyrann and friends have something to say
Dante84 07:18 PM 06-04-2020

#StrongerTogether pic.twitter.com/sfwF9Uvgaa

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) June 5, 2020

We love and support our players. We’re proud of you Patrick and Tyrann.@PatrickMahomes @Mathieu_Era https://t.co/JwL6p0vzP6

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) June 5, 2020

We, the NFL, condemn racism and the systematic oppression of Black People. We, the NFL, admit we were wrong for not listening to NFL players earlier and encourage all to speak out and peacefully protest. We, the NFL, believe Black Lives Matter. #InspireChange pic.twitter.com/ENWQP8A0sv

— NFL (@NFL) June 5, 2020

[Reply]
staylor26 07:23 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Is it punchable because Ivan is Guatamalan? You have such a loose argument going on that you can't even hide that it's bullshit.
Originally Posted by :
In 2019 police officers fatally shot 1,004 people, most of whom were armed or otherwise dangerous. African-Americans were about a quarter of those killed by cops last year (235), a ratio that has remained stable since 2015. That share of black victims is less than what the black crime rate would predict, since police shootings are a function of how often officers encounter armed and violent suspects. In 2018, the latest year for which such data have been published, African-Americans made up 53% of known homicide offenders in the U.S. and commit about 60% of robberies, though they are 13% of the population.
The argument at its core is about police brutality. There’s nothing loose about that. Police aren’t hunting blacks based on the data and there are studies that also reflect that.
[Reply]
eDave 07:24 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There’s nothing loose about this. Police aren’t hunting blacks.
I never said they were. And yes they do.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:25 PM 06-07-2020
I never said they were. And yes they do.
Yes they hunt blacks? Yet they kill more whites per 100,000? Does that mean they’re hunting everybody?

Can we get more than 5-10 words? Are you capable?
[Reply]
eDave 07:27 PM 06-07-2020
Your suggesting they hunt blacks? Yet they kill more whites per 100,000? Does that mean they’re hunting everybody?

Can we get more than 5 words? Are you capable?
In many cities. Remember 1992. I do.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:29 PM 06-07-2020
Nascar came out with the strongest message possible today against racism. Shit just got to the tipping point when a sport that is a symbol of the south said fuck y'all racism
[Reply]
emaw1979 07:29 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

And second, why is it, do you think, that those black kids are taught from birth that the Police are the enemy? Do you think that's an accident? Some kind of ****ing superstition? Or do you think MAYBE there's a reason for that?

I've seen it with my own eyes. I small black kid, maybe 4, ran up to a police officer. He was so excited and wanted to say hi. The officer got down on one knee to say hello. His mother snatched him up so fast and scolded him, "Don't you ever talk to him. They are bad people and the reason your brother is locked up".

That mother is setting her child up for failure. Racism in policing 40-50 years ago were bad and I could understand her reaction but today? Come on. When he grows up how is he going to react to a police officer if he needs help or gets pulled over or heaven forbid arrested? Instead of being taught to respect authority he's taught to hate them.

Today, people are learning it on liberal news stations, social media and movies because racism in policing doesn't exist today and hasn't for decades. An issue may flare up every once in awhile because police are human but those are dealt with swiftly when it does. It's an election year so it's hot and heavy right now to get Biden elected. It will die down for 3 years or so until 2024.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:30 PM 06-07-2020
The argument at its core is about police brutality. There’s nothing loose about that. Police aren’t hunting blacks based on the data and there are studies that also reflect that.
Hey, man. I'm kinda tired and about to go to sleep. Can you respond in the next 20 minutes with your thoughts on at least one of the hundred studies I put in front of you? I'm just genuinely grateful I found someone so excited about statistics who's ready to really delve into the analysis! Thanks again in advance.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:30 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
Replied in red
we mostly agree.

Anti-LEO didn't start under Obama, though. That's not a true statement.

I also don't think ditching police unions is a good idea, but there definitely must be more accountability. A look at Chauvin's record tells me that it's not happening right now.

And the 'good cops' aren't turning in the bad ones. 57 in Buffalo the other day say otherwise.

The three other cops with Chauvin tell me otherwise. It tells me that at the very least, other cops are afraid of speaking out or intervening; at worst they're fine with it.

The 'militarization' of cops...I have no issues with vests. We don't need ****ing armored cars. That's ridiculous, and was some shit that started with the Patriot Act. They look like ****ing Stormtroopers, a lot of the time they act like Stormtroopers, so yeah, the public regards them as...Stormtroopers.

community policing, walking beats, actually being a part of the community and living in that community would all go a long way towards making things a lot better, I agree. It's the "OTHERNESS" that is a huge problem on so many levels in this country. When people actually get to know each other, they learn that most people are the same, really.

I think maybe something like any unnecessary force complaints should be
reviewed by a civilian board. Smaller towns could maybe do it with City Council. Larger cities might have to draw a new board.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:33 PM 06-07-2020
Is that your punchable face in your avy?
Dude where have you been? that’s not him, Dave looks like Willem Dafoe had a buttbaby with young Gary Busey

But we still love ya, Dave :-)
[Reply]
eDave 07:34 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Dude where have you been? that’s not him, Dave looks like Willem Dafoe had a buttbaby with young Gary Busey

Brad Pitt. Or Ivan.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:38 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Hey, man. I'm kinda tired and about to go to sleep. Can you respond in the next 20 minutes with your thoughts on at least one of the hundred studies I put in front of you? I'm just genuinely grateful I found someone so excited about statistics who's ready to really delve into the analysis! Thanks again in advance.
I’ve already addressed it.

The statistics you posted have nothing to do with police brutality. What is all of this about? Police brutality. I allowed you to get me sidetracked with other forms of racism, I’m not going to continue to do so.

I never said racism doesn’t exist, police don’t profile, it can’t be harder for blacks to get some jobs etc. That doesn’t mean that all blacks are being held back either though. Again, stop looking at everything so black and white. Despite what you believe there are millions of blacks that would tell you they don’t believe racism is a big issue, but you continue to act like there are 8.

That’s all I really have to say because I’m trying to focus on the supposed main issue which is police brutality.
[Reply]
emaw1979 07:40 PM 06-07-2020
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Simple solution: accountability. I've read your posts before and if I remember you're a LEO. So, if a fellow officer were to kill someone wrongly then instead of that lawsuit being paid out via the taxpayers then have the LEO personally responsible, or even better have that money come out the retirement fund for the other LEO's. How soon would the "bad apples" in the force feel the heat if they had to deal with heat from everyone else whose pension (including yours) just got lighter....?
If an officer kills someone, like in Minnesota or any other instance, it's investigated by an outside agency like the state or multiple area agencies. The agency that officer belongs to aren't part of the investigation.

Bad apples are rooted out pretty quickly generally speaking. Why would you punish people that have no knowledge of the bad apples? If you witness something or have knowledge of a criminal offense and don't report it would you like to be held financially responsible?

If an officer kills someone "wrongly" and they are likely outside of policy they can be held liable civilly as well as criminal charges.
[Reply]
eDave 07:41 PM 06-07-2020

I would be remiss if I didn't say I love you too. Just watched Boardwalk Bullivard and Steve fits too.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:43 PM 06-07-2020
I would be remiss if I didn't say I love you too. Just watched Boardwalk Bullivard and Steve fits too.
One of these days I’ll get a pic up here for you to rip on
[Reply]
eDave 07:45 PM 06-07-2020
One of these days I’ll get a pic up here for you to rip on
Decent people don't do that. You will have quite a feat on your hands trying to find me disparaging ones God given looks.
[Reply]
Page 47 of 95
« First < 374344454647 4849505157 > Last »
Up